2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Who do you lay it on if you think they had the talent but didn't produce offensively?
    Injuries and player consistency.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Is there a Dexter Lawrence in this year's draft we could snag?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Vaughn won't be close to another Ekeler. He weighs 176 lbs. Dexter McCluster maybe.
        Vaughn = D. Sproles 2.0

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

AND - They rushed best when they were ahead and Bills knew they were going to run. They didn’t run that well in the first half - ok but not that well and not like they did when they wanted to put the game away. Very impressive game they played, the OL just started manhandling the Bills defensive front, just mauled them. Very impressive indeed.
          https://fishker.com/64-2/

Bengals-Bills Divisional Playoff Game (full game - no commercials)

I rewatched this already and I am rewatching the Cowboys now. Micah Parsons needed help walking off the field at halftime, that's how much energy he expended in the first half on defense as Dak was ass.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

LB Trenton Simpson All snaps versus Wake Forest

#22 Clemson Tigers

Anyone who watched Jacksonville on defense this season will appreciate how much better their front seven was with the addition of Devin Lloyd at LB. I will argue that LB is the #1 overalll need in the draft and I lost count of the plays Trenton Simpson made behind the line of scrimmage - in run coverage and pass coverage - for Clemson against Wake Forest. With healthy EDGES in Mack + Bosa in 2023, I believe it is sound to have the closet thing to Roquan Smith at LB, in either Trenton Simpson or Drew Sanders of Arkansas at LB.

You don't need WR when WR DeAndre Hopkins says he wants to be traded to the Chargers. Dump Keenan Allen and his salary and make it happen.

I'm being told Hopkins prefers to get to go to either the Jaguars or the Chargers.

On Tuesday, The Score's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals are going to try and trade wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins this offseason.

Hopkins - with just two years left on his deal - is expected to ask for a new contract according to Schultz.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/arizona-cardinals-deandre-hopkins-reportedly-wants-to-be-traded-to-these-two-teams

IMO, the Chargers will stand pat on Keenan in 2023 and POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $32,297,527; $26,100,000 DEAD CAP*

*Spotrac

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

42-Drew-Sanders.jpg

Drew Sanders - LB

Imagine this guy playing next to Drue Tranquill. Their play diagnosis between the two
              would be really special.

Height 6′ 5″, Weight 234 lbs

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I'm not a draftnik but Hyatt is really projected to go that late?? I thought for sure he would be a 1st Rounder. He'd certainly provide the deep threat that we need. Also, it'd be cool for me, because he went to high school about 5 miles from my house.
                I'm no draftnik either, but there's no way Hyatt escapes round 1--as in NO WAY.
                He's exactly who we need. If we don't take him, the Ravens will a pick later.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• GetBolted
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Butler, PA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Hyatt gone by mid second for sure...Looking at receiver stats i noticed something. My top 4 are (in order) Zay Flowers, Rashee Rice, Jalin Hyatt and Addison. The only two who did not fade at the end of the season were Flowers and Rice. Last 4 games of the season Hyatt had 1 TD, Addison 1 TD, Rice 5 TD's, and Flowers 6 TD's. Flowers is my #1 and reminds me of Tyreek Hill. Great breakaway speed, doesn't seem to take big hits and short area quickness like nobody's business. I'd be happy as a clam with either Hyatt or Flowers in the 2nd round if either falls. The only receiver I'd be happy with in the first is Flowers though. Honestly hope we take either Bijan or Gibbs in the 1st and then best receiver on the board in 2. We definitely need some speed at wr who can make opposing teams cover the entire field. Go Bolts!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It don't matter who the Ravens get at WR. They waste them. I try to stay away from their WRs in FF as they don't produce consistently enough.

Bateman has been injured too often but they underutilize Durvaney. Lamar just isn't a good passer and looks for his TE most of the time.

I'd love to have Durvaney. He is fast and is a good return man.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by GetBolted View Post

Hyatt gone by mid second for sure...Looking at receiver stats i noticed something. My top 4 are (in order) Zay Flowers, Rashee Rice, Jalin Hyatt and Addison. The only two who did not fade at the end of the season were Flowers and Rice. Last 4 games of the season Hyatt had 1 TD, Addison 1 TD, Rice 5 TD's, and Flowers 6 TD's. Flowers is my #1 and reminds me of Tyreek Hill. Great breakaway speed, doesn't seem to take big hits and short area quickness like nobody's business. I'd be happy as a clam with either Hyatt or Flowers in the 2nd round if either falls. The only receiver I'd be happy with in the first is Flowers though. Honestly hope we take either Bijan or Gibbs in the 1st and then best receiver on the board in 2. We definitely need some speed at wr who can make opposing teams cover the entire field. Go Bolts!
                      Good to hear, I'll be looking closely at all 4.
                      Bijan and one of these wr in the 2md would be amazing, although it might drive some people here crazy haha.

Also looking at Johnston.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It don't matter who the Ravens get at WR. They waste them. I try to stay away from their WRs in FF as they don't produce consistently enough.

Bateman has been injured too often but they underutilize Durvaney. Lamar just isn't a good passer and looks for his TE most of the time.

I'd love to have Durvaney. He is fast and is a good return man.
                        If they land a modern OC and another weapon at WR to compliment Bateman, suddenly they are AFC contenders imho.
                        a contender that our run D matches up poorly with.
                        We'll see, as we host them next season.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

With the all-star bowls and combine coming up the boards will move considerably, last year I never imagined we would be able to draft jamaree salyer in the 6th round, I had him mid second to early third worst case scenario…I guess his medical turned up something in his knee and dude fell all the way to the 6th round…in the next 2 1/2 months guys that we all had going high could fall and guys very few people know about could end up in the 2nd round…

have fun with the mocks and stuff but keep an open mind and don’t get stuck on one or two guys…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X