Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

McNeil fell because of structural back issues - I think it was his narrow spine.
    That's probably what you meant.

It eventually shortened his career: he never was dominant like he was that first year.
    I remember him blowing up Hall of Famer Richard Seymore on 4rth down in the playoff game at the Murph.
    Spinal stenosis. About 10 years ago he was going to attempt a comeback, but it never was realized.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      Why is everyone fixated about fixing RT? I mean it isn't like we didn't lose two first round receivers in the off season did we? So were gonna run the ball and not pass? This is a cluster fuck of a different nature I think.

think when you look @RT/RG and our two WRs, think they compare fairly similarly.... all of 'em are pretty avg, albeit the argument can be made that @least 3/4 of 'em could improve (not so sure 'bout Pips ?)

so the question then becomes which position is more important to upgrade, and then which position has the better talent in the draft ??

opinions diverge when thinking RT as opposed to LT in terms of value, and obviously there is some top shelf talent @WR in this draft, and as the OTs are considered to be a notch below that this go 'round.

and that said, we also know that in hindsight not all comes out in the wash as many of us surmise/scry....

personally really like Fuaga's intangibles, along w/him seemingly a solid fit for what Harbaugh/Roman wishes to do on O, and.... not overly enamored w/any of the receivers, other than they are all darn good, and.... not so sure that is the way to go enroute to a SB ?? might be nice/fun, and.... think in the end, people complain less, the more we win, and so then the consideration is.... which position/player most moves the SB needle ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think when you look @RT/RG and our two WRs, think they compare fairly similarly.... all of 'em are pretty avg, albeit the argument can be made that @least 3/4 of 'em could improve (not so sure 'bout Pips ?)

so the question then becomes which position is more important to upgrade, and then which position has the better talent in the draft ??

opinions diverge when thinking RT as opposed to LT in terms of value, and obviously there is some top shelf talent @WR in this draft, and as the OTs are considered to be a notch below that this go 'round.

and that said, we also know that in hindsight not all comes out in the wash as many of us surmise/scry....

personally really like Fuaga's intangibles, along w/him seemingly a solid fit for what Harbaugh/Roman wishes to do on O, and.... not overly enamored w/any of the receivers, other than they are all darn good, and.... not so sure that is the way to go enroute to a SB ?? might be nice/fun, and.... think in the end, people complain less, the more we win, and so then the consideration is.... which position/player most moves the SB needle ??
        We burned two 1st rounders on oline. How much did that help? Being fixated on one player that is oline is just plain crazy unless we are in desperate need of Left tackle. You can find other oline through out the entire draft. Premium receivers are premium receivers and cost a fortune in the open market. I don't mind moving down but I still would take Thomas or Odunze there and then you can fun with the remaining picks....
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

We burned two 1st rounders on oline. How much did that help? Being fixated on one player that is oline is just plain crazy unless we are in desperate need of Left tackle. You can find other oline through out the entire draft. Premium receivers are premium receivers and cost a fortune in the open market. I don't mind moving down but I still would take Thomas or Odunze there and then you can fun with the remaining picks....
          I believe that Harbaugh, G-Ro, Devlin, Hardwick, Bischoff and Ben Herbert can make our current OL play quality football. OC Moore was garbage.

No way that I accept what happened in '23 as their best effort. I'd improve OL depth with a potential starting RT by rd 3.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Jeremiah again.
            I swear every post he makes has me thinking he is talking with the Chargers in mind.
            My pick @ #5 is in.
            It is not who I had been thinking of.
            But the fit just makes perfect sense.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

We'll find out after next season, now that they are playing for a coaching staff that actually knows what it's doing.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

We burned two 1st rounders on oline. How much did that help?.
                Well, two players constitute just 40% of the O-line. You can't expect a 5 man line to be great because of two worthy players.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Spinal stenosis. About 10 years ago he was going to attempt a comeback, but it never was realized.
                  The thing I most remember about McNeil was his ridiculous wingspan, the way he could use those go go gadget arms to recover even when he took bad angles...I wonder how he is doing with his back condition, I remember reading that his doctor told him he'd be in a wheel chair in his Middle Ages if he played pro ball, OTs usually have really long careers but he was only able to play what? like 4-5 seasons?
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Jeremiah again.
                    I swear every post he makes has me thinking he is talking with the Chargers in mind.
                    My pick @ #5 is in.
                    It is not who I had been thinking of.
                    But the fit just makes perfect sense.
                    I'm going to take a guess at your pick at 5...

Odunze.
                    Final answer.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The thing I most remember about McNeil was his ridiculous wingspan, the way he could use those go go gadget arms to recover even when he took bad angles...I wonder how he is doing with his back condition, I remember reading that his doctor told him he'd be in a wheel chair in his Middle Ages if he played pro ball, OTs usually have really long careers but he was only able to play what? like 4-5 seasons?
                      Yeah, he was in his prime when he had to give it up. At least he got to play for a few years and for a really good team.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, he was in his prime when he had to give it up. At least he got to play for a few years and for a really good team.
                        they did give him that big contract right at the end and then he barely played in the next two seasons after he got that deal, for his sake I hope he put some of that away for later...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm going to take a guess at your pick at 5...

Odunze.
                          Final answer.
                          There are only a couple of players I'd be geeked about the Bolts taking from the #5 spot, and Odunze is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X