2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Naw, I’m just fucking around. End of draft wind-down. I’m the anti-bitch sent by Dean to bitch at the bitchers. It’s a living …

I’ve called TT completely average. His drafts are average, his record is average, he is utterly mediocre average. I’m on record supporting an upgrade at GM. Many here have hope that Staley and now Moore have improved his choices by their direct influence and lobbying. Tbd as far as i am concerned. We have a good roster right now, but a lot of it was bought, not born.

There were a lot of guys here who did not want Herbert - Tua or not. I recall some Edge/DE a lot were hot about as better than Herbert. I agree we were lucky that Miami was stupid to prefer Tua, but some of us knew which would be better before the draft. but I have never seen these TT quotes I have heard a few times here that TT would have drafted Tua. Perhaps you could repost them to complete the record?
    I hear you. Id say realistically if Bosa Mack, JC, and Allen and Williams with Ek stay healthy and play out a full season and Herbert is Herbert we have a chance, however if our players start dropping like flies we have no chance come playoff time. Staley really needs to coach well also with this schedule no more BS calls and taking chances in meaningless games with players.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      This Draft was about as exciting as the off-season as a whole. In other words, a total dud. LOL! We just fell further and further behind the top teams in the League. Telesco, once again, proves he has zero feel for the Draft. If a player doesn't fall into his lap (James, Herbie, Slater) he whiffs. The Eagles and Chiefs are gonna be in the SB next year, again. Basically nothing to discuss, other than how pathetic this franchise is, from now until the coming season is over. Might as well just fast forward through the throwaway '23 season and see what the next coaching staff and FO can do for the losing culture. This team - from ownership on down - is just a joke. Our one claim to fame is the coining of the word "Chargering". A term that so aptly fits.
      I'm hoping that this draft actually does plug some holes, depth-wise. The biggest wild-card to me is the 3rd round pick (Henley). He's not a natural LB that recognizes plays quickly (he played QB, WR, and DB in high school but NO linebacker) but he does have the speed and tackling ability to make up for some of that. If Henley could improve his recognition skills - but exactly how likely is that at this stage (he's 23 years old) - I see a real difference maker for us at ILB. That's a big IF though.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually, no...there are a ton of underthrows and inaccurate throws on his tape...his arm talent is shaky...but he is a smart kid, a winner, and a good athlete....he is actually a Big school version of Stick, I think...it's a 7th rounder, so a harmless pick...and he will actually be valuable as a #3 in camp and practice...you need those guys, and he will be good in the film room.
        Chase Daniels on minimum rookie contract with glimmer of hope he absorbs playbook? Hey I’ll take that,

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Guess what. Back up QBs play an important role in the NFL. Ask Niners fans. Back up QBs are drafted in the 7th round. Ask Niners fans.
          Okay ask Jerrod Goff that. We already have a backup. But shit I don’t give a fuck Patriots drafted Kliff Kingsbury and Rohan Davey with Tom Brady.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nope - in fact he’s suing the band because after he told them he wasn’t going to tour this year, they cut his part of the tour profits from 25% to 5%. He thinks he should get 25% of the tour money for not touring, not sure why.

John 5 is touring with them this year.

as to the prior Crue post - what would Vince Neil record such shitty vocals to then lip synch to? something Mick said in his lawsuit is he was the only one in the entire band not faking it to backing tracks on the last tour
            Milli Crue

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Staley pointed to the team’s struggles running the ball — the Chargers finished 30th in yards rushing — as a determining factor in making changes to his offensive staff.

Since he was hired in January 2021, Staley has talked about a desire for the Chargers to be a tough, line-of-scrimmage team. In his two seasons, the team hasn’t reached that status.

“I think that there’s a different level that we need to play at offensively,” Staley said, “particularly at the line of scrimmage in the run game and having the marriage of the run and the pass, creating more explosions on early downs.

“There’s just a style of play that’s still out there for us. I think we’ve made improvements each season toward heading where I think we can ultimately go as a football team.”

The Chargers’ loss Saturday night was made possible in part because they were unable to run the ball in the second half and consume valuable time off the clock. They rushed eight times for 20 yards after halftime.

So far there haven't been any additions in free agency or the draft to improve the running game. No new blocking tight end. No new running back. Maybe he thinks with Slater coming back, Zion going to left guard, and Salyer moving to right guard the running game will improve under a new offensive coordinator. I just find it a little perplexing.​

https://www.latimes.com/sports/charg...eaks-of-future

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually, no...there are a ton of underthrows and inaccurate throws on his tape...his arm talent is shaky...but he is a smart kid, a winner, and a good athlete....he is actually a Big school version of Stick, I think...it's a 7th rounder, so a harmless pick...and he will actually be valuable as a #3 in camp and practice...you need those guys, and he will be good in the film room.
                Oh...so Duggan is a Rich Man's Stick...well, I guess that's better than a Poor Man's Stick...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Most surprising. In a deep corner market, Chargers did not select one. Strength of class, did not select a corner.

emphasis all offensive

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                    I don’t think y’all understand Henley was here for Coverage. We got Shredded By Kelce now we got a guy who can cover him. You’re in a division with Mayer. You need a linebacker that can cover so I like it.
                    If you’re expecting a rookie to come in and cover Travis Kelce you’re living in fantasy land

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                      Most surprising. In a deep corner market, Chargers did not select one. Strength of class, did not select a corner.

emphasis all offensive
                      According to Staley, they didn't feel they needed one.

Staley said in his presser that they really like their secondary group. He said "fans may not know about these young guys but they will and they are coming."

But he did mention they would like to get JC back and sounded like it may be sooner than later.

He said the same thing about the TE group.

He may be a very good car salesmam

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If you’re expecting a rookie to come in and cover Travis Kelce you’re living in fantasy land
                        Well he’s gonna come in and do it. He’s gonna have to guard him. You think he’s just running away from him? The kid is mature can play and is skilled at that. He’s from Crenshaw not soft. Tough. So he will do a great job of that. We have a few guys but he will be asked to do it by coach. I never saw Fred Warner run away from stuff. I like the kid and I like the pick.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

another thing I’m tired of guys being scared. We are building a team. We are not scared of the Chiefs. We got edge rushers coverage linebackers. Skilled playmakers. I’d like to see the Chiefs cover us.

im not budging. I like this team. And I feel we will be in the conference championship game. I feel we will be in the AFC conference championship game. I’m pumped. Let’s fucking go.

We got the personnel.

Comment

Working...
                          X