Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

My WR1 is Nabers but

Something to consider and idk what exactly to make of it if anything at all.
    MH2 was basically the only weapon and catching passes from not an NFL quality qb
    Nabers and Thomas had each other and a significantly better qb.

I think that speaks well of MH2 and explains why he received so much double coverage.

Nabers is a good route runner but quite the opposite of a Keenan Allen where his game completely depends on his athleticism. So idk if he's someone we want to give a second contract to, depending on how many more years he has elite athleticism after 5 years on a rookie contract.
    then again, we may prefer to not resign our first this season and give the roster a bit of a cap break.

I also think Jim may not care about the Chargers in 5 years once he wins his 1 or 2 championships.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Yeah, they could trade Herbert but there is no way they are going to do it. First, no team is going to give up what it would take to make the trade, and 2) If a team want to mortgage their whole draft to move up to get Herbert there is no way the Chargers are going to eat the $120+M in dead space that would be left.
      It wasn’t a serious suggestion. The point of my absurd statement was that I expect things to have differences from previous stops. And if you want to be a team that can run it a bunch and pound teams, it helps to have one of the best QB-WR tandems in the NFL that teams are forced to respect and keep from loading up in the box. Or conversely, when they do load up, you can punish them outside.

Also, no matter how good we are, there are going to be third and longs and late minute needs for two minute drives.

They never said we’re gonna be the 1995 Cornhuskers. They said they want balance between the pass and the run.

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

It wasn’t a serious suggestion. The point of my absurd statement was that I expect things to have differences from previous stops. And if you want to be a team that can run it a bunch and pound teams, it helps to have one of the best QB-WR tandems in the NFL that teams are forced to respect and keep from loading up in the box. Or conversely, when they do load up, you can punish them outside.

Also, no matter how good we are, there are going to be third and longs and late minute needs for two minute drives.

They never said we’re gonna be the 1995 Cornhuskers. They said they want balance between the pass and the run.
        Totally agree, and to be clear I won't lose sleep if they choose one of the top 3 wr's, but I don't think that will be the direction they will go in because this draft is loaded with really good wr's. Also, I think Harbaugh probably likes QJ better than most fans because he did have a front row seat watching QJ shred their defense in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back. He will know how to get the most out of QJ and use him correctly unlike the last regime.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Totally agree, and to be clear I won't lose sleep if they choose one of the top 3 wr's, but I don't think that will be the direction they will go in because this draft is loaded with really good wr's. Also, I think Harbaugh probably likes QJ better than most fans because he did have a front row seat watching QJ shred their defense in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back. He will know how to get the most out of QJ and use him correctly unlike the last regime.
          I’m sure Harbaugh wants to get the most out of him, but one game he saw him play in won’t override a whole season of film showing he can’t catch, his releases are bad, and his route running is very rudimentary. BTW, QJ is not known for a string work ethic. There were never stories of him staying after practice as a rookie or during his time at TCU.

Harbaugh saw MH2 play great against him twice, so shouldn’t we then assume he’d really want him.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
            There were never stories of him staying after practice as a rookie or during his time at TCU.
            Not true. There *were* reports on QJ that described him as the first one to practice, and the last one to leave. I know, because I read them. You can make the claim that those reports weren't accurate, but you can't legitimately say that those reports weren't out there.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

With no trade back, I’m leaning Odunze at 5.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                My WR1 is Nabers but

MH2 was basically the only weapon and catching passes from not an NFL quality qb

I think that speaks well of MH2 and explains why he received so much double coverage.

Nabers is a good route runner but quite the opposite of a Keenan Allen where his game completely depends on his athleticism. So idk if he's someone we want to give a second contract to, depending on how many more years he has elite athleticism after 5 years on a rookie contract.
                then again, we may prefer to not resign our first this season and give the roster a bit of a cap break.

I also think Jim may not care about the Chargers in 5 years once he wins his 1 or 2 championships.
                Nabors is only 20 years old. He won't even be in his prime until a year or 2 into his 2nd contract.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

WR Steve Smith compared Nabers game to Picaso! I wouldn't be mad one bit if we drafted him...
                  He's very hard on WR prospects. Constantly looking for their weaknesses rather than kissing ass. He hates WR prospects whom aren't hand catchers, don't track well, and don't high point the ball. Did not like what he saw in QJ.

Liked him one play then REALLY did not like him on another.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Not true. There *were* reports on QJ that described him as the first one to practice, and the last one to leave. I know, because I read them. You can make the claim that those reports weren't accurate, but you can't legitimately say that those reports weren't out there.
                    That may be worse if what we saw last season was a hard working QJ

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      My WR1 is Nabers but

You're over thinking it 21. Go back and re-watch Nabers' highlights. Focus on primary defenders tasked to guard him. Straight getting abused, turned, struggling to keep up, etc. Kid's gonna do well with Herbert. Imho if you want a WR at #5 you can't go wrong this year.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Bowers and Harrison are the 2 best overall players in this draft.... and Bowers will have the greatest impact! He is virtually uncoverable and can play any non-QB skill position on offense.....

Great receiver, power runner, great blocker, and kick ass tough!... and fills a massive need Chargers have had since Gates..... KC and NE have proven that a great QB with a great TE can win championships without great WR's..... we have a great QB we need to give him a great TE.... this draft is vewry deep in good to great WR's.....

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Do you pick Bowers at 5 ?

Comment

Working...
                          X