2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bowers is on my want list. Only a Sophomore. Good all around TE, and was impressive last year.
    Absolute Beast. Im likely scouting backup QBs also. If we are intent on wasting 3rd rounders....maybe we should use one on a developmental QB behind JH. Given the fact we lose our studs at such a high clip...imagine if JH went out.

Bo Nix is doing pretty well this season with Oregon. Not saying in the 3rd...just he might be a nice back up with some ceiling. His ability to run sets a decent floor.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Said it before but Zach Charbonnet is worth grabbing

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Absolute Beast. Im likely scouting backup QBs also. If we are intent on wasting 3rd rounders....maybe we should use one on a developmental QB behind JH. Given the fact we lose our studs at such a high clip...imagine if JH went out.

Bo Nix is doing pretty well this season with Oregon. Not saying in the 3rd...just he might be a nice back up with some ceiling. His ability to run sets a decent floor.
        We'll see how Ehlinger does today. I thought he was worth a flyer late. He is a gamer like Minshew who is still on my backup QB list.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

I was really impressed with Ohio State defensive end J.T. Tuimoloau this past Saturday. He two sacks, one of them a strip-sack, and a pick-six. He's only a sophomore, though.

Michigan's Mike Morris leaps off the screen for me nearly every game. He has good size, too, at 6-6, 292 pounds. He's a senior.

Michigan's Blake Corum had another big game running the ball on Saturday, with 177 yards and a touchdown on 33 carries.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Will WR Jaylin Hyatt be there when they pick in the 1st? From what I’ve seen, he looks to be worth a first and give this team 1 of at least 2 explosive WRs they need.

The other one I’m hoping they go for in free agency is Parris Campbell. I know he’s been injured in the past, but he’s explosive and can be a gadget player and relatively cheap.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings-will-anderson-jr-no-1-three-quarterbacks-in-top-5/

my guys are starting to bunch up and into the first round.... Jared Verse, O'Cyrus Torrence, and Siaki Ika have joined the likes of Skoronski, Bijan, and Tyree Wilson.

Fashanu is up there, along w/Antonio Johnson, and look out Critty.... here comes Matthew Bergeron.

who else should the Chargers consider w/their first rounder ??

Brian Bresee has dropped, and while Jahmyr Gibbs has moved pretty solidly into the mix.... the one guy that worries me is Mayer (no thank you, pls).

come day two, if Sewell is there, he is a priority, and not really keen on spending day two capital on a swing tackle, but am keeping my eye on OT Connor Galvin as well ??

round three, if Emmanuel Forbes is still on the board, that is pretty much a no brainer, albeit not sure how you pass on Calijah Kancey if he's there round three, and not to mention someone like TE Dalton Kincaid (neither of which made the list) ?? !!

the only other guy that's on my watch list, that's not listed on the cbs top 100, is OG Cooper Beebe, who me thinx would be a pretty good day three pickup.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

While i sort of shy away from stud TCU WR's i still really like Quentin Johnson who did not play today. Bummer he couldn't go today. TCU is bound to produce a stud NFL WR eventually.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Spotting the Vols 8 to beat the Bulldogs feels off to me? This game should be awesome. Bowers likely has a massive game if Georgia wins.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

The Aztecs are outta it.
                    So many bowl games, a team can have a losing season and there’ll be a bowl for them.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                      Will WR Jaylin Hyatt be there when they pick in the 1st? From what I’ve seen, he looks to be worth a first and give this team 1 of at least 2 explosive WRs they need.

The other one I’m hoping they go for in free agency is Parris Campbell. I know he’s been injured in the past, but he’s explosive and can be a gadget player and relatively cheap.
                      Hyatt is on my wish list...perfect Slayer successor...with more speed...
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Hyatt is on my wish list...perfect Slayer successor...with more speed...
                        I like him as well. Ive seen him listed anywhere from 175 lbs to 185 lbs @ 6' since he looked pretty slim to me on TV. A bit light in the ass but he has speed and we can use some.
                        Looking at the WRs we are signing to the PS .....they seem to like taller guys for some reason.

Doss and Hightower are 6'3".

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Brought this up a ton last year prior to the draft. It was the main reason why i thought we would go WR in the 1st. Also sort of felt like Staley was saying to much.

Comment

Working...
                          X