2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

This year's draft and team will look so much better with Slater back at left tackle.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I hear you. Id say realistically if Bosa Mack, JC, and Allen and Williams with Ek stay healthy and play out a full season and Herbert is Herbert we have a chance, however if our players start dropping like flies we have no chance come playoff time. Staley really needs to coach well also with this schedule no more BS calls and taking chances in meaningless games with players.
      There is no team in the NFL that can overcome losing key players especially their QB…last year the eagles looked unbeatable until they lost jalen hurts, and then they looked beatable and lost what? Like 2 games in a row without jalen? And goingminto themseason the eagles had a back up QB situation that many here envied, bit it made no difference, no jalen meant no wins…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Big draft for somehting we all cried about last season = depth

This is how you overcome the injury curse

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

There’s a lot of turd polishing as expected but this could go down as the worst Charger draft in history.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

With everyone important healthy, we can totally beat all three of those teams this year. Chiefs will be the hardest as always. But yeah, we can.
            The new OC and staying healthy are the two keys to a better winning percentage this year because the draft didn’t move the needle.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
              There’s a lot of turd polishing as expected but this could go down as the worst Charger draft in history.
              At first glance - it feels a bit underwhelming to me. But I am hopeful that Telesco and Staley know what they are doing

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Only us and NO.
                New Orleans made a trade

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I hear you. Id say realistically if Bosa Mack, JC, and Allen and Williams with Ek stay healthy and play out a full season and Herbert is Herbert we have a chance, however if our players start dropping like flies we have no chance come playoff time. Staley really needs to coach well also with this schedule no more BS calls and taking chances in meaningless games with players.
                  Well basically the above is what Telesco/Staley are counting on - the health of those key players that were not all healthy last year. Well Mack and Ek were. Slater, MW, KA and Bosa all had injuries

At this point - I still see an issue with depth at certain positions. I don't like the depth of the TE room. Interior OL - see what McFadden brings but Jaimes and Clapp are just a couple guys

The Running back position - unless its Spiller - not a fan of it.

WR I think has improved with the draft picks

Safety - need to bring in depth I would think. I think Callahan will not be back

JJ3, Floyd and a guy like Aboushi

And if this thing goes sideways - will be the biggest firesale at the trade deadline in NFL history and TElesco will be gone

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Telesco gave Ekeler the upper hand since he didn’t draft a RB. Chargers might have to sweeten the deal some for this season or Ekeler could really screw things up.

I’m gobsmacked the team did absolutely nothing to leverage themselves into a better RB situation versus being 100% dependent on what Ekeler decides to do.

It’s like, we are begging you to play but it’s on our terms m*thrf*kr. Shades of Lord of No Rings

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

If ya'll get the chance there is a greal NFL.com HEY ROOKIE episode that highlights QJ, Hyatt, and Joey Porter Jr. Good stuff!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

Okay ask Jerrod Goff that. We already have a backup. But shit I don’t give a fuck Patriots drafted Kliff Kingsbury and Rohan Davey with Tom Brady.
                        Duggan is going to be a better QB than you might think. But, there's no denying he has a weak-ass arm. I'm sure, like me, you saw all the under-thrown passes while watching video of our two new WRs. He might be a good game manager if he wins the back up role and ever has to relieve Herbert, but his down field throws are weaker than Tua's.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Duggan is going to be a better QB than you might think. But, there's no denying he has a weak-ass arm. I'm sure, like me, you saw all the under-thrown passes while watching video of our two new WRs. He might be a good game manager if he wins the back up role and ever has to relieve Herbert, but his down field throws are weaker than Tua's.
                          He will be the opposing team QB during training camp and will teach our DB’s how to react to underthrown balls. It’s a confidence builder.

Comment

Working...
                          X