• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Telesco didn't draft two of the best guards.... as it stands now (jury is still out on Feeney and Forrest, and while we hope for the best)

and doubt Pouncey makes it thru the full season (ditto for Denzel btw), and....

think for this team Forrest is an OG, and w/Feeney & Scho that our need/concern is @the OC

would also volunteer that Tevi may be best at guard, and that Trent Scott is a backup RT for the most part ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Chargers have met privately with Duke QB Daniel Jones

2 Chargers met with the top-5 QB in Durham, NC

By Michael Peterson@ZoneTracks Apr 5, 2019, 6:39am PDT
      SHARE Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images
      The Chargers are doing their homework on yet another quarterback in this year's class, with the latest being Duke's Daniel Jones, according to Adam Schefter. The Bolts are one of a handful of teams that have trekked out to Durham, North Carolina recently to meet with Jones, with others including the New York Giants, Miami Dolphins, and the Denver Broncos.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Chargers have met privately with Duke QB Daniel Jones

2 Chargers met with the top-5 QB in Durham, NC

By Michael Peterson@ZoneTracks Apr 5, 2019, 6:39am PDT
        SHARE Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images
        The Chargers are doing their homework on yet another quarterback in this year's class, with the latest being Duke's Daniel Jones, according to Adam Schefter. The Bolts are one of a handful of teams that have trekked out to Durham, North Carolina recently to meet with Jones, with others including the New York Giants, Miami Dolphins, and the Denver Broncos.
        Daniel Jones, 6-5, 221, QB, Duke

Three-year starter who operates with a rare level of quality mechanics coming from the college game. Jones doesn't have special arm talent, but he can make pro throws and has the ability to attack deep with accuracy. He completed just 59.9 percent of his career passes, but his receivers -- who dropped 38 passes this year alone -- really struggled to get open at times. Jones has good football IQ and is relatively mobile, but he appears to be more of a game manager than "franchise" talent. He's more of a Day 2 draft pick than Day 1.

Strengths
        • Benefitted working under QB guru David Cutcliffe at Duke
        • Did more with less at skill positions
        • Quick worker through progressions
        • Early recognition of deep ball opportunities and feathers throws into the target
        • Adjusts pre-snap plan to blitz and exploits hot-read opportunities
        • Consistent footwork from pocket with feet following eyes
        • Outstanding accuracy on intermediate throws
        • Uses fastball when he needs it, but generally throws with touch
        • Drives field-side throws with velocity
        • Courage to hang in the pocket and throw despite impending blow
        • Completion percentage hurt by high drop rate
        • Displays feel for pressure off the edge
        • Good athlete with scrambling ability to move the chains
        • Slick pocket slider with ability to keep searching for target or flee for yardage

Weaknesses
        • Thin in his lower body
        • Had 12 passes batted down at line of scrimmage in 2018
        • Benefitted from heavy play-action/RPO scheme
        • Incessant patting of the ball through progressions
        • Waits an extra step before cutting it loose too often
        • Average release speed slowed by small windup
        • Attempts throws into some impossible windows
        • Needs to work ahead of schedule more often on next level
        • Succumbs to off-platform tosses rather than working into better positioning
        • Showed willingness to throw it up for grabs rather than take sack
        • Loose ball handling in face of pressure leads to fumbles
        • Too much bravado as a runner
        • Took licks when slides or dashes out of bounds were options

Comment

• Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          Telesco didn't draft two of the best guards.... as it stands now (jury is still out on Feeney and Forrest, and while we hope for the best)

and doubt Pouncey makes it thru the full season (ditto for Denzel btw), and....

think for this team Forrest is an OG, and w/Feeney & Scho that our need/concern is @the OC

would also volunteer that Tevi may be best at guard, and that Trent Scott is a backup RT for the most part ??
          What I said is we can't really blame Telesco because he went out there and drafted two of the best guard prospects in the 2017 draft in Feeney and Forrest. Obviously they haven't worked out (yet), and with hindsight we could have drafted differently, but no one knows how a prospect will turn out when they draft them. Every prospect comes with a risk. When you select two of the best prospects at their position you don't expect them both to not pan out...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how we approach the draft. There are some good OL candidates that we can add in the draft and we would be wise to sure up the OL in order to help protect Rivers and aide our running game.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post

What I said is we can't really blame Telesco because he went out there and drafted two of the best guard prospects in the 2017 draft in Feeney and Forrest. Obviously they haven't worked out (yet), and with hindsight we could have drafted differently, but no one knows how a prospect will turn out when they draft them. Every prospect comes with a risk. When you select two of the best prospects at their position you don't expect them both to not pan out...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how we approach the draft. There are some good OL candidates that we can add in the draft and we would be wise to sure up the OL in order to help protect Rivers and aide our running game.
            I wasn't a huge Feeney fan in college. The fact is that up to now Telesco has missed on all his Oline picks, discounting Tevi i suppose.
            Not encouraging.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wasn't a huge Feeney fan in college. The fact is that up to now Telesco has missed on all his Oline picks, discounting Tevi i suppose.
              Not encouraging.
              Still think this is premature to say. Feeney in his third season a d let's see what a healthy Lamp can do.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Still think this is premature to say. Feeney in his third season a d let's see what a healthy Lamp can do.
                Exactly! Feeney is actually a good run blocker. Needs more attention to picking up stunts. I have every confidence that Lamp will be good this year. OG will eventually be very deep for us.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Exactly! Feeney is actually a good run blocker. Needs more attention to picking up stunts. I have every confidence that Lamp will be good this year. OG will eventually be very deep for us.
                  If everything works out, yes! If Feeney doesn't progress, Lamp doesn't start & Pouncey gets injured......could be a very, very weak link. Unlike many, i don't like the talk about trying Lamp out at RT. Perhaps they don't like him at guard.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If everything works out, yes! If Feeney doesn't progress, Lamp doesn't start & Pouncey gets injured......could be a very, very weak link. Unlike many, i don't like the talk about trying Lamp out at RT. Perhaps they don't like him at guard.
                    Or perhaps they've gotten over the whole "OT's need 34+ inch arms" thing. Lamp has/had great feet. I had him rated as a 1st round OT. @OG, I had my doubts. Wasn't sure he had the power.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Sam Farmer of the LA Times has the Chargers taking Christian Wilkins at 28. With KC taking Jeffery Simmons at 29. ‍♂️

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Sam Farmer of the LA Times has the Chargers taking Christian Wilkins at 28. With KC taking Jeffery Simmons at 29. *♂️
                        Doubt Wilkins will be there but hell ya.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

A
                          Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Sam Farmer of the LA Times has the Chargers taking Christian Wilkins at 28. With KC taking Jeffery Simmons at 29. *♂️
                          Actually, I mentioned in another thread...Simmons going down with the ACL probably torpedoed the slim chance that Wilkins would slide to us at 28...but Wilkins is my favorite player in this draft.Talented, safe, clean, smart...and gave up a big payday to go back to school, and try and win a championship with his bros...whats not to like? But I think Farmer needs to put the pipe down...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X