• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Boltjolt and Boltnut crucified me on the other thread for this idea. Two High thirds added is gold in this years draft for us...but hey, what do I know...LOL!

Disagreed is a better word ...and as i said there, illl take the early 2nd everytime over two 3rds.. that wasnt even enough points for us to be even. Anytime a team trades into top 5 you need to get a little more, not less.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So...just for example...if they really want JC Latham, you are saying stay at 5 and take Latham...vs moving back, getting 2 players, AND Latham on a cheaper rookie contract, just so we dont sell low?

I hope our guys arent that stubborn...
      Latham at #5? I hope that dont happen.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So...just for example...if they really want JC Latham, you are saying stay at 5 and take Latham...vs moving back, getting 2 players, AND Latham on a cheaper rookie contract, just so we dont sell low?

I hope our guys arent that stubborn...
        I don't really care who they draft as long as they win! IF JC Latham is the draft pick so be it! He for sure would be an upgrade at RT!

No matter what #1 what they are going to draft around is to pound the rock and protect our QB and have players on D that are physical! No matter what!

Diva WR's that demand the rock are probably not going to be an option! Listen to what WR Brenden Rice said about playing for Harbaugh! I believe that's the mentality they're looking for! Even potential players know it!

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

There's about 6 OTs that can go in Rd 1. If we want Latham we can easily get him or another good one at 11. Not a chance @5.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
            There's about 6 OTs that can go in Rd 1. If we want Latham we can easily get him or another good one at 11. Not a chance @5.
            I would imagine they may be looking at Latham at 10 or 11 as an option in case they trade down that far and Bowers gets drafted before they pick!

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Draft better to win better/more

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Arizona is getting screwed on this deal - 1729 points when the value of the pick is 1800

I like the framework of the deal but I think AZ would want more than a 5th to move back one spot.
                It’s the Bidwills in play here, they still get their guy, so it’s a rare instance where you can disregard the point value
                Who should give up more? LA or MN? Both?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I would imagine they may be looking at Latham at 10 or 11 as an option in case they trade down that far and Bowers gets drafted before they pick!
                  I can see the JEST Jesters Jesters Jesters drafting Brock Bowers -- but not NYG, TN, Atl or Chicago

So if the Chargers trade back to 11 - and its not Bowers - and they go RT over say Terrion Arnold, will have the pick of Fuanga, Latham, Mims was well as the Penn State OT and Wash OT. Granted Odunze couild be there if the Bears throw a curve ball

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

If we pick @11 the Jets @10 likely take Bowers. They need help in the receiving department and there is chance the three top WRs will be off the board
                    by then.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

If we pick @11 the Jets @10 likely take Bowers. They need help in the receiving department and there is chance the three top WRs will be off the board
                      by then.
                      I can see the Jets going Odunze if there or Bowers or a OT....or if they love a CB. Their OTs are 33 years old. Smith signed for a 1 year deal and he hasnt been healthy. Many think they will go OT @ 10 but they could go Bowers too. Im hoping they dont.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

by then.
                        If I were the Jets I'd scoop up WR Brian Thomas @10 and be one happy camper!

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I can see the Jets going Odunze if there or Bowers or a OT....or if they love a CB. Their OTs are 33 years old. Smith signed for a 1 year deal and he hasnt been healthy. Many think they will go OT @ 10 but they could go Bowers too. Im hoping they dont.
                          I was thinking the Jets could trade us their 10th and 2nd and or 3rd for our 5th and draft Alt, which would get us Bowers!

Comment

Working...
                          X