• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The prestigious Drafttek has Big Joe at #3 Overall on their Big Board.
    I believe he would be just fine at ORT.
    Duke Manyweather concurs.
    Now convince pbb.
    Good luck with that.
    He is #7 on NFL Draft Scout
    #5 on the Huddle Report
    Draftbuzz #5
    PFF #3

And Wu-Dai.......#5

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

If trading down isn't a realistic possibility, I'm sticking with Bowers at 5 despite the valid arguments against it.

After Bowers goes through Ben Herbert's camp of hell, he'll have the physique to do to the NFL what he did to the SEC

Kelce-type impact, only limited to the imagination of the OC.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Byron Murphy?

Quinton Mitchell?
        Personally, I'm a little wary of Quinyon Mitchell
        small schooler
        people are banking on what he did at the Senior Bowl and his traits.
        Easy to fall in love with his game and projects very well into the NFL
        But ive noticed he plays pretty hot at times, I don't want to say, "loses composure" but it's a red flag for me.
        kinda like JT Woods, the concern for me is how he's going to respond to a bad play against NFL WRs.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No, I'd actually be fine with that,
          provided that Slater blew out his knee and then developed a staff infection all before the draft.

Otherwise, start off a new regime by drafting a Domer and moving him to RT?
          Oh, hell no! I knew it. I knew it. The ONLY reason you don't like Alt is the Shiny Golden Helmet. Finally someone admits it. Shame. Shame.

I thought that you would dangle your final decision for a few weeks before unveiling it to much awaited anticipation. This will happen. The tension builds.
          No one will ever guess this one.
          The key is to study Mike Devlin's eyes, while he is working out certain prospects.
          Dang it, I gave it away.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

argument for a wideout.... Jim is talking up JJ so that QBs go off the board first four, leaving us w/our pick of the litter, and.... Marvin is generally considered the bpa @that point ??

we also are minus 2 @WR after losing MW 'n Keenan, and.... speaking for myself, the year I was keen on Wirfs @OT for us, was the year that team Tommy John wisely opted for JH10.

seems very similar w/my lean for Fuaga, despite some obviously very talented wideouts up early, and not unlike the lineup of Burrow, Herbert and Tua.... ?? will JH2 opt for the wiser selection ??

the argument for Nabers.... Hortiz calls him the best he's ever seen.... he obviously is the most Keenan comparable, and most fills in the hole we have post Keenan's vacancy, and.... his measurables are most closely associated w/JaMarr's, and.... as some have shrewdly/repeatedly asserted, Cincy was wise to pass on RT Penei Sewell in lieu of Chase, and of which many credit the move for their SB appearance.... Nabers can also slide into the slot to work inbetween the both of Palmer and QJ.

the argument for Odunze.... well, the holy trinity of Fleet, Nutty & Jeremiah are all in favor of the guy.... he's got the intangibles and production you look for, and.... he will most likely be on the board, and.... regardless, he is not much of a consideration for me, as just for some reason I see/sense him landing w/Kyler Murray in Az.... dunno ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is #7 on NFL Draft Scout
              #5 on the Huddle Report
              Draftbuzz #5
              PFF #3

And Wu-Dai.......#5
              We really have no choice BJolt.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

No one will ever guess this one.
                The key is to study Mike Devlin's eyes, while he is working out certain prospects.
                Dang it, I gave it away.
                If I was being honest wu-dai, Alt at #5 is a bit rich for me.

There are things I like about him, and 2 things that I do not,
                and that doesn't include him being a Domer and changing to the other side.

I also just prefer Fuaga to Alt;
                but Boltnut is opening my eyes to Pippy Longstalkings.

If he just let bygones be bygones, I wouldn't have realized that Pumpkins is a competent RT, surrounded by chaos.

So, its Marvin Harrison Jr. or bust for me.

Last time they selected a Jr. at #5, great things happened.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  argument for a wideout.... Jim is talking up JJ so that QBs go off the board first four, leaving us w/our pick of the litter, and.... Marvin is generally considered the bpa @that point ??

we also are minus 2 @WR after losing MW 'n Keenan, and.... speaking for myself, the year I was keen on Wirfs @OT for us, was the year that team Tommy John wisely opted for JH10.

seems very similar w/my lean for Fuaga, despite some obviously very talented wideouts up early, and not unlike the lineup of Burrow, Herbert and Tua.... ?? will JH2 opt for the wiser selection ??

the argument for Nabers.... Hortiz calls him the best he's ever seen.... he obviously is the most Keenan comparable, and most fills in the hole we have post Keenan's vacancy, and.... his measurables are most closely associated w/JaMarr's, and.... as some have shrewdly/repeatedly asserted, Cincy was wise to pass on RT Penei Sewell in lieu of Chase, and of which many credit the move for their SB appearance.... Nabers can also slide into the slot to work inbetween the both of Palmer and QJ.

the argument for Odunze.... well, the holy trinity of Fleet, Nutty & Jeremiah are all in favor of the guy.... he's got the intangibles and production you look for, and.... he will most likely be on the board, and.... regardless, he is not much of a consideration for me, as just for some reason I see/sense him landing w/Kyler Murray in Az.... dunno ??
                  At #5, of course we want a Seau. Getting a Jammer at #5 is*okay*, but it's not getting a Seau. (Yes, Quentin Jammer was drafted 5th overall, too.)

The receivers who will be available at #5? I think we all believe that there's at least ONE Seau in there.

My concern in trading down is that you increase the chances of drafting a Jammer. A Jammer-level RT? Okay, not a bad thing. A good thing, in fact. But enough to counterbalance what a Seau-level talent at a different position might have provided? It's something to think about.

My gut tells me that Fuaga is a Jammer-level talent. If Fuaga could be acquired at, say, #11 after that rumored trade down with MIN that would also include pick #23... Well, I think it's entirely possible that a Jammer-level talent could be found *there*. Edgerrin Cooper? Cooper DeJean? Braden Fiske? Brian Thomas, Jr?

So the question to entertain is, if you could be certain you'd be getting TWO Jammer-level players, instead of ONE Seau-level player... Would. You. Do. It?

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sheesh, grab a guard in rounds 3-4, upgrade acquired. Seriously.

Even I can admit a different scheme will show Pip in a better light (still want to replace him, with Salyer at least, I mean think what the new scheme will do for him..).

And yes, we can definitely add to the WR room with a late rounder, absolutely. But will it elevate that position? Big maybe there, IMHO. Does a mid round OG elevate the Oline? That just has to be a yes (and not sure a first round OG is that much more of a bump, with new scheme/coaching coming - but if you want your candy-covered cornflakes on the OL, sure Fuaga is your guy, but I’ll take MHJ if he’s there).

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

To add: any team with a top five pick (this draft is a great example, drops that metric to about top eight), it’s not about team building or depth. You have the opportunity to draft a phenomenal player, you do it. If you don’t need a QB, you’re getting a Pro Bowler/maybe Canton dude depending on who’s coming out that year. Hard to argue MHJ isn’t the top player this year, I don’t think there’s another guy so completely at the top of his position like he is.

And I don’t believe Harbaugh has been pimping McCarthy into that fourth spot to maximize the trade value for pick five. He’s simply and elegantly dropped the best player this year into our laps. No KA, no MW, MHJ on the board…easy math, and eight picks left for a college-savvy MFIC to fill other needs/upgrade other positions.

I like a lot of other guys at the top of this draft (if D, Verse works, sure), but I can’t budge myself off of MHJ, and barring something completely ridiculous he will be a Bolt.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        To add: any team with a top five pick (this draft is a great example, drops that metric to about top eight), it’s not about team building or depth. You have the opportunity to draft a phenomenal player, you do it. If you don’t need a QB, you’re getting a Pro Bowler/maybe Canton dude depending on who’s coming out that year. Hard to argue MHJ isn’t the top player this year, I don’t think there’s another guy so completely at the top of his position like he is.

And I don’t believe Harbaugh has been pimping McCarthy into that fourth spot to maximize the trade value for pick five. He’s simply and elegantly dropped the best player this year into our laps. No KA, no MW, MHJ on the board…easy math, and eight picks left for a college-savvy MFIC to fill other needs/upgrade other positions.

I like a lot of other guys at the top of this draft (if D, Verse works, sure), but I can’t budge myself off of MHJ, and barring something completely ridiculous he will be a Bolt.
                        Agree with this 100%.

Don't overthink this. The way this offseason has gone for us...MHJr will be there for taking.

I'm not a fan of trading down this year, at all. I don't care how many holes we have, we don't need to address them all in one offseason.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

the argument for Nabers.... Hortiz calls him the best he's ever seen
                          Who reported Hortiz saying this?

Comment

Working...
                          X