First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Even if you believe that Alt is top 5 caliber, which I don’t, to me he doesn’t project well to the right side so there are better true RT prospects later in the first…
    Also, there is no guarantee either Slater or Alt (or their agents) would even agree to switch to RT. Drafting a second LT or a RT in the top 15 just seems redundant with so many other needs.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

It seems to me that your takes hit fairly close to center of the dart board. That is pretty accurate, considering these ain't static darts you are tossing at a static board but individual prospects in fluid scenarios. What look like a generational sure thing could bust, or be plagued with injury bug, and what looks like mid to late Rd JAG with upside could become a quality starter and core player.

DIdnt you like Scruggs last year and the football world had him as a JAG of mid to late Rd. And then he goes bottom of Rd2 to Texans. Who knows how his career ends up, but apparently the Texans viewed him like you did. And made the pick.
      Thanks critty.

You have the courage to post savvy takes that you know won't be popular, and that is invaluable.

Scruggs is looking very good so far.
      I just want to get it all right.
      Every pick.

My recent takes are in the context of some takes regarding Alt being inaccurate group think.

He is higher on some boards then posters are representing.

My thing is looking everywhere, at a lot of prospects, and always with the big picture in mind..

Authoring long, detailed scouting reports has never been my thing.

I trust my scouts eye.
      Last year Carl Brooks looked very good to me, but no one was touting him.
      Hreen Bay says thank you.
      Dammit I will find us this years active DT, a value pick in the midrounds.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I wonder if we’ll see anything like this from Hortiz and Harbaugh after the draft.

I thought of this video and would be interesting to see Hortiz working the phones like this

Ossenfort might have been his first year on the job but he was ready for the moment. It is obvious they had an idea what the pick would cost

The Texans moved up from 12 to 3 (2200 points) and it cost them 12 (1200), 33 ( 580), a 3rd rounder (approx 200) and a future FRP

So to move from 11 to 5 - MN for sure should pay 11 and 23 plus another pick either say a 4th in 2024 or a 3rd in 2025

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Thanks critty.

You have the courage to post savvy takes that you know won't be popular, and that is invaluable.

Scruggs is looking very good so far.
          I just want to get it all right.
          Every pick.

My recent takes are in the context of some takes regarding Alt being inaccurate group think.

He is higher on some boards then posters are representing.

My thing is looking everywhere, at a lot of prospects, and always with the big picture in mind..

Authoring long, detailed scouting reports has never been my thing.

I trust my scouts eye.
          Last year Carl Brooks looked very good to me, but no one was touting him.
          Hreen Bay says thank you.
          Dammit I will find us this years active DT, a value pick in the midrounds.
          Alt has only played LT and he’s only done that in college. He played QB and TE in high school.
          Folks say he looked very ordinary at RT at the combine.
          I don’t think he’s the target. I think he could do it but I just don’t think they are moving Slater to get it all to work when there are around 5 OTs who could easily be really good at RT in the draft.

Kingsley Suamataia Could come in and immediately be a monster at RT and he might even make it to pick 37.

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I thought of this video and would be interesting to see Hortiz working the phones like this

Ossenfort might have been his first year on the job but he was ready for the moment. It is obvious they had an idea what the pick would cost

The Texans moved up from 12 to 3 (2200 points) and it cost them 12 (1200), 33 ( 580), a 3rd rounder (approx 200) and a future FRP

So to move from 11 to 5 - MN for sure should pay 11 and 23 plus another pick either say a 4th in 2024 or a 3rd in 2025
            I think all 3 teams already have a deal in place.
            Everyone gets what they want. MIN gets their QB.
            AZ gets 5-23-108. LAC get 11-27-90

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Alt has only played LT and he’s only done that in college. He played QB and TE in high school.
              Folks say he looked very ordinary at RT at the combine.
              I don’t think he’s the target. I think he could do it but I just don’t think they are moving Slater to get it all to work when there are around 5 OTs who could easily be really good at RT in the draft.

Kingsley Suamataia Could come in and immediately be a monster at RT and he might even make it to pick 37.
              Yes there is a lot of opinion on the OTs.
              I am still frantically looking at midrounders friend.
              At the Combine, looking ordinary at ORT is not a concern IMV.
              Fuaga and especially Fautanu looked a lot better.
              Duke said Alt would ostensibly adapt and be fine at ORT.
              Then all my doubts evaporated.
              I am not sure people realize the amount of controlled power this man is capable of generating.
              My guess is that appearances are deceiving.
              You will be marked down for no go on Alt.
              Cool.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Yes there is a lot of opinion on the OTs.
                I am still frantically looking at midrounders friend.
                At the Combine, looking ordinary at ORT is not a concern IMV.
                Fuaga and especially Fautanu looked a lot better.
                Duke said Alt would ostensibly adapt and be fine at ORT.
                Then all my doubts evaporated.
                I am not sure people realize the amount of controlled power this man is capable of generating.
                My guess is that appearances are deceiving.
                You will be marked down for no go on Alt.
                Cool.
                I’m going off of what evaluators said. He looked ordinary. Nothing special at RT. It makes sense. He’s never played there and they made him do it.
                I don’t think it’s as easy a move as some are saying though.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I think all 3 teams already have a deal in place.
                  Everyone gets what they want. MIN gets their QB.
                  AZ gets 5-23-108. LAC get 11-27-90
                  So in essence, MN is giving up 11, 23 and 108 to move to 4

Cardinals get a really good deal here

Chargers are too!

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So in essence, MN is giving up 11, 23 and 108 to move to 4

Cardinals get a really good deal here

Chargers are too!
                    No. MIN would be giving up a 2025 1st too.
                    I was just putting down what this year would look like.
                    QB tax is real.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Yet another disingenuous post from you.

You and I are done here.
                      lol, you can question my football judgement, I come here because many here know a lot more than I do. I love to learn when I am wrong and why, I crave knowledge. but you instead question my honesty and integrity rather than answer a fair question. I'll leave reasons and motives for the community to decide on their own.

yeah, we're done indeed.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Also, there is no guarantee either Slater or Alt (or their agents) would even agree to switch to RT. Drafting a second LT or a RT in the top 15 just seems redundant with so many other needs.
                        Ya I've shared this concern before and admittedly I don't know how these issues get worked out but if I'm Alt's agent I tell NFL teams that Joe has earned the privilege of pursuing a career as a legitimate LEFT tackle that generally is values more despite recent changes that have both sides more or less on par with each other.
                        the point is that he's not a fringe day 3 guy hoping to get drafted, he's the consensus highest ranked LEFT tackle prospect and expects to play there wherever he goes.
                        if the team that drafts him can't respect that, we're off to a bad start, no good faith.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

If I understand correctly what you've been saying, it is that Alt is just not that good. That is a bad football take my friend. We will find out, whoever drafts Alt, whether or not he is that good, or if he is disappointing, like the comp, Eric Fisher, picked #1 overall.

BTW it is disturbing that you would actually call me lazy, when I have years and years of knowledgeable takes. You on the other hand calculate trade value chart points, post it, and then give yourself a high five.

And so I respond to your misplaced personal attack upon me. You want to draft someone other than Alt. You see the pervasive, shallow, inaccurate anti-Alt commentary @ TPB and you shoot the pro Alt messenger. Pretty much sums it up.

your takes are lately often shorthand abbreviations - usually followed by a cryptic pseudo-prophecy which I often find delightfully amusing. You used to explain some things, but lately not as much. I usually like your posts, I often learn from them. But sometimes you claim fact and offer no actual knowledge or explanation. You might feel you deserve unquestioned agreement, I'm more of a gotta know a little more than that you're famous around here. maybe you just have more in your head than you type in threads and should share it more.

Lazy and having years of knowledge are not mutually exclusive attributes. One can be lazy and know quite a lot. But I apologize for calling you lazy, I don't know that is true. All I know is some of your pronouncements lately lack supporting analyses. No reason I should have guessed why that is. This one, in particular, you seem adamant to not amplify on.

you don't understand me correctly, glad you asked. I have never said he is "not that good". I have consistently said he is very good and he is obviously >>> Pipkins. I also have said I'd be fine if they draft him, as he is very good. I'm not the TPB Never-Alt guy on this forum, you're confusing me with someone else.

I have said a few things which you likely don't agree with. I have said
                          1. I don't see that he is elite, I asked you specifically for expert assistance on this point.
                          2. OT is not the only way to improve the team
                          3. Is it better to draft a very good OT or a truly elite WR or TE (specific to this draft). This is premised on if #1 is true and as one of the most ardent Alt-advocates, I sought your expert input. alas you refuse.

What is the problem with asking what your actual analysis is on if he is elite? why is that a problem? I know about the experts, I see all of their ratings and rankings too, I don't need you to point me to an expert.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X