• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yes. But I believe AL about Tevi...doesn't mean I like it.

TT is gonna surprise us.
    Oh? Any guesses on that surprise? Or do we just have to use our...

image.jpeg

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Yes. But I believe AL about Tevi...doesn't mean I like it.

TT is gonna surprise us.
      He may say that but they will draft a better RT. They aren't going to say anything negative.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He may say that but they will draft a better RT. They aren't going to say anything negative.
        Good point. Any decent and smart coach will never say anything negative about any of his players, publicly. And this is as it should be. But you better believe that in staff meetings they are frequently discussing how they can upgrade personnel who in their view, are not cutting the mustard...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point. Any decent and smart coach will never say anything negative about any of his players, publicly. And this is as it should be. But you better believe that in staff meetings they are frequently discussing how they can upgrade personnel who in their view, are not cutting the mustard...
          Yeah,like always talking up Geno and Cardale. But they aren't returning either lol

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah,like always talking up Geno and Cardale. But they aren't returning either lol
            Yep. One day, it's "he is an important part of our team." Then the next day, it's "we would like to thank ___________ for his important contributions to our team, and wish him the best in his future endeavors." A bit ironic, but on the other hand, it's a lot better than a Twitter war and locker-room chaos...

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Garrett Bradbury is a prospect I really like. The talk that he cannot anchor is noise. He looks fine against the monsters of the IDL. Sense of urgency, surprising power, elite out in space.
              http://www.catscratchreader.com/2019/1/31/18204675/film-room-scouting-report-on-nc-state-garrett-bradbury-2019-nfl-draft

"the concerns w/his anchor are real.... issues w/his anchor and functional strength."

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

(big) value @60 if he's there,

http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-dont-sleep-on-ole-miss-wr-a-j-brown-a-first-round-player
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I agree with Matt Miller...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2019/1/31/18204675/film-room-scouting-report-on-nc-state-garrett-bradbury-2019-nfl-draft

"the concerns w/his anchor are real.... issues w/his anchor and functional strength."
                    I say Billy Marshall is wrong, and I have my sources. The article was written 1.31.19, prior to Indy. See bench reps. Defensive linemen and NFL scouts report Bradbury's punch is plenty strong. Balance. Knee bend. Technique.

Round 2 to the Panthers ? Laughable.

Jeremiah currently has Bradbury as #18 overall.

Have you not seen this before ? There is disagreement amongst punditry. It does exist. For example, Kyle Crabbs recently stated Jaylon Ferguson is terrible. Meanwhile, Jaylon Ferguson has twenty two visits.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

I say Billy Marshall is wrong, and I have my sources. The article was written 1.31.19, prior to Indy. See bench reps. Defensive linemen and NFL scouts report Bradbury's punch is plenty strong. Balance. Knee bend. Technique.

Round 2 to the Panthers ? Laughable.

Jeremiah currently has Bradbury as #18 overall.

Have you not seen this before ? There is disagreement amongst punditry. It does exist. For example, Kyle Crabbs recently stated Jaylon Ferguson is terrible. Meanwhile, Jaylon Ferguson has twenty two visits.
                      His anchor wasn't bad against Dexter Lawrence.

Reminds me of how Frank Ragnow was reputably slow and bad in space. Lions drafted him around #20.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

His anchor wasn't bad against Dexter Lawrence.

Reminds me of how Frank Ragnow was reputably slow and bad in space. Lions drafted him around #20.
                        Yeah Nutty had the intel on Ragnow.

It would be cool to hear your takes on Bradbury vs Elgton, both in talent level and in LAC scheme fit.

I like the position flexibility on Elgton, but somebody I listen to said
                        he did not look particularly good at OG in Mobile drills.

There is no doubt about Elgton's anchor.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Always the case isn't it?
                          Which prospects seem dramatically out of round consideration?
                          Jamel Dean stands out. Like you said, elite traits & he's been healthy for the last two years. Some GM will clearly take a chance on him in the 3rd & probably the 2nd round - character concerns/medical checkup aside. Quality press corners are pure gold.

Rennel Wren intrigues me.
                          how often is it that a 2nd tier draft DT outshines the 1rst tier in the NFL? - quite often.

Everyone focuses on Wilkins/Lawrence/etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X