• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The kid can play. He has upside but you can see some of the eratic play. But that is most QBs. The few at the top of the NFL play consistently and seemingly are a step ahead as the play unfolds. as much as I hate him because he is the KC QB, Mahomes is often a step ahead of the whole play. It's why he is so good. There was a play where he ejected from the pocket and then could have scored the TD, but he knew the time and the scenario and he slide down and as he stood up he was like game over with his gesture. I want Herbert to get to the point he is a step ahead, but it doesn't help him get there when he keeps having new OC and play caller while Patrick gets the same play caller Andy Reid, and by the way one of the best set up the next play, play callers his entire career. I want to see Herbert with Roman as OC for the next 5 seasons. I strongly suspect he will begin to control the game the way Patrick does. Justin had a few moments last season as he started to get comfortable with more when he looked like the game slowed down and he was in control of it all. And when the scenario presented itself he hit the eject button and moved the chains....like you can't stop me. My eye test scream at me there it is. That what it looks like.

Back to Penix, when you look at all 32 starters, especially the bottom dozen starting QBs. If I'm one of those bottom 12 team, he is a better QB talent than I have right now, so why not take him in Rd1.
    He had 4 straight years with season ending injuries in college. Will he be able to take the even worse pounding he'll get in the NFL?

Comment

• Duck of Death
      Social Piranha
      • May 2022
      • Flyover, USA
      • Send PM

Sure, prospect visits aren’t a reliable indicator of intent, but still interesting to see nonetheless.

Prospect visit tracker from WalterFootball (caveat: no idea on accuracy):

Worth noting:

- The absence of Michigan prospect visits makes obvious sense since Harbaugh already knows them all. But it is interesting that they did officially meet with just one UM prospect - Blake Corum. Begs the question: why bother?

- No meetings scheduled yet with any of the top CBs.

- Met with the two top TEs (Bowers & Sanders)

- Of the top 5 WRs, only Nabers thus far (Brenden Rice & Ainias Williams are on meet list)

- Missing from the list are Deantre Prince & Taliese Fuaga, who have both confirmed to have met with the Chargers. So, possibly more missing from the list.

- Bo Nix?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
        Sure, prospect visits aren’t a reliable indicator of intent, but still interesting to see nonetheless.

Worth noting:

- The absence of Michigan prospect visits makes obvious sense since Harbaugh already knows them all. But it is interesting that they did officially meet with just one UM prospect - Blake Corum. Begs the question: why bother?

- No meetings scheduled yet with any of the top CBs.

- Met with the two top TEs (Bowers & Sanders)

- Of the top 5 WRs, only Nabers thus far (Brenden Rice & Ainias Williams are on meet list)

- Missing from the list are Deantre Prince & Taliese Fuaga, who have both confirmed to have met with the Chargers. So, possibly more missing from the list.

- Bo Nix?
        Over the years, I've found Walter Football quite credible.

As far as visits? I'm guessing that the team won't visit any player where their mind is already made up. Why signal your interest in a player, when you've already decided? Is this an area where subterfuge- wasting everybody's time on a meaningless, not actually serious visit-- can be expected?!? I hope not, but I guess you never know.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

As far as visits? I'm guessing that the team won't visit any player where their mind is already made up. Why signal your interest in a player, when you've already decided? Is this an area where subterfuge- wasting everybody's time on a meaningless, not actually serious visit-- can be expected?!? I hope not, but I guess you never know.
          Charlie Campbell haa historically been very accurate on his predictions.
          A lot of these visits do make perfect sense.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Charlie Campbell haa historically been very accurate on his predictions.
            A lot of these visits do make perfect sense.
            With Gus Edwards on board, Hortiz isn't forced to go after a RB if it's not a good value pick at the slot in question. But I have to think a RB *will* be taken, any of 6 or 7 candidates, including Trey Benson, Braelon Allen, and Audric Estime, from as early as Round 3, on. Those are the guys I'd think some uncertainty might still remain in the eyes of the Bolts' evaluators. .

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Daniel Jeremiah's newest Top 50.

Interesting to see how some players are moving around. Odunze at 3, Nabers at 4, Bowers at 7, Alt at 8, T. Arnold at 9, and Fuaga at 10.

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50: 2024 NFL Draft prospect rankings 4.0
              He dropped my guy Kamari Lassiter out of the top 50... hmmm
              high floor CB prospect in my book.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Arizona inviting in guys expected to go around pick #11.

Las Vegas brought in Joe Alt .... LMAO.

TT's wet dream for this draft.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

With Gus Edwards on board, Hortiz isn't forced to go after a RB if it's not a good value pick at the slot in question. But I have to think a RB *will* be taken, any of 6 or 7 candidates, including Trey Benson, Braelon Allen, and Audric Estime, from as early as Round 3, on. Those are the guys I'd think some uncertainty might still remain in the eyes of the Bolts' evaluators. .
                  Ravens took JK Dobbins in the 2nd round
                  Imo Trader Joe is going to take a potential workhorse back high, higher than many here expect.
                  why go through all this trouble collecting run first personnel just to depend depens and a Saturday rb?
                  don't be shocked if we perhaps over draft or trade up for a tier 1 rb despite so many holes to fill.

Edit: specifically, I think we trade back into the 2nd for Trey Benson.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Good choices.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

I like Audric Estime, unlike most...he moves very well for a big man...pro ready...

Ray Davis is getting slept on...powerback with wiggle and vision...

Isaac Guerendo doesnt have much tape with alot of crafty running...but he is a big, strong, north/south runner with homerun speed...low mileage...actually reminds me of a young Gus Edwards with speed. Could be a nice 5th rounder who fits our system perfectly...but as a developing #3 year one.

Actually...seems there are a few more draftable big backs this year...which is good for us.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Duck of Death
                        Social Piranha
                        • May 2022
                        • Flyover, USA
                        • Send PM

You may be on to something re: subterfuge.

But the Bo Nix visit is just strange, if true.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Cooper Dejean is cleared for football activities following his unfortunate broken leg injury.
                          He will hold a private workout session on April 8. His Forty time is the big thing.

Dane Brugler will release THE ultimate draft guide, The Beast, on April 10. That will signal the sprint to the draft beginning on April 25.

We should be able to finalize our draft thoughts, with the last truthful intel. Brugler is the King. Strengths, weaknesses, scheme fits will become clearer and clearer.

Comment

Working...
                          X