2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lightsout42
    Hire a winning coach
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Neither of the players you mentioned will start for us if we have Keenan, MW and Palmer..neither will Meyer or Kincaid.

Everett has 1 year left on his deal.

Not advocating anyone in particular there , all would help but not start for us til we have an injury.

I think we should draft BPA regardless of the possition except QB. Or maybe OT if we resign Pip.
    Agreed. Right now I’m leaning BPA (except QB, and OL if we keep Pip) with a bias towards Edge and DB. Staley D requires quality DB and Edge play for pressure and outside contain. We definitely don’t have sufficient depth at Edge for rotation/injuries. I think we have a good DT core, but would depth there in day 2/3 depending on value.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

Agreed. Right now I’m leaning BPA (except QB, and OL if we keep Pip) with a bias towards Edge and DB. Staley D requires quality DB and Edge play for pressure and outside contain. We definitely don’t have sufficient depth at Edge for rotation/injuries. I think we have a good DT core, but would depth there in day 2/3 depending on value.
      Don’t have good WR depth for rotation/injury either. Just saying. Both are high needs, edge and WR.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Neither of the players you mentioned will start for us if we have Keenan, MW and Palmer..neither will Meyer or Kincaid.

Everett has 1 year left on his deal.

Not advocating anyone in particular there , all would help but not start for us til we have an injury.

I think we should draft BPA regardless of the possition except QB. Or maybe OT if we resign Pip.
        Yeah that’s not the point I think Jalen Hyat and Addison provides that speed that we’ve been looking for at the wide receiver we need. And others on this board have been advocating for.

I’ve been and said I’m against drafting a tight end. You can find a great tight end in the mid rounds like the tight end from Tulane. I don’t see a Tony Gonzalez

id rather get the skill. Mike Williams starts and Allen stays on the field. They definitely start over Joshua Palmer.

and definitely Kijuan Robinson starts over Austin Eckler. Cause he’s a bell cow.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Defense always needs help but I gotta feelin this year is gonna be an offensive draft Hopefully we don't ignore the trenches cuz they Always need depth.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

Yeah that’s not the point I think Jalen Hyat and Addison provides that speed that we’ve been looking for at the wide receiver we need. And others on this board have been advocating for.

I’ve been and said I’m against drafting a tight end. You can find a great tight end in the mid rounds like the tight end from Tulane. I don’t see a Tony Gonzalez

id rather get the skill. Mike Williams starts and Allen stays on the field. They definitely start over Joshua Palmer.

and definitely Kijuan Robinson starts over Austin Eckler. Cause he’s a bell cow.
            Agreed.Bout time to grab some stars again.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              I hate the Daniel Jeremiah mock draft. What’s fucked up is he’s our color commentator. I hope he doesn’t know something. We have Gerald Everett we don’t need a tight end he made a great connection with Herbert.

we need to draft Jalen Hyatt or Jordan Addison or Kijuan Robinson. Our 1st round pick needs to be an impact player.
              Yes, like a great OL or a great NT.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                Would you take O'Cyrus with our 21st pick?

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  You should watch Cincy. They go skill in the first and almost all their OL guys are 4th and later rounds. They’re just coached well. You can coach up OL. It’s not a skill position.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You should watch Cincy. They go skill in the first and almost all their OL guys are 4th and later rounds. They’re just coached well. You can coach up OL. It’s not a skill position.
                    And all the backups they are playing are dominating the Bills starters.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And all the backups they are playing are dominating the Bills starters.
                      It’s coaching. All those years NE had good lines they weren’t using top picks for all of them. They just had the best OL coach. We need a guy like Scar

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Coached well and apparently good drafting.Drafting and signing Quality depth will win or lose games.Think Serell would make their lineup?lol!

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Would you take O'Cyrus with our 21st pick?
                          Yes, I think he's better than our last year OG - Zion.
                          I'd also be tempted to take a NT - Mazi Smith of Ohio State.

But, I'm not a draft guru.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X