Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah, Hamstrings with just a tweak can never heal by the end of July
    Mims didn't do anything either for the same reason. Should we not draft him either? ​​​

You guys take these workouts too seriously. What does he need to do at his pro day that would satisfy you more than his tape?
    Who says I like his tape? This guy will be playing against a much more robust NFL defenses. Most of the guys taken high in the draft never meet their expectations and the rest drafted in the second or third round exceed their expectations or they get sent packing soon.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Who says I like his tape? This guy will be playing against a much more robust NFL defenses. Most of the guys taken high in the draft never meet their expectations and the rest drafted in the second or third round exceed their expectations or they get sent packing soon.
      Ok....just know that can be said about Nabers too. Many first round WRs have been busts while.many in those same rounds you mention have been studs.

But I certainly wouldn't not draft one or think they will fall to the second round because they didn't workout at their pro day or the combine.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Have you guys watched Fuaga?
        He throttles people. He literally lifts DTs off their feet and rag dolls them. He’s a fucking monster. Some of his highlights are comical.
        Can he play NT too?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Have you guys watched Fuaga?
          He throttles people. He literally lifts DTs off their feet and rag dolls them. He’s a fucking monster. Some of his highlights are comical.
          Fuaga...6-6, 324#...that's a whole lot of beef...

image.png

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fuaga...6-6, 324#...that's a whole lot of beef...

image.png
            don't forget the explosion numbers 'Cat.... 89/90 percentile,
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

The way this is going Brock might drop out of the first round altogether. Pick him up with our second rounder?
              He's probably dropped out of the top 10

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

now you guys got me to take another look @DraftBuzz for their Oline metrics, and.... Tanor Bortolini and Tylan Grable are worth a look see.... could be real good value.

Grable is a day three guy, maybe our sixth rounder ?? Bortolini would prolly cost us a fourth ??

Mason McCormick is another guy w/some (more than) decent metrics.... maybe our fifth rounder ?? Beaux Limmer is another fifth round possibility w/decent explosion/shuttle numbers.

Christian Mahogany ??

lookin' @the big three.... Alt has good numbers save for his vert, which might explain why he gets the finesse label sometimes, and.... neither Fuaga nor Fashanu did the shuttle which coudl be a cautionary tale/cause for concern ?? Fashanu's ten yard split was also not too much above avg.... ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

The way this is going Brock might drop out of the first round altogether. Pick him up with our second rounder?
                  don't think he makes it past Cincy.... ??

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

don't forget the explosion numbers 'Cat.... 89/90 percentile,
                    If we are looking to move back for an OL this is my guy. Monster.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah, Hamstrings with just a tweak can never heal by the end of July
                      Mims didn't do anything either for the same reason. Should we not draft him either? ​​​

You guys take these workouts too seriously. What does he need to do at his pro day that would satisfy you more than his tape?
                      He has a private workout in April. I think he will show well. Relatively healthy during his 3 years. Tightrope surgery. But only missed a couple games. Guys dog players because they are biased towards other players. Its common. There isnt a TE in this league that can do what Brock does with the ball in his hands. There is a reason why Georgie tried to get him the ball behind the fucking line of scrimmage. Not common for typical TEs. He might even be able to play FB so we dont have to draft one. You know...when hes not lined up inline...slot or perimeter. He can go in the backfield. He is much more than just a flex TE. I hope he runs...i expect 4.5's

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

He has a private workout in April. I think he will show well. Relatively healthy during his 3 years. Tightrope surgery. But only missed a couple games. Guys dog players because they are biased towards other players. Its common. There isnt a TE in this league that can do what Brock does with the ball in his hands. There is a reason why Georgie tried to get him the ball behind the fucking line of scrimmage. Not common for typical TEs. He might even be able to play FB so we dont have to draft one. You know...when hes not lined up inline...slot or perimeter. He can go in the backfield. He is much more than just a flex TE. I hope he runs...i expect 4.5's
                        Don’t blanket assume. I like him a lot. But I don’t feel great about drafting a guy at #5 that skips combine workouts and then skips his pro day. A private workout is fine, I’m not a big pig in a poke type buyer, nothing more. If other high impacts are there and I’m trying to decide which one gets my coveted #5 pick, this ways into my thinking. But I’d go learn more about him, his health specifics, with medical exams, compile the full dossier. I know whats on his tape too.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Don’t blanket assume. I like him a lot. But I don’t feel great about drafting a guy at #5 that skips combine workouts and then skips his pro day. A private workout is fine, I’m not a big pig in a poke type buyer, nothing more. If other high impacts are there and I’m trying to decide which one gets my coveted #5 pick, this ways into my thinking. But I’d go learn more about him, his health specifics, with medical exams, compile the full dossier. I know whats on his tape too.
                          I just want a workout. If he has a hammy im fine with it. But if he doesn't do this workout he may fall. I dont think teams are gonna shy away. Because all he did was get better each year in college. And teams that want him? Have wanted him for 3 years most likely. There are probably GMs who have loved him since he was a Freshman.

Comment

Working...
                          X