• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Lets address this one paragraph at a time. It's not about which position is more valuable. It's about who the better talent is. And yes both MH2 and Nabors are
    better weapons than Alt.
    Alt is a fine player, but he may not even be the best OT out of this class. It's debatable. So yes I see it differently.

We don't know if a good or great RT will be available in round 2. We know there are at least 3 good to great receivers in the top 10. Ditto OTs.

The highest paid RT in the league right now is Jawaan Taylor taken in round 2. Brian O'Neill also paid nicely round 2. Braden Smith Rd. 2. So they are there.
    Don't necessarily need to draft in round 1. Now there are quite a few Rd. 1 RT that are or have been great, no question. But also plenty of WRs taken in Rd1.

TEs are more difficult to judge. They are not necessarily used in the same way in college. The requirements for a TE in the NFL is that one should be able to
    block and act as a receiver. Difficult to find high productive guys that can excel in both areas straight out of college. Plus it is not deemed a prime position
    like an OT or receiver for that matter. So scouts will be more focused on the prime areas and team needs. Those are QBs, Edge, CBs, WRs, OTs.

Whoever we take @5 or trade down is fine with me. We are just spectators making idle talk. After the draft we can argue about what we should or should
    not have done. That's just the forum way.
    People are going to be shocked when 4 receivers are taken inside the top #11 picks. The top 4 receivers are solid with even more late 1st round solid receiver talent dropping into the second round.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Nobody got fleeced like the Saints did when they moved up to get Ricky Williams. Just saying...
      How about how the Vikes fleeced themselves in the Herschel Walker trade:

image.png
      (And the Bolts ended up being a small part of it -- with the Darrin Nelson deal)

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Nobody got fleeced like the Saints did when they moved up to get Ricky Williams. Just saying...
        Ah, but Washington didn't get three first-round picks out of that deal, so that's not considered fleecing, if you ask a few of the experts on this forum. LOL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Ditka the genius

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
            (And the Bolts ended up being a small part of it -- with the Darrin Nelson deal)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade
            Oh yea that is another good one..lol
            1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
            2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

What??? It was a fun observation, and I lumped myself in...whats this inferiors shit?

I dont panic...where do you get that out of my post?

Someones triggered...
              no fun observations allowed when the board is in full overdrive mode.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

image.png

Small market team had a huge hand in making the storied big market team a champion again. Hmmmmm, reminds me of a trade that allowed the small market soon on their way out of New Orleans Jazz to give the pick that would be Magic Johnson to the Lakers for a bag of beans.

Comment

• Icebolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If one of MH2 or Nabors are there @5 that's who I'm taking. Both these guys are game changers that have to be accounted for.
                  If you want a good running game then getting one of these guys will go a long ways toward that goal As it turns out any run game
                  can be stopped by stacking the box. You cannot stack the box when you have MH2 or Nabors on one side and Allen on the other.

No doubt somebody would overpay for MH2. But that's a generational guy. Doesn't happen often like a QB, which seems to be a thing
                  nowadays.
                  WR don't make you a complete team unless he's the only missing piece. How many examples can we give you that this is a splashy move doesn't work great, Media will grade it super high, and still not make this team like JH wants.
                  Look at Detroit Lions history.
                  TRADE down is the best option. 4 QB's and 3 WR's and maybe a TE go in first 11 picks. That leaves a lot of great options out there.
                  You want OL, you can still get a good one. We desperately need Defense ( not flashly like BB or WR ). There has been little talk here about a Edge or CB being drafted here. 9-12 would be a great place to start.
                  WE NEED PICKS!. That a PERIOD at the end of the sentence

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

At the very least Joe Hortiz will have to cut Williams to get cap compliant. We know that. But seeking a trade even for a 7th Rd pick is smart. Listening to offers for Mack and Allen make complete sense. You at least want to know what your saying No deal to, in case it's enough to switch to yes I will take that deal. As far as Bosa, I think they will move him, but are they thinking they will trade him later to save more money in 2024 and then get picks in 2025. They have a lot of options and possibilities. However if they want to have some money to spend in first Rd of free agency, then they need to make another move or two in regard to Allen, Bosa, Mack in the next 72 hours as well as cutting Williams.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You're right, teams tend to get fleeced more when trading up for QB's.
                      So in that regard, we can hope for a coveted QB to fall to #5... then overcharge somebody.

But, as you admit, people trade up for other positions too.
                      Whether we fleece someone or not, the best way to re-build a team is through trade-back.
                      This year, a non-fleecing trade-back still allows for a "cornerstone" player @#10-13.
                      Plus you get an extra (maybe 2) essential players to accelerate your re-build.
                      It's a no-brainer if you can get an extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th (or combo of each) for trading back 5 to 8 spaces.

I see very little difference (talent-wise) between the #5 and #13 pick in the draft this year.
                      I see tons of talent in the 2nd-5th rounds this year... depending on position (some positions historically being deeper than others)
                      I'm not against a trade back unless MH2 or Nabors is there. Outside of the QB position these are the best 2 guys coming out of the draft.
                      There is a big difference between MH2 who possibly could fall to us and #13, who ever that is. So I don't necessarily agree with you.
                      Nonetheless we have so many needs that trading down is a very real possibility.

Let's see if we can land some draft capital by trading Williams, Bosa or Mack. Good players up and down the draft board and we can
                      use a few.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

image.png

Dude that was 33 years ago when RBs were considered a very important position. Fast forward to 2023. The in thing is big athletic QBs that can hurt
                        you with the run or pass.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I read a lot of “this guy has a BAL connection, that guy is a BAL player, da other guy was released by BAL”. The presumption is always that if he’s from BAL, he’s a fit for Hortiz. Way too little notice of players released by OTHER teams

Hey Everyone!!! Do you guys realize that BAL signed players from OTHER teams every year, right?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X