2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    I know it would have been difficult, but tonight is where I thought a creative GM could have leveraged the Ekeler situation into something positive for us, ie draft day trade.

Maybe they tried and we'll never know.
    The GAC guys said telesco turned down a couple of trade downs to stay at 21 and take johnson so they clearly thought he should’ve gone higher in the draft and had no desire to gamble on missing out on him…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

View QJ as a reach, not in terms of position, but need. Not a speed, separator. Luxury pick when they could have addressed pass rusher, Nolan Smith or improve secondary, Joey Porter Jr.
      If they wanted speed/separation Zay right there.
      FAIL!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        At least QJ didn't show up with a 5 lb necklace lol.
        And a pink suit and bow tie...AND the 5# bling...

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The GAC guys said telesco turned down a couple of trade downs to stay at 21 and take johnson so they clearly thought he should’ve gone higher in the draft and had no desire to gamble on missing out on him…
          To be honest all 4 of the WRs taken in the first round this year have some significant flaws...I think we will look back on this class in a few years with a solid "meh."
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

QJ fits Moore’s type of WR as well.
            CeeDee Lamb 2.0?

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Immediately if Pete Prisco dislikes the pick I immediately like it. LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don’t hate the johnson pick at all, I thought he was my second highest rated WR in the draft based on his YAC prowess alone and he fits the physical profile the chargers like in their receivers, I had johnson getting picked somewhere between pick 11-17….BUT with both nolan smith and myles murphy sitting there at #21, I just don’t understand how you pass both of those guys up, both could’ve gone in the 8-13 range and few people would’ve thought that they were reaches…
                I'll tell you ..... Telesco needs the Chargers to win this year for personal reasons.

They have two very good starters in Bosa & Mack.
                Injury prone - sure; nearing the end - okay; but they are bonafide first rate starters.
                What if they stay healthy all year? Where do you play Murphy/Smith?
                They'd be spot starters playing few minutes in crunch time most weeks.

A 1rst round wide receiver will play many more plays.
                Besides, they want someone who can come in and learn how to be a route runner & professional from Keenan Allen, whose days are numbered.

Telesco will focus on defensive end in round 2.
                Telesco will focus on the interior to the Oline sooner than we think.

Wide receiver, edge and the interior Oline were the primary problems with the team last year.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
                  Of course Telesco will say he was the last player they had a first round grade on

somehow the Jags have managed to trade down…

now Kincaid to the Bills!!! This night has gone from feeling like we were sitting pretty to pretty shitty!
                  That's what TT said about Tillery...hope QJ works out for us...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wonder if the Bolt brass were divided over picking the bigger wideout vs. one of the smaller receivers...
                    That's what I hear: the draft room was divided and Telesco prevailed.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Lol...gotta admit, Im pretty blue...this kid adds nothing to our team we dont already have...he is a future replacement, and a boom or bust prospect at that....exactly the kind of pick I didnt want to make in the first...oh well...hope Im wrong. I didnt even have him on my board...didnt think he fit us at all...and didnt like how he was shut down whenever TCU faced a good defense...of the top 8 receivers, has the worst drop rate. A lot of his YAC was busted coverages. Im perplexed...there were at least a dozen players I would have been happy with, thats how good the draft was going...again, hope Im wrong. Cant pick my favorite player EVERY year, lol....

Heres to hoping Herbert turns this kid into a star...
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
                        Blah Blah pick put hope for the best. Did you see all the draft rooms hugging and slapping high fives then they go to the Charger draft room and no on is moving, excited or interacting. Says a lot about the pick and organization.
                        Lol, does it, really? Most of those rooms look like a large crowd of butt-licking yes-men sycophants congratulating the decision maker like Eddie fucking Haskel to me. 18th pick in the draft and they full face lick him like he just made the greatest pick in the history of sport and that singular pick transformed their organization for a generation. One after another jostling to get their handshake on tape, its like watching POTUS walk down the aisle of congress before a SOTU speech.

Color me unimpressed with the bizarrely exuberant celebrations for watching their GM do his job and make their pick. It don’t mean shit.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Deflating first day of the draft after how well things shaped up going into our pick. Gonna have to work on catching since he has a human artillery gun slamming passes into his apparently stoney hands.

Comment

Working...
                          X