2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I was thinking same thing. I was like dude looks like death...lol
    Nope - in fact he’s suing the band because after he told them he wasn’t going to tour this year, they cut his part of the tour profits from 25% to 5%. He thinks he should get 25% of the tour money for not touring, not sure why.

John 5 is touring with them this year.

as to the prior Crue post - what would Vince Neil record such shitty vocals to then lip synch to? something Mick said in his lawsuit is he was the only one in the entire band not faking it to backing tracks on the last tour
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nope - in fact he’s suing the band because after he told them he wasn’t going to tour this year, they cut his part of the tour profits from 25% to 5%. He thinks he should get 25% of the tour money for not touring, not sure why.

John 5 is touring with them this year.

as to the prior Crue post - what would Vince Neil record such shitty vocals to then lip synch to? something Mick said in his lawsuit is he was the only one in the entire band not faking it to backing tracks on the last tour
      I was saying he was lip synching because of a previous live version of Kick Start My Heart where it was absolutely horrible. He was way out of synch and wasn't even singing the correct words. It was really bad.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        His NFL comp is Easton Stick
        ROFL - thats the best fucking post of the entire draft!

I’ll join with the eternal bitches here in that i don’t like the pick. Another 10 picks and sign him as UDFA. I like every other pick as of now, especially like the top 4 rounds improving the team at key areas of weakness last year.

ok, I’m still 9 pages behind, lets go back to see what else the geniuses wrote …

Comment

• Canal Zone Bolt Fan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Indianapolis, IN
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We DID draft TWO players for D-line...Tuli can play at DT or DE, and Matlock is DT...would u have preferred the Bolts draft THREE DT's?
          I guess I was hoping for a big run stuffer. I’m tired of our D not being able to stop the run. I see your point though.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post
            Not sure I agree with two WR’s when we need more depth at interior DL.
            They drafted two DL players and a LB … how many picks did you want for DL?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I was saying he was lip synching because of a previous live version of Kick Start My Heart where it was absolutely horrible. He was way out of synch and wasn't even singing the correct words. It was really bad.
              Lol - He’s gotten awful the last 10 yrs or so. He was worse about 2 tours ago in 2019, there are endless clips of him blabbering gibberish syllables instead of words - endless memes everywhere on him

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Lol - He’s gotten awful the last 10 yrs or so. He was worse about 2 tours ago in 2019, there are endless clips of him blabbering gibberish syllables instead of words - endless memes everywhere on him

https://youtu.be/HZVjSwO_nkw
                Yeah that is what I was referring to...lol. Mick and Nikki's expressions are priceless and the comments below or pure gold. I saw them live back in 1990.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

That too violates the fundamentals of applied logic. You cannot factually assert that with certainty that his claim (good draft) is not true because YOU don’t know that it is not true, nobody knows, not yet. What you could logically say is he/you/we don’t know if his claim (good draft) is true but that would require a degree of logical eloquence that eludes the average football forum fan apparently.

Odds can offer probability of outcome, but they do not provide a guaranteed outcome. Inherent in the very definition of odds is you do not know the outcome. Doesnt matter if TT picked wrong 1000 times, that does not a priori prove 1001 is also wrong.

Damnit - we can hold logic classes on Tuesday evenings if the group is interested. i can take the lack of cogent articulation, but grotesque violations of the laws of logic annoy …
                  I think it went over your head. I'm not responding to the posters initial post I'm responding to the other poster who responded. The initial post was : Fuck trading picks, We had a good draft. As a matter of fact we don't know either way if we did or didn't. My simple question to him was how do you know. Factual speaking he never gave me an answer on how he knows we actually had a good draft. I never said we didn't have a good draft I was just asking him what he was basing his statement on.

I went back and looked at every draft TT has had in the last 11 years and if you regard each draft you can conclude TT is not a very good evaluator of Talent as a whole. His best pick so far has been Justin Herbert and even he said he was going to draft a QB with the pick and would have drafted Tua had the Dolphins picked Herbert, which tells me TT got lucky with that pick, and also he isn't honest because in his presser today he stated we don't draft positions of need, and in the case of Herbert he drafted a position of need. TT is all over the place and aloof when asked questions.

Don't discredit odds either because in some cases they are pretty spot on if applied correctly. Odds are if you turn your sink faucet on water is going to appear.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Not sure I agree with two WR’s when we need more depth at interior DL.
                    They needed two more WRs, it was a top priority IMO. Remember last season when KA/MW were out, Guyton blew out his knee, and Herbert was throwing to Bandy and other scrubs from the PS? That cost us some games, and Mike Williams absence in the playoff game probably cost us that game. They need 6 legit WRs on the roster, especially with the Kellen Moore offense. He's going to have Herbert slinging it all over the field. And, remember, one of those WRs they drafted, his primary role will be as a kick returner.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

They needed two more WRs, it was a top priority IMO. Remember last season when KA/MW were out, Guyton blew out his knee, and Herbert was throwing to Bandy and other scrubs from the PS? That cost us some games, and Mike Williams absence in the playoff game probably cost us that game. They need 6 legit WRs on the roster, especially with the Kellen Moore offense. He's going to have Herbert slinging it all over the field. And, remember, one of those WRs they drafted, his primary role will be as a kick returner.
                      Yep spot on. We needed two WR's regardless and we needed a returner. Funny thing is, IF Ekeler didn't have such a big head he would probably be great returning kicks but I think he believes he is this great hall of fame RB that doesn't want to risk his next money contract and it would be beneath him to return kicks. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

I guess I was hoping for a big run stuffer. I’m tired of our D not being able to stop the run. I see your point though.
                        Jerrod Clark is your big run stuffer, the only UDFA with a draftable grade and likely the only one making the team.
                        Some good undrafted RBs better than Kelly and Telesco failed to get one, even if they plan on bringing in Elliott or Hunt.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep spot on. We needed two WR's regardless and we needed a returner. Funny thing is, IF Ekeler didn't have such a big head he would probably be great returning kicks but I think he believes he is this great hall of fame RB that doesn't want to risk his next money contract and it would be beneath him to return kicks. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
                          You know, I think Ekeler is such a big part of the offense they probably don't want him returning kicks. He probably plays more snaps than any other skill position player. And having him return kicks exposes him to more injury too. He did return kicks earlier in his career though.

Comment

Working...
                          X