• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

LOL @ Real Talk. Thats a huge inside thing on another forum of mine.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Taylor Rapp, per Tacoma News Tribune, ran a disappointing 4.7 40 at his pro day. I been touting this guy, so I will own it. Still think he is one of the best "football players" in the draft...and there was mention that he has been nursing a hip flexor injury since late in the season...but I can no longer endorse a first round pick for him...maybe he slides to the third, and if we don't get a top prospect at safety, we can get him there and put him behind Watkins...maybe pro train some straight line speed into his game..

But for now, my top safety prospects are Abram and Thornhill
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Taylor Rapp, per Tacoma News Tribune, ran a disappointing 4.7 40 at his pro day. I been touting this guy, so I will own it. Still think he is one of the best "football players" in the draft...and there was mention that he has been nursing a hip flexor injury since late in the season...but I can no longer endorse a first round pick for him...maybe he slides to the third, and if we don't get a top prospect at safety, we can get him there and put him behind Watkins...maybe pro train some straight line speed into his game..

By the way...does anybody know if Bradley was at that pro day? I saw a clip on NFL network, and there was a guy working their cornerback on a press drill....looked an awful lot like our DC...Goatee or thin beard, hat over trim scalp, bout the same build...but I never saw the front of the hat, so I couldn't tell for sure...but Byron Murphy is probably gone by 28, right?

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Torn cuff #5. I'm a tough old bird.....
          The Bolts work you out yet? You'd fit right in.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

What has changed your mind about Abrams being only a box safety vs being a good pairing with Derwin ?
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What has changed your mind about Abrams being only a box safety vs being a good pairing with Derwin ?
              I've actually been posting that his natural ability in the box has people overlooking his potential and range at single high...homework needs to be done. Chargers have shown interest....do they see him as single high? If they get him, do they put James back there...or do they use him and James in a new cover 2? Not a lot of tape on his coverage...but nothing bad either....

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

I've actually been posting that his natural ability in the box has people overlooking his potential and range at single high...homework needs to be done. Chargers have shown interest....do they see him as single high? If they get him, do they put James back there...or do they use him and James in a new cover 2? Not a lot of tape on his coverage...but nothing bad either....
                I don't see us running a cover 2 scheme. Abram has a natural skillset/demeanor to play close to the LOS but speed/football IQ to play deep coverage responsibly. His ballskills, range, and ability to anticipate to routes are all questionable. I love the speed and physicality he plays with. Not the best fit for us imo though.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I remain negative on the projection of Abrams to ANY Single High work.

Boltnut brings up Earl Thomas...disagree...whole new direction in draft strategy for me.

Thornhill @ 60 is a possibility, but there will be other players I like @ 60 over Thornhill, due to talent level and position of need.

Thornhill is prolly gone @ 60, but he would certainly have to be in clustas there.
                  Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-02-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

meh. One 40 especially off an injury does nothing to alter how i see him. It only means he could be great value if he slides. I would not use a first perhaps, but if he ran 4.6 we wouldnt even have this discussion. Fyi a frickin RB ran the same 40 and is still proj rd 1 and first rb taken.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

meh. One 40 especially off an injury does nothing to alter how i see him. It only means he could be great value if he slides. I would not use a first perhaps, but if he ran 4.6 we wouldnt even have this discussion. Fyi a frickin RB ran the same 40 and is still proj rd 1 and first rb taken.
                      4.5s and wouldn't have the discussion. 4.6s is minimum LB speed now.
                      While 40s aren't end all be all it should be a factor included in the package.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I don't see us running a cover 2 scheme. Abram has a natural skillset/demeanor to play close to the LOS but speed/football IQ to play deep coverage responsibly. His ballskills, range, and ability to anticipate to routes are all questionable. I love the speed and physicality he plays with. Not the best fit for us imo though.
                        FS has got to be able to wrap up.

Got some used car salesmen around here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

His times in the shuttle drills were very good so I am just going to chalk it up to he just don't have good top end speed. But he does play fast and a 40 isn't everything but I'd have liked him to time a bit better than that.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-02-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X