• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Let me frame the matter *this* way--

Let's say that when the Chargers are on the clock at #5, there is NO suitable trade offer to consider. Let's say that everyone here would agree that turning down whatever flimsy offer came in was absolutely the right thing to do. The only sane thing to do would be to stay at #5, and pick.

So if trading down were NOT an option, *YOU*, TPB poster, would select... WHO?

If no suitable trade offer has materialized, it's probably because all of the trade-up worthy QBs were selected with picks 1 through 4.

The most elite players remaining on the board, in that case, would be Harrison, Nabers and Odunze.

Granted, I'm no scout with access to any inside information, so knowing only what I know... my pick would be Harrison.

Odunze is the guy who's character and football mentality seem to be the highest, and if those impressions I have are true, then I would lean Odunze's way, instead.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm going to take a guess at your pick at 5...

Odunze.
      Final answer.
      Strike one.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Strike one.
        Nabers?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Nabers?
          Steeee-rike.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Steeee-rike.
            i knew it, haha!

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Let's say that when the Chargers are on the clock at #5, there is NO suitable trade offer to consider. Let's say that everyone here would agree that turning down whatever flimsy offer came in was absolutely the right thing to do. The only sane thing to do would be to stay at #5, and pick.

If no suitable trade offer has materialized, it's probably because all of the trade-up worthy QBs were selected with picks 1 through 4.

The most elite players remaining on the board, in that case, would be Harrison, Nabers and Odunze.

Granted, I'm no scout with access to any inside information, so knowing only what I know... my pick would be Harrison.

Odunze is the guy who's character and football mentality seem to be the highest, and if those impressions I have are true, then I would lean Odunze's way, instead.
              Bowers.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

I don't believe Nabers and Odunze are better prospects than Joe Alt. If Harrison isn't there, and we don't trade down, Alt is my pick.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I don't believe Nabers and Odunze are better prospects than Joe Alt. If Harrison isn't there, and we don't trade down, Alt is my pick.
                  The prestigious Drafttek has Big Joe at #3 Overall on their Big Board.
                  I believe he would be just fine at ORT.
                  Duke Manyweather concurs.
                  Now convince pbb.
                  Good luck with that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Strike one.
                    Byron Murphy?

Quinton Mitchell?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

The prestigious Drafttek has Big Joe at #3 Overall on their Big Board.
                      I believe he would be just fine at ORT.
                      Duke Manyweather concurs.
                      Now convince pbb.
                      Good luck with that.
                      No, I'd actually be fine with that,
                      provided that Slater blew out his knee and then developed a staff infection all before the draft.

Otherwise, start off a new regime by drafting a Domer and moving him to RT?
                      Oh, hell no!

I thought that you would dangle your final decision for a few weeks before unveiling it to much awaited anticipation.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

There are only a couple of players I'd be geeked about the Bolts taking from the #5 spot, and Odunze is one of them.
                        Same. As far as "fit" and in the context of losing KA and the type of offense we want to build, I agree.
                        One could argue he's a better fit than either nabers or MH2.
                        I'm not ready to proclaim that but I can see it.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

I'm still going with my pick from the very beginning of this thread and nothing has changed my mind, Bowers.

He can do much more than any #1 WR can in this offense plus there are really good WRs and OTs to be found in the later rounds. TE's not so much.
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X