2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

All this being stated watch TT draft a CB and LB! LOL...
    Very possible.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

So much awesome talent that can fill immediate depth needs and ‘starters in waiting’ still left, it’s hard not to get excited for today…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

WR Charlie Jones runs a 4.43 maybe he could be had in round 5 and have value as a returner, as well as complete our WR's and have value if we have injuries!

Just found this on him:

He was primarily a kick and punt returner the previous two seasons at Iowa, scoring 5 touchdowns (3 on passes, 1 punt return, 1 kickoff return). He had 3 touchdown catches in his freshman season at Buffalo​

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

All this being stated watch TT draft a CB and LB! LOL...
          We need those, too, so I'm ok with it. If we somehow come away with Porter, Jr AND Drew Sanders on Day 2 I'll be ecstatic.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

We need those, too, so I'm ok with it. If we somehow come away with Porter, Jr AND Drew Sanders on Day 2 I'll be ecstatic.
            I think Branch and Porter are the first 2 guys off the board tonight. I saw them ranked 16 & 17 overall.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

I look at it like this. We were all Bijan or Kincaid. But if you look at College Football last season how could you ignore Quentin Johnston? In the big 12 he was huge.

let’s have the conversation about this. Is he Michael Crabtree? I don’t know.

Is he Terrell Owens? I think so closer to that. Working with Kennan Allen and Mike Williams he’s gonna know how to catch the ball and Justin Herbert.

I look at a guy like Jamar Chase and I compare him to that. Jamar Chase had the drops early and then just took off. The guy is very explosive. I’m not saleing the pick I’m just saying what I see out there.

if we don’t take him Baltimore drafts him instead of Zay Flowers and Minnesota drafts him instead of Addison.

after Jaxon we had to draft him. He was the best player on the board. I think the team was ecstatic that he was still there. So all you guys who liked Kincaid I think the whole team liked this guy over Kincaid and this was the guy they wanted.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                All the bullshit stop. This guy was rated the top receiver in the draft. We all were talking about Jordan Addison and Zay fucking Flowers.

this guy was the most explosive receiver in football a guy who can score when he touches the ball. All that gadget shit receiver shit throw it out the window. He runs the whole route tree.

Jaxson he’s good but he didn’t really play. I saw a lot of this guy. And his compete is great.

the blowback is a joke. We have Justin Fucking Herbert as our Quarterback. Now man the fuck up and let’s win a super bowl.

this guy is a beast. He fell to us. All that trade back shit. Jerry Jones was taking him with his pick. They got stumped. All draft process we talked about Gibbs and Robinson both guys off the board. The fact that we got a guy like this huge.
                I agree.... football is a game about big people.... and this receiver is a faster, quicker version of MW......with similar size...

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                  I look at it like this. We were all Bijan or Kincaid. But if you look at College Football last season how could you ignore Quentin Johnston? In the big 12 he was huge.

let’s have the conversation about this. Is he Michael Crabtree? I don’t know.

Is he Terrell Owens? I think so closer to that. Working with Kennan Allen and Mike Williams he’s gonna know how to catch the ball and Justin Herbert.

I look at a guy like Jamar Chase and I compare him to that. Jamar Chase had the drops early and then just took off. The guy is very explosive. I’m not saleing the pick I’m just saying what I see out there.

if we don’t take him Baltimore drafts him instead of Zay Flowers and Minnesota drafts him instead of Addison.

after Jaxon we had to draft him. He was the best player on the board. I think the team was ecstatic that he was still there. So all you guys who liked Kincaid I think the whole team liked this guy over Kincaid and this was the guy they wanted.
                  The old saying goes "If you listen to the fans, you'll end up sitting with them". It's ultimately their livelihood on the line so they need to trust themselves. We are and always will be, just fans.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

As the 17th pick in Moore's offense Ceedee Lamb had 74 catches for 935 yards and scored 7 touchdowns in 16 games in his rookie season in 2020. If we get something like this from QJ it was a good pick. If he's dropping passes left and right and puts up low numbers it was the wrong pick. ​

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

what if Hyatt is still available in the 2nd?
                      I would be very tempted to take him..... but I assume there would also be a great TE, CB, edge, or RB sitting there....

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

WR Charlie Jones runs a 4.43 maybe he could be had in round 5 and have value as a returner, as well as complete our WR's and have value if we have injuries!

Just found this on him:

He was primarily a kick and punt returner the previous two seasons at Iowa, scoring 5 touchdowns (3 on passes, 1 punt return, 1 kickoff return). He had 3 touchdown catches in his freshman season at Buffalo​
                        sounds good, they will be carrying 6 WRs this year so makes me think they will only keep herbert and stick on the 53 man roster at the QB spot…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Day 2 Random observations

Only player I would trade up for is Branch...maybe a few spots with a very late round pick for Mayer or Washington...but really want to stay put, the board is looking good.

Really, really like Ade Adebawore....his tape is awesome...unbelievable motor...would put the icing on the pass rush cake...and could realistically fall to us.

Still got one more draft dream, after Bijancaid....the Brown brothers. Both really good kids, great players, and two positions that would be nice to add to...I think by themselves, they are both going to have nice careers...but together? I think that twin thing really comes into play...they feed off one another....I really hope they get on the same team...would love it if it was us.

One very boring pick in the second round would be a IOL with center versatility...or even just a center...but there are some really good ones this year, and Linsley is a concern for me....I think he could pull the plug at anytime...a smart man that would walk away from money for his long term health...just a hunch....and his chronic issues forecast at least a few games missed...a good backup, and eventual replacement, would be a smart pick.

Lotta good corners...have to admit it's tempting...still hoping we go elsewhere....except Clark Phillips III...for Nutty's sake...and I do like the kid's game...also Porter Jr....but no way Pittsburgh passes twice.

May be considered a bit of a reach to some...but me and my kid were watching Tyjae Spears early this morning...this kid does look amazing...

Feel horrible for Levis...hope the kid feeds off the chip this puts on his shoulder...though if he does, hope it's in the NFC...lol

Finally, in the end...would love for us to take advantage of the pass rushers, of all varieties, in the second round...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X