• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I don't know what the Chargers will do. As already mentioned it takes 2 to tangle. My opinion is that a trade back is certainly
    possible. But pending FA I would stick with MH2 or Nabors @ 5 if there. Of course that doesn't mean shit. Some reports indicate
    that the Chargers will blow it up and get rid of all 4 of the big cap hits. If so then trading back would be the best option as we would
    have created even more holes than we currently have.
    What holes? You just fill them with lesser talent! LOL! This is the year to replenish receiver ranks so I don't see a problem there. I would keep Mack for at least one more season but that's just me...
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You pull out your cherry pick stat that he had no sacks vs LV And I went to game film to describe how 1 of 3 sacks in that exact game you cherry picked result in opponent scoop score for TD was a Pipkins disaster snap.
      At least my cherry was picked from game film and not a stat sheet.

p.s. every play means something and one play in a NFL game could mean a lot. Especially a turnover scoop score.
      lol. I didn't cherry pick LV - you specifically called out Crosby so I went and looked at their last game played. Crosby had 2 sacks the first time they played last year in Oct but neither was charged to Pipkins in that game either. And guess what, Crosby beats a lot of RTs and RGs over the course of a year, he's pro bowl caliber. RTs aren't playing against blocking sleds, the other side is getting paid too.

you called out a play that Slater got beat for a sack, and you blamed Pipkins for it. thats hilarious. Pipkins had sacks last year he really was responsible for (of course, not that play and not that game). But "Crosby killed him", please - take that lazy bullshit somewhere where it won't be checked.

I'm not a rabid Pipster. IF they replace him, thas fine. I see higher priorities both on the OL and the rest of the roster vs RT but I trust in JH. OT is a top 4 high value position so its automatically a possible pick if you're picking at #5. I'm just honestly reading the data that is available. some folks reject data that doesnt match their opinions.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What holes? You just fill them with lesser talent! LOL! This is the year to replenish receiver ranks so I don't see a problem there. I would keep Mack for at least one more season but that's just me...
        What holes. Well lets see.
        Center, RB, TE, LB, CB, IDL
        Could also include: Edge, WR

We didn't get Harbaugh to replace them with lesser talent.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

What holes. Well lets see.
          Center, RB, TE, LB, CB, IDL
          Could also include: Edge, WR

We didn't get Harbaugh to replace them with lesser talent.
          At least every year you always have holes to fill. Your missing my point...lesser talent...but in this case we have injured expensive older talent that has to be repaired. How many teams made it to the playoffs last year with younger less expensive talent vs. teams with older expensive talent. Quite a few...I'm just saying we'll have to make do for this season depending on how negotiations go...

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

At least every year you always have holes to fill. Your missing my point...lesser talent...but in this case we have injured expensive older talent that has to be repaired. How many teams made it to the playoffs last year with younger less expensive talent vs. teams with older expensive talent. Quite a few...I'm just saying we'll have to make do for this season depending on how negotiations go...
            If they made the POs they were not lesser talent. Cheaper yes, but not lesser. The Chiefs for example had a great secondary, one big name the
            rest were cheap, but not lesser talent.

A look at our roster reveals that most backups of which you speak of are NOT talented enough to be starters, with some exceptions. There are
            a couple of young guys that may develop or not.

We will rely on FA, after the frenzy ends and we get under the cap. These will be less expensive mid to lower talented guys. There very well
            could be an exception or two assuming we release or trade Bosa, Williams, Mack and Allen. With all four gone we would have room for some
            better FA signings. After the smoke clears we will be relying on the draft and UDFA and bottom of barrel guys before the start of the season.

In Harbaugh we trust.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

If they made the POs they were not lesser talent. Cheaper yes, but not lesser. The Chiefs for example had a great secondary, one big name the
              rest were cheap, but not lesser talent.

A look at our roster reveals that most backups of which you speak of are NOT talented enough to be starters, with some exceptions. There are
              a couple of young guys that may develop or not.

We will rely on FA, after the frenzy ends and we get under the cap. These will be less expensive mid to lower talented guys. There very well
              could be an exception or two assuming we release or trade Bosa, Williams, Mack and Allen. With all four gone we would have room for some
              better FA signings. After the smoke clears we will be relying on the draft and UDFA and bottom of barrel guys before the start of the season.

In Harbaugh we trust.
              Coaching Staff is the biggest improvement in the off season. Lesser (but still good) can achieve and get us over the hump!

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

lol. I didn't cherry pick LV - you specifically called out Crosby so I went and looked at their last game played. Crosby had 2 sacks the first time they played last year in Oct but neither was charged to Pipkins in that game either. And guess what, Crosby beats a lot of RTs and RGs over the course of a year, he's pro bowl caliber. RTs aren't playing against blocking sleds, the other side is getting paid too.

you called out a play that Slater got beat for a sack, and you blamed Pipkins for it. thats hilarious. Pipkins had sacks last year he really was responsible for (of course, not that play and not that game). But "Crosby killed him", please - take that lazy bullshit somewhere where it won't be checked.

I'm not a rabid Pipster. IF they replace him, thas fine. I see higher priorities both on the OL and the rest of the roster vs RT but I trust in JH. OT is a top 4 high value position so its automatically a possible pick if you're picking at #5. I'm just honestly reading the data that is available. some folks reject data that doesnt match their opinions.
                Dude. Stop it. I didnt call out Crosby. Some other person posted it. You responded to them. And I posted how awful Pip was in your cherry picked game.
                I know you want to feel correct and right about your opinions but get your facts straight first ...
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Signing Edwards and Dissly opens up a 3rd and a 5th for other prospect/positions in the draft. Let's fill those big holes one by one and move on to a winning season.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Verse-AD Mitchell ?
                    Or Nabors-Elliss ?

Choose your weapons
                    and square off hombre.

Fuck Me Greg Miller GIF by Kinda Funny
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

IMO, losing Bosa and Mack pretty much says we are drafting Dallas Turner at #5. We can't go into the season with one just pass rusher, who is a solid but not a premium pass rusher by the way. And premium pass rushers are hard guys to find, much harder than ORT or WR.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Dude. Stop it. I didnt call out Crosby. Some other person posted it. You responded to them. And I posted how awful Pip was in your cherry picked game.
                          I know you want to feel correct and right about your opinions but get your facts straight first ...
                          Dude. you stop it. you blamed Pipkins for Slater giving up a sack and you're nitpicking me about facts?

I didn't cherry pick Crosby and I simply went to their last game, i didn't cherry pick that game either. Pipkins didn't give up a sack to LVR in either 2023 game so any association with Maxx Crosby's brutal rushing against LAC was about someone other than Pipkins.

I do apologize that I didn't notice you were jumping in with the other harpies around here that insist factual data is not to be believed. Maybe you guys want to talk about a different Edge rusher / Team that actually did get a sack against Pipkins?

cherry pickin' ... ha!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X