• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Feeney was a very highly rated guard coming out of college. Hard to fault Telesco for taking him. And he did it in the third round.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Jolt.... know you never got off the Justin Houston train/bandwagon when he came out, and despite him being discounted for the doobies thing, and....

haven't heard you nor most anyone else here make mention of Jachai Polite.... does he have value for you/us @28 ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        Jolt.... know you never got off the Justin Houston train/bandwagon when he came out, and despite him being discounted for the doobies thing, and....

haven't heard you nor most anyone else here make mention of Jachai Polite.... does he have value for you/us @28 ??
        Yep I wanted JH still after the MJ thing. That dont bother me and now it's legal in many states. Just don't show up high on gameday.

I don't know much about Polite to comment on him. I'd only be going off of pundits, which I don't like but it's all id have and the value boards I like most don't have him near a first rounder. 3-4 rounder.

Maybe Steve or Ninja can.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-08-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep I wanted JH still after the MJ thing. That dont bother me and now it's legal in many states. Just don't show up high on gameday.

I don't know much about Polite to comment on him. I'd only be going off of pundits, which I don't like but it's all id have and the value boards I like most don't have him near a first rounder. 3-4 rounder.

Maybe Steve or Ninja can.
          Not Steve or ninja but chiming in.

Polite has elite bend, speed, and burst ala Von Miller.

Polite is introverted, causing poor interviews.

Don't be surprised if TT goes for Attaochu redux.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Not Steve or ninja but chiming in.

Polite has elite bend, speed, and burst ala Von Miller.

Polite is introverted, causing poor interviews.

Don't be surprised if TT goes for Attaochu redux.
            great take wu dai.... hadn't heard that 'bout him re: his interviews/being introverted ??

do you wait on him @60 or do you think he would require our first ??

ps. would be (very) surprised if Tom went Polite @any time during the draft.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yeah....really hate that his production doesn't match his skills though as he has top 5 talent. He would be good value based on his abilities, but he has high Bust factor IMO.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Peter King has us taking Jonathan Abrams. What makes it even worse is that Adderly is taken right before us by the Raiders. Yuck! I hope doesn't happen:

27. Oakland: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware, or Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame. I tend to think Adderley, because he's a versatile player (three-year CB, one-year safety) who could fill the hole at safety next to Karl Joseph or plug at corner or nickel as well. Good weapon for defensive coordinator Paul Guenther. The luxury of extra picks might make defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons tempting. He'd have been a top 10 pick were it not for his torn ACL in February.

28. Los Angeles Chargers: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State. Derwin James and Abram in the back end for the next eight years? Sign me up for that.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Dane Brugler's 7 round mock draft. Here's what he has for us for all 7 rounds with only the first having any significant analysis:

1. Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware
                  The Chargers hit a home run with a first-round safety (Derwin James) last year and could do it again this April. Adderley is the top free safety prospect in this class and Los Angeles has done plenty of legwork on the FCS star, including a recent top-30 visit at the facility.
                  2. Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State
                  3. Anthony Nelson, DL, Iowa
                  4. Tyler Jones, OG, NC State
                  5. Mark Fields, CB, Clemson
                  6. DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss
                  7. Jacob Dolegala, QB, Central Connecticut

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Peter King has us taking Jonathan Abrams. What makes it even worse is that Adderly is taken right before us by the Raiders. Yuck! I hope doesn't happen:

Abram said, when he was on nfl network, that teams are working him out and talking about him playing all over the place....I'm paraphrasing here...again, just because this guy was awesome in the box, doesn't mean he can't play single high. I'm sure the Chargers having him in for a private work out means they either think he might be that guy, or the combo of him and James is worth a scheme "tweak"

I can't see Abram in Bolts being a bad thing....
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

It's interesting how much Brugler has certainforum favorites dropping to the 2nd round. Guys like Greedy Williams, Dalton Risner, Mack Wilson, Taylor Rapp, and Kaleb McGary. It means we do have choices at the 28th spot. No need to trade up.

Second Round

33. Arizona Cardinals - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
                      34. Indianapolis Colts - Johnathan Abram, SS, Mississippi State
                      35. Oakland Raiders - L.J. Collier, EDGE, TCU

36. San Francisco 49ers - Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
                      During the season, Brown was trending toward the top half of Round One. But his Lisfranc surgery (at only 166 pounds) has cooled his draft projection, giving the 49ers a steal in the early second. Brown and Dante Pettis in back-to-back second rounds is a nice haul for Jimmy Garoppolo.

37. New York Giants - Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
                      38. Jacksonville Jaguars - N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
                      39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
                      40. Buffalo Bills - Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
                      41. Denver Broncos - Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College

42. Cincinnati Bengals - Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
                      The Bengals are searching for their version of Leighton Vander Esch, which is why Devin White and Devin Bush are on their radar in Round One. But Wilson isn't a bad Plan B in the second round. He has three-down abilities, including the potential to be one of the better cover linebackers in this class.

43. Detroit Lions - Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
                      44. Green Bay Packers - Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State
                      45. Atlanta Falcons - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, DB, Florida
                      46. Washington Redskins - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
                      47. Carolina Panthers - Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State
                      48. Miami Dolphins - Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan

49. Cleveland Browns - Taylor Rapp, SS, Washington
                      Rapp wasn't a lock first rounder prior to his pro day and it now seems very unlikely that he will crack the top 32 after his 4.78 40-yard dash. However, there are teams in the mid-second round that loved to see that 4.78, hoping to see him fall this far.

50. Minnesota Vikings - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
                      51. Tennessee Titans - Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida
                      52. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
                      53. Philadelphia Eagles - Deionte Thompson, FS, Alabama
                      54. Houston Texans - Elgton Jenkins, OG, Mississippi State

55. Houston Texans - Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
                      A former wide receiver, Johnson's footwork and route recognition are still in the development phase as a cornerback. However, his size (6-2), length (33 inches) and speed (4.40) are outstanding and teams are willing to bet on those skills as early as the second round.

56. New England Patriots - Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
                      57. Philadelphia Eagles - Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
                      58. Dallas Cowboys - Juan Thornhill, FS, Virginia
                      59. Indianapolis Colts - Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
                      60. Los Angeles Chargers - Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State
                      61. Kansas City Chiefs - Andy Isabella, WR, Massachusetts
                      62. New Orleans Saints - Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
                      63. Kansas City Chiefs - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

64. New England Patriots - Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
                      Out of sight, out of mind. Unfortunately, that has been the theme of Tavai's pre-draft process after missing the Senior Bowl and combine with his shoulder injury. However, his three-down, hybrid skill set is still squarely on the radar of NFL teams, including the Patriots.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Abram said, when he was on nfl network, that teams are working him out and talking about him playing all over the place....I'm paraphrasing here...again, just because this guy was awesome in the box, doesn't mean he can't play single high. I'm sure the Chargers having him in for a private work out means they either think he might be that guy, or the combo of him and James is worth a scheme "tweak"

I can't see Abram in Bolts being a bad thing....
                        I am just going by the analysis that I've seen of him. Maybe he will prove me wrong if we get. But based on what I've read, he seems like a more refined Addae.
                        All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Johnathan Abram

Weaknesses
                        • Is a little tightly bundled through the hips
                        • He's not stiff, but he's not necessarily fluid
                        • Unlikely to handle coverage duties on the backend
                        • Moderate ball production
                        • Needs to play with better anticipation in coverage
                        • Uses burst to close on receiver rather than close on football
                        • Will miss some tackles when coming in too hot
                        • Playing style could lend itself to durability concerns
                        • Edgy playing style lacks control at times

Looking for a downhill thumper? Mississippi State's Johnathan Abram is the prototype.
                        Weaknesses: Overaggressive pursuit leads to off-balance and missed tackle attempts in space ... inconsistent strike zone, corralling high or chopping low ... bad habit of leading with his helmet, going for the blow up hit instead of the sure tackle ... inconsistent hand use near the line of scrimmage and can be taken out of plays ... has the athleticism for man coverage, but gets grabby and shows marginal instincts, especially with his back to the ball ... doesn't have a feel for spacing and the quarterback will attack him when left alone in single coverage ... physical play leads to durability concerns - shoulder injury was flagged during Senior Bowl medicals.

Summary: A two-year starter at Mississippi State, Abram played field safety for the Bulldogs and was an enforcer on both defense and special teams coverages. He runs the alley like a speeding bullet, but doesn't consistently come to balance and his aggressive play style is his best and most worrisome quality. Although he reacts well and plays with boundless energy, Abram struggles to anticipate and is at his best where he can run and hit. Overall, Abram is not the type of safety who will sniff out routes and thrive on instincts, but he is a tempo-setter with the fast and physical appetite to hunt, projecting as a starting NFL strong safety and at-worst a special teams standout.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Also, King makes note of the craziness of a team's board:

With the draft 17 days away, most teams will spend this week--or the next two weeks--finalizing their draft boards. One team's GM told me over the weekend his team is doing what I'm sure others are doing as well: This team's scouts, coaches and top personnel officials will gather in the draft room at their facility today and, position by position over the next week or so, will finalize grades of each player on the board and have the final grades of all players by the middle or end of next week. The board will be stacked, 1 through the final graded player, maybe 350 in all. The players with character issues--a positive drug test or an arrest--will have a red dot next to their names on the board. Injury risks will have a different-colored dot. Then the team will begin to go over scenarios: How many of our top players will have to be off the board for us to consider trading down? Which teams do we plant seeds with about trading down or up? Then assistant coaches and scouts will call players likely to be low-rounders or undrafted, and begin to prioritize a list of the post-seventh-round players they will chase after day three of the draft. And the GM and his assistants will forage for draft info in the final days.

Comment

Working...
                          X