• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes, agree....circumstantial. I don't believe that video till I hear a name called on April 25th
    it's just too soon In the process. Shit will happen on draft day.
    He may make one of those in every visit lol.
    I don't believe that, three weeks before the draft, Joe Hortiz and Jim Harbaugh have told Malik Nabers he will be our first-round pick. If they did, they would probably be very angry with him for posting that video. Lol.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Not many OTs in the league can handle a Crosby one on one, sure. But if I’m taking OT at 5 I sure as shit don’t want to read he can’t handle top edge rushers as a weakness, I can get that in round 5 (or just keep Pip).

IMO there are OL who better fit the Harbaugh mold in this draft, but who really knows what they’re thinking (board mantra at this point lol).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I don't believe that, three weeks before the draft, Joe Hortiz and Jim Harbaugh have told Malik Nabers he will be our first-round pick. If they did, they would probably be very angry with him for posting that video. Lol.
        The message of the video is that Malik dreams of being a Charger, catching passes from Herbert.

Since we are making shallow comments instead of doing our homework as draftniks, I say that home Nabers was looking at in the video will be in escrow with a different buyer before April 25th.

And 1988 Charger draft pick @ #15, Anthony Miller, ran a 4.38, and is the comp for Malik Nabers.

And Malik Nabers went to the same college as Buster Davis.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

[QUOTE=wu-dai clan;n1679053]

The message of the video is that Malik dreams of being a Charger, catching passes from Herbert.

Since we are making shallow comments instead of doing our homework as draftniks, I say that home Nabers was looking at in the video will be in escrow with a different buyer before April 25th.

And 1988 Charger draft pick @ #15, Anthony Miller, ran a 4.38, and is the comp for Malik Nabers.

And Malik Nabers went to the same college as Buster Davis.[/QUOTE]

And Demetrius Byrd...and...Jacob Hester...and Brandon Taylor!

Should we start saying drafting Malik Nabers fifth overall would be an A.J. Smith reach?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah, I wonder that maybe you’re right. My big question 2 is whether a very good (not elite) OT is worth more than an elite WR or TE. Maybe they are - it’s that important a position. If they take Alt, I won’t mind at all, I am guessing he could switch to RT better than some LTs just by watching how many times he pulled all the way across the line to then turn up and attack the defense from the right side. Maybe Ben and Dev and Co would solidify his pass pro anchor, his one notable weakness on tape?

People get offended I ask. Seems a pretty normal question to me, just working thru the squirrels in my brain. idunno I guess I don’t know my place sometimes.
            It's April.
            Play time is over.
            Some feathers will get ruffled.

You say you want to learn.
            You can, of your own free will,
            read the detailed public access scouting reports
            of the experts I generously listed.

I challenge you and everyone
            to become smarter
            this dude is not stopping you.

That is actionable,
            and much more useful
            than chastising me for failing to
            author personal scouting reports.

There is already enough parroting
            that goes on at TPB.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I like Alt, but the only thing that worries me about him, as I mentioned previously, is this:

image.png

U hate to invest a top 5 pick in a player that sometimes has problems mirroring quick edge rushers like Maxx. Hope the Bolts do their due diligence to pick the best OT (if they DO pick OT) with footwork quickness AND run blocking...

Here it is, again:

image.png

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...t-OL-NotreDame
              Actually, in that pic, Alt did his job...any speed guy can take an arc around an OT that deep...if the guards do their job, the QB steps up into a clean pocket and delivers. All olineman will eventually get beat on any play...what matters is when and where, in relation to the QB and the pocket, the seperation from block occurs. For example, on a three step drop where the primary routes are short to intermediate, Alt would give up an outside rush, just push him around the horn...his primary concern would be to cut off inside moves, or anchor against a bullrush. Protections change, and blocking strategies from play to play...good olineman block smarter, not harder...

Alts not even my guy...but I calls em' like I sees em', lol...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Some people may wanna debate the value of WR vs OT at the top of this draft.

Im not looking at just the top. Im looking at the whole thing...

Sum of the parts...

OT in the first, day 2 WR>WR 1st, day 2 tackle

There are day 2 receivers that can impact...crazy good class...they can start right away, or at the least see alot of snaps...guys like Suamataia or Morgan may not even beat out Pip/Salyer....

Not seeing a day 2 tackle that significantly upgrades the rightside...if at all.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

What about the idea of going Brock Bowers/Malachi Corley 1/2 ?

Get the ball out quickly to the YAC Monsters ?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    What about the idea of going Brock Bowers/Malachi Corley 1/2 ?

Get the ball out quickly to the YAC Monsters ?
                    Would absolutely love that, if Harbaugh thinks they can get what they need from Salyer or Pip.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually, in that pic, Alt did his job...any speed guy can take an arc around an OT that deep...if the guards do their job, the QB steps up into a clean pocket and delivers. All olineman will eventually get beat on any play...what matters is when and where, in relation to the QB and the pocket, the seperation from block occurs. For example, on a three step drop where the primary routes are short to intermediate, Alt would give up an outside rush, just push him around the horn...his primary concern would be to cut off inside moves, or anchor against a bullrush. Protections change, and blocking strategies from play to play...good olineman block smarter, not harder...

Alts not even my guy...but I calls em' like I sees em', lol...
                      And I did point out that on this play, Alt steered the edge rusher enough away from the QB to allow the throw...but...my concern is that in the pros, Alt will see the pocket getting pushed more so that the QB on a lot of plays won't be able to step into the pocket and will need to stay high...and that could be a problem for edge rushers quick enough to beat Alt outside...Example: If Alt is at RT matched up against Maxx and Crosby takes the outside speed move, they now have Christian Wilkins to push the pocket...if Herbie feels that inside pressure, he may have to scramble one way or another...and one of those ways is into the arms of Maxx...hope I'm wrong on this, but just want to make sure we get it right if we pick Alt @#5...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Some people may wanna debate the value of WR vs OT at the top of this draft.

Im not looking at just the top. Im looking at the whole thing...

Sum of the parts...

OT in the first, day 2 WR>WR 1st, day 2 tackle

There are day 2 receivers that can impact...crazy good class...they can start right away, or at the least see alot of snaps...guys like Suamataia or Morgan may not even beat out Pip/Salyer....

Not seeing a day 2 tackle that significantly upgrades the rightside...if at all.
                        Maybe can convince the Titans to trade up for Alt at 5 and Chargers still get WR at 7

As for nabers - maybe he jsut wants an off-season home in LA

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=DerwinBosa;n1679068]
                          Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

And Malik Nabers went to the same college as Buster Davis.[/QUOTE]

And Demetrius Byrd...and...Jacob Hester...and Brandon Taylor!

Should we start saying drafting Malik Nabers fifth overall would be an A.J. Smith reach?
                          Anthony Miller, come on man. Recent history folks. Comp is Ja Marr with a little JJ mixed in.

Comment

Working...
                          X