2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockyMtnBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Given how two receivers went off the board immediately after the Chargers pick, I don’t think we would have been available even if we were able to find a way to trade down. Wished we did though with the Giants to get Murphy or Nolan Smith though.
    Yes, that was more my point. There were a lot of good players that fit positions of need in a cluster. Would have been happier trading down and grabbing another pick.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by COLDCUT View Post
      Funny watching the Los Angeles ABC news feed coming to us “live” from the L.A. Rams draft lab. They don’t even have a pick in the round and the news coverage can’t even mention the Chargers. This team belongs back in San Diego and everybody knows it!!!!
      The Chargers threw a draft party in LA and hardly anyone came

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Most every analyst giving this pick a C grade. This is another big guy good at taking in 50/50 passes, but most likely down the sidelines like MW. MW was no cross the middle route runner like KA. This is just another big receiver type. One analyst is calling it the biggest boom or bust of this years #1’s. MW coulda been boom if not injury prone. This big guy better stay healthy.
        I still remember all the A grades those experts gave TT for Lamp and Feeny, while giving B- and C grade for Mdub in the same class. Mdub is a legit upper tier starting WR, the A-grade OGs sucked ass from start to finish.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
          Again we got the best WR in the draft. I think that is freaking amazing @ #21.
          I had him rated the number two WR but also thought he would be gone 3-6 picks before we picked…this is a solid value pick at #21 and it tells me that the ugly playoff loss might’ve diminished staley’s influence in the draft room, this could be foreshadowing things to come, maybe they are already thinking of replacing staley with moore, this was a moore/herbert centric pick, anything that benefits herbert is fine by me…still tho, would’ve loved nolan smith or myles murphy myself but impossible for me to be mad about this pick…solid, safe, sensible, responsible, and very intelligent pick…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• COLDCUT
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Temecula
            • Highwayman
            • Send PM

Anybody ‘now if this kid QJ can return punts or kickoffs? Wanna bet we’re not done with the WR picks?

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by LA_BOLT View Post

Absolutely. Look at what any/all of that "success" has rewarded us with.
              Yeah I hate that we have an all pro QB. Our team sucks and we should get rid of all of them, including Herbert. Throw out his stats from years that he didn’t win a Super Bowl and he hasn’t done anything in this league.

I did the math and I took away all the gimmie touchdowns that he got in games in years that he didn’t win a Super Bowl and it looks like he has thrown 0 TDs and 35 ints. He’s an int machine and he sucks, get rid of him and get me a winner!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

we all sighed watching Bandy in the playoffs, this pick is inusrance against that happening again.

I reckon QJ will take our crossing routes to another level, like the flashes we saw from Tyrell Williams.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
                  Of course Telesco will say he was the last player they had a first round grade on…

somehow the Jags have managed to trade down…

now Kincaid to the Bills!!! This night has gone from feeling like we were sitting pretty to pretty shitty!
                  I thought johnson had a first round grade too, he was one of only two WRs I rated as worthy of a first round selection, I thought he had a shot to got to new england at #14…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Not hard to do. Mike hasn't been a great receiver. He's a great jump ball receiver. He gets very little separation. Quentin has a chance. I'm just saying he's built more like Keenan than m dubb. He's not gonna go out there and just dink on people. If anything I think he'll be a poor man's anquan bolding.
                    The anquan comparison is not without merit in the sense that johnson is easily the strongest receiver in this draft, he’s fantastic at his weight at changing direction and overpowering defenders to extend plays…that strength shows up on all the tackles he breaks…

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The GAC guys said telesco turned down a couple of trade downs to stay at 21 and take johnson so they clearly thought he should’ve gone higher in the draft and had no desire to gamble on missing out on him…
                      I hate hearing that when there is so much depth at WR this year. They could have grabbed an extra pick when everybody else seems to think they need more depth. I honestly hope QJ turns out great.

I honestly can’t wait until Spanos sells this team in a 2-3 years to pay off all his debt. Then we as fans can have a real owner that does not employ his kids to run football operations. Tolesco and John Boi are a bit weak when it comes to draft day.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, does it, really? Most of those rooms look like a large crowd of butt-licking yes-men sycophants congratulating the decision maker like Eddie fucking Haskel to me. 18th pick in the draft and they full face lick him like he just made the greatest pick in the history of sport and that singular pick transformed their organization for a generation. One after another jostling to get their handshake on tape, its like watching POTUS walk down the aisle of congress before a SOTU speech.

Color me unimpressed with the bizarrely exuberant celebrations for watching their GM do his job and make their pick. It don’t mean shit.
                        Ha-ha...Eddie Haskel..."Oh, good afternoon, Mr. Cleaver...Wally and I were just telling young Theodore here how important it is to respect our elders..."

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                          we all sighed watching Bandy in the playoffs, this pick is inusrance against that happening again.

I reckon QJ will take our crossing routes to another level, like the flashes we saw from Tyrell Williams.
                          Pretty sure QJ moves Josh Palmer down the depth chart. He'll play plenty.

Comment

Working...
                          X