2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

what if Hyatt is still available in the 2nd?
    I doubt it now, but who knows. I would guess other positions for depth. Branch, Porter Jr., Mayer, Sanders. Lots to pick from. Trust your board.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

what if Hyatt is still available in the 2nd?
      If he is the top rated player on your board - and its not close - I have no problem Like in Round 1 - I preferred to trade down with the caveat - if there is top 15 talent (including the QBs) on your draft board - that is good value at 21

If Hyatt at 54 is ranked in your top 30-35 players and the best TE is 47 and the best CB is 42 and the best Edge is in that range - I think you take Hyatt over need. Though would prefer Edge or TE all things equal. Musgrave at 54 - seems nice to me

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Speed burner/returner is Day3 also.
        I will bet my next Social Security check this is their plan. They need a kick returner, and I'm sure they have their eye on a player, or players, for day 3 who will fill this role, who can return kicks and who can get behind a defense.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

I’m not so sure because I think we’re going to be rotating our WRs a lot. QJ is an outside guy but Palmer can play in the slot or on the outside, so I think we use QJ and Palmer to give Keenan (and to a lesser extent MW) some snaps off to help them get through the season.

I think it’s much more likely they go EDGE in Round 2, but if Mayer or Musgrave or Washington are still there at 54 I think you almost have to do it. Especially considering at least one of Keenan or MW will not be on the team in 2024.
          Edge or IDL seem like good bets, depending on who’s on the board at 54 … LOS team and all that jazz. Last year showed we were thin behind starters in both of those groupings. CB can’t be ruled out either. My spidey senses say D F7 in R2 that can contribute in a regular rotational role and sub start for an injury, not a RB or TE. But I thought they;d covet Mayers yesterday so my guesses aren’t any good.

maybe wildcard = MLB? There are 3 or 4 decent ones still on the board - that feels more like R3 - R5 though.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Lol...gotta admit, Im pretty blue...this kid adds nothing to our team we dont already have...he is a future replacement, and a boom or bust prospect at that....exactly the kind of pick I didnt want to make in the first...oh well...hope Im wrong. I didnt even have him on my board...didnt think he fit us at all...and didnt like how he was shut down whenever TCU faced a good defense...of the top 8 receivers, has the worst drop rate. A lot of his YAC was busted coverages. Im perplexed...there were at least a dozen players I would have been happy with, thats how good the draft was going...again, hope Im wrong. Cant pick my favorite player EVERY year, lol....

Heres to hoping Herbert turns this kid into a star...
            That’s a lot of busted coverage from year to year. He may be better than you think in the YAC arena.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I will bet my next Social Security check this is their plan. They need a kick returner, and I'm sure they have their eye on a player, or players, for day 3 who will fill this role, who can return kicks and who can get behind a defense.
              Round 6 - 7 is where this falls for me now.

Tre Tucker 4.37
              Moreno Cropper 4.40
              Derius Davis 4.36
              Ford-Wheaton 4.38
              Matt Landers 4.37

Not so sure that these guys are all returner material, but speed is speed. We can always pick up a KR/PR as a UDFA as well.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I had him rated the number two WR but also thought he would be gone 3-6 picks before we picked…this is a solid value pick at #21 and it tells me that the ugly playoff loss might’ve diminished staley’s influence in the draft room, this could be foreshadowing things to come, maybe they are already thinking of replacing staley with moore, this was a moore/herbert centric pick, anything that benefits herbert is fine by me…still tho, would’ve loved nolan smith or myles murphy myself but impossible for me to be mad about this pick…solid, safe, sensible, responsible, and very intelligent pick…
                Not sure how this pick foreshadowed Staley’s diminished role. We picked an offensive piece in the first three rounds with him as HC.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will still be good if Telesco doubles down and gets a burner, straight line speed type on Day 3. More raw and room to learn - but another speed guy would be nice.
                  Landers should be there in the 6th maybe even 7th round…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will still be good if Telesco doubles down and gets a burner, straight line speed type on Day 3. More raw and room to learn - but another speed guy would be nice.
                    I'd be okay with that...especially a burner who can return kickoffs and punts...that way, we don't risk injury to one of our starters as a returner...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Round 2 looks like it could be epic with who is left on the board! I'm liking the QJ pick our WR corp is now deep and solid! I think once our draft is complete with all the other players we pick the QJ pick will look good that is if TT picks the right players!
                      Looks like they’ll have their choice of the good 2nd tier edge or TE, maybe even a second tier CB, perhaps the 3rd best DT in the draft could be their too, if they do what they did with the QJ pick, they’ll het another great blend of BPA at a position of need combo…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Mayer at one time was projected as a top 10 talent...wonder why he fell like a rock out of round 1...has to be more than his somewhat slow combine 40 time...must be something else...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Fansided has us going Clark Phillips in 2 and Gervon Dexter in 3. We pass on Darnell Washington for Phillips, and I personally would not do that. To go TE and then DL would be most welcome.

Comment

Working...
                          X