• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

jmo - we were dumb to take Teo, dumber to take him Rd2, dumbest ever to trade up for the privilege. Way too slow to play NFL ILB - watching him play against big boys in the final was epiphanous. they ran straight at him all night long. Never mind his love for catfish ...
    Classic case of TT falling head over heels for another mediocre Golden Domer...

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

All the more reason to get Dak's successor groomed and in place for when he leaves...so, though it's not as likely because Dallas doesn't have much draft capitol, it's still possible for them to move up to some point, maybe even to settle for Nix or Penix...
      I agree, but I don’t think it’ll be for Nix. Maybe Penix but only if he falls to them at 25. I’m just not seeing them being able to trade up for a QB this year.
      I do see them taking a Rattler/Pratt in the 3rd if he’s there, and then re evaluating QB in the off-season. They have a bunch of needs bad. I don’t think they have the luxury of trying to go get a QB high.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

yeah, it turns out his fall in the draft was not far enough (for his playing ability).
        Yep...Teo dropped for a reason...the other GM's saw his limitations, but not TT...who sees the world through Golden-Domer-colored glasses...
        (Maybe he works his Notre Dame magic with the Raiduhs...except for Alt...)
        Last edited by Topcat; 04-11-2024, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's definitely on my mind, especially if Verse and Turner are available. Harbaugh and Hortiz can also go corner at #11--Quinyon Mitchell. But I think at #23 there will be more options for defensive players than right tackles. I would prefer to have Fuaga at #11 and Latu or Kool-Aid at #23 than Verse, Turner, or Mitchell at #11 and Latham or Mims at #23.
          I don't think either Verse or Turner will be around at #11, but Latu should be there...Verse, Turner, Nabers, Odunze, and Harrison are the only players I think are worth taking at #5, as much as I love Bowers, I think a short trade down to at least 7 or maybe 9 would be a better spot for him, I don't think Bowers makes it past the Jets at #10

BTW, I'll keep typing this until draft day, Jared Verse is my favorite player in this draft...I think he's going to be a superstar defender in the league...Turner is up there too but I like Verse just a bit more...

Me if I were to trade down, I go with the best edge left on the board at #11 verse, turner, or latu...then at #23 I take either the best OT left on the board or the top IOL, my favorite interior offensive lineman in this draft is Graham Barton from Duke because the way he plays reminds me if Kris Dielman just a naturally powerful man he can play center or guard, if only Joe Alt had that type of play strength and power #2 for me is Kingsley Suamataia again naturally powerful and athletic can start out at RG then kick out to RT or just push Pipkins to the bench in year one, #3 favorite for me is Taliese Fuaga just a mean bastard, needs to work on technique in pass blocking but ready to compete as RT from day one in run game...Troy Fautanu is another guy I really like at #23...except for Fuaga, all of these guys project to a different position than they played in college although I think Kingsley played some RT in college as well...

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Yep...Teo dropped for a reason...the other GM's saw his limitations, but not TT...
            To this day I have no vision Telesco had when reviewing players and assessing that ability at the NFL Level combined with the style of play from the coaching staff and how they were going to play

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

To this day I have no vision Telesco had when reviewing players and assessing that ability at the NFL Level combined with the style of play from the coaching staff and how they were going to play
              Hopefully this carries over with his raiduhs tenure

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Hopefully this carries over with his raiduhs tenure
                Except I hope he doesn't end up with Alt...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Except I hope he doesn't end up with Alt...
                  you saw this right?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Lol...I think its funny how 11&23 has all but become a foregone conclusion for much of TPB, and how mocks and player discussions reflect that...Im guilty too...

But its a good thing...the possibility greatly widens the player pool to examine...which gives me and everyone else here more entertainment leading up to the draft!
                    Agree, we dont know how it will go and it might be all for nothing as we stay at 5. Just dont know. I just am a little burned out discussiong it lol. I do think our first pick will be OT, WR or TE. If we trade down to 11 by chance i think our first pick is OT, TE. Bowers just too good a fit for us to not consider him.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Cowherd just talking that they're hearing (from Breer) that WRs may be dropping a little as team's realize that these tackles are plug and play right away quality. Not saying I agree with it, just passing it along.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

you saw this right?

The guy I'm hoping they don't draft is Penis, now that guy is going to be huge, he's like Tua but with a way bigger arm...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's definitely on my mind, especially if Verse and Turner are available. Harbaugh and Hortiz can also go corner at #11--Quinyon Mitchell. But I think at #23 there will be more options for defensive players than right tackles. I would prefer to have Fuaga at #11 and Latu or Kool-Aid at #23 than Verse, Turner, or Mitchell at #11 and Latham or Mims at #23.
                          I think Newton is worth pick #11. And think none of edge rusher makes it #23, so as far as upgrade the DL vs Upgrade OL. Just seem more likely to find a OL still there at #23.
                          Latham, Barton, JPJ, or double up on defense. And spend pick #37 on OL. It's a deeper class of OL than DL. IMV.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X