• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicMakerInMe
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2020
    • Send PM

"Don't worry Justin."

Unless it's MHJ, I want a trade down for Fautanu. That's honestly my final take.

Some of these smaller WR's I just got a feeling are going to take a pop and turn into Antonio Brown on Justin.

If our WR's can't get open so easily we'll run the ball down all the way down the field, gas the defense and setup a play-action dagger.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
      "Don't worry Justin."

Unless it's MHJ, I want a trade down for Fautanu. That's honestly my final take.

Some of these smaller WR's I just got a feeling are going to take a pop and turn into Antonio Brown on Justin.

If our WR's can't get open so easily we'll run the ball down all the way down the field, gas the defense and setup a play-action dagger.
      Is that a legal block? A few inches lower and the blockee goes to surgery for knee repair.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Is that a legal block? A few inches lower and the blockee goes to surgery for knee repair.
        He makes contact with the defender's hip. Because Fautanu goes to the ground, it gives the appearance that he hit the defender just above the knee.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

According to bleacher Report:

"Bowers is the best non-Marvin Harrison Jr. pass-catcher in the class," Klassen said. "Just because he's listed as a tight end instead of a wide receiver should not scare people away from that fact.

"Bowers is a truly exceptional YAC threat. He's quick, fast and balanced as a ball-carrier, not to mention he runs with the vision and confidence of a running back. The rest of Bowers' game is plenty desirable, too. The two-time John Mackey Award winner is a clean, explosive route-runner and does enough as a blocker to not have to worry about having him out there."

HEIGHT: 6'3" WEIGHT: 243 HAND: 9¾" ARM: 32¾" WINGSPAN: 78¼" 40-YARD DASH: 3-CONE: SHUTTLE: VERTICAL: BROAD: POSITIVES — Great long speed. Threat to take one…

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
            "Don't worry Justin."

These are more reasons to give herbert a weapon like Bowers, who is like a giant physical WR/RB playing TE....he will get open quicker than a WR who great CB's can cover tightly..... a great TE is great QB's best friend....and is a matchup nightmare.....

Chiefs had no great WR's yet best 2 defenses in NFL (who were loaded with talent) could not find a way to stop Kelsey when it really counted.... and they won 2 consecutive SB's..... the teams they played had great defense but not great offenses.....or great QB's....

Chargers have a great QB.... we need to make our offense great and that is easier to do because of the rules, than building a great defense.....

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

gettin' the feelin' that Minny ain't trading up unless Drake Maye is still on the board.... ?? do think that the Giants might trade up for him (JJ) tho.... w/Az ??
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Agree with this 100%.

Don't overthink this. The way this offseason has gone for us...MHJr will be there for taking.

I'm not a fan of trading down this year, at all. I don't care how many holes we have, we don't need to address them all in one offseason.
                MHJ being there at five is still a major IF. We need Az to trade out of that spot or pass on him. But if he’s still on the board at five, I’m sprinting to the podium.

That said, I’ll also be ecstatic to end up with Nabers if MHJ is gone. If we trade down, I’d love Bowers then Odunze.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  the argument for Nabers.... Hortiz calls him the best he's ever seen.... he obviously is the most Keenan comparable, and most fills in the hole we have post Keenan's vacancy, and.... his measurables are most closely associated w/JaMarr's, and.... as some have shrewdly/repeatedly asserted, Cincy was wise to pass on RT Penei Sewell in lieu of Chase, and of which many credit the move for their SB appearance.... Nabers can also slide into the slot to work inbetween the both of Palmer and QJ.
                  Don’t book QJ as an outside receiver. He was awful in that role last year. And while Nabers is a terror in the slot, he can still line up outside and be lethal there too. I think for fit that MHJ is the better fit, but if we still had Mike Williams and Keenan Allen, I’d lean towards Nabers as the better piece.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

lookin' over the QBs, do think that like the wideouts, the other 3 QBs are pretty evenly matched, and 'tis more a matter of which one you like/which one best fits your scheme, and....

the one factor that eye see, is that Daniels could be more injury prone than Maye or McCarthy ?? does that leave the door open for a trade w/the Raiders ?? TT ain't so worried 'bout injury bugs.

trading back to 13 would net us their second & third.... 44 & 77.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                      According to bleacher Report:

"Bowers is the best non-Marvin Harrison Jr. pass-catcher in the class," Klassen said. "Just because he's listed as a tight end instead of a wide receiver should not scare people away from that fact.

"Bowers is a truly exceptional YAC threat. He's quick, fast and balanced as a ball-carrier, not to mention he runs with the vision and confidence of a running back. The rest of Bowers' game is plenty desirable, too. The two-time John Mackey Award winner is a clean, explosive route-runner and does enough as a blocker to not have to worry about having him out there."

HEIGHT: 6'3" WEIGHT: 243 HAND: 9¾" ARM: 32¾" WINGSPAN: 78¼" 40-YARD DASH: 3-CONE: SHUTTLE: VERTICAL: BROAD: POSITIVES — Great long speed. Threat to take one…

Does this not debunk Bowers' reputation as a "good blocker"? He's being described here as "not a liability as a blocker", which isn't the same as being a "good blocker". Not even close.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Does this not debunk Bowers' reputation as a "good blocker"? He's being described here as "not a liability as a blocker", which isn't the same as being a "good blocker". Not even close.
                        The idea that Bowers can't or is a liability is silly at best. Dude either sets the edge, pancakes his guy, or completely runs the guy out of the play. Here are some of his blocks and there are many more.

Brock Bowers BLOCKING Highlights | Brock Bowers 2024 NFL Draft Highlights & Film (youtube.com)
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

not even close.....

he is one of the best blockers as a TE in college football....according to PFF..... but he is the 2nd best receiver ....period.... and he can play big RB/FB...... and can out run LBers and most secondary players..... those fast enough to catch him get run over.....

He is the best non-QB in this draft and we will be able to draft him... he is a matchup nightmare like kelsey..... who could not be stopped by the 2 best most talented defense in football in leading chiefs to 2 consecutive SB's.... without a star WR????..... WR's can be covered by a great CB..... kelsie was covered by NF:'s best LBers and NFL's best safties and neither could stop him..... when it counted....

Comment

Working...
                          X