Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I just don't think he is first round material and don't want to trade up for him.

And you are going Gaga over him throwing in shorts with no defense in front of him.

Herbert looked great too, ...til he has a defense in front of him and suddenly he has trouble throwing a 15 yard pass accurately.

I will say I'd rather have Hurts over Love. Don't get the hype for him.

It's ok if some have reservations on a QB
    We are coming from a HOF QB whether you liked him or not.
    I said long ago that Herbert still needs a lot of coaching, but I also said he does throw some nice deep passes. I even provided you with a link to see it for yourself. You wrote it off as "highlight film'. And it is highlights but, it's also real - he made those passes against a real team (with a defense). I seen just about all of his games in the past four years and I'v seen him make a lot of nice passes. The Ducks offense is more run oriented so many of his passes are thrown to his RB's in the flats but he throw the intermediate and long passes too. One other note of interest - his WR's were butterfingered and that also needs to be factored in. With the better coaching he'll get in the NFL and all that natural ability he could turn out to be a very good QB.

I think you underrate him. I think he's the third best QB in this years draft and considering the injury history of Tua, I won't be overly surprised to see him go #2 behind Burroughs.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I said long ago that Herbert still needs a lot of coaching, but I also said he does throw some nice deep passes. I even provided you with a link to see it for yourself. You wrote it off as "highlight film'. And it is highlights but, it's also real - he made those passes against a real team (with a defense). I seen just about all of his games in the past four years and I'v seen him make a lot of nice passes. The Ducks offense is more run oriented so many of his passes are thrown to his RB's in the flats but he throw the intermediate and long passes too. One other note of interest - his WR's were butterfingered and that also needs to be factored in. With the better coaching he'll get in the NFL and all that natural ability he could turn out to be a very good QB.

I think you underrate him. I think he's the third best QB in this years draft and considering the injury history of Tua, I won't be overly surprised to see him go #2 behind Burroughs.
      Every game I watched him in, this year and last...and I didn't see them all, he wasnt very good.

Made those comments during and after those games.

This year off the top of my head , i saw Cal, AZ st, Utah and Wisconsin. His stats weren't bad in some but like I been saying he throws a ton of very short passes and his WRs and RBs make the plays on them.

​​​​​He had trouble in those games throwing accurate 10 to 15 yard passes and even rushing some short passes and was off.

Of course he is going to hit on some longer throws but watching a highlight where he hits on all of them will show me nothing but an inaccurate opinion of what I've seen during a whole game.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You’ve been pimping him for awhile, sir. Carry on with your bad self and if we draft him I’ll cheer for him along with you. Gotta give these kids a chance, the league needs them lol.

You know, I will say this about Herbert: when he plays, he plays effing fierce. Whatever laid back nature he has leaves the building and he looks very fired up out there. Good thing, IMO.
        Last edited by blueman; 03-11-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

I was listening to NFL radio, they were talking about Tua. questions about his hip - the medical tests he “passed” related to the Bo disease of loss of blood flow that kills bone. His bone is healing / healed. But they were saying that still doesn’t mean the bone will stay in the socket and if it comes out once, its higher chances it pops out again. Someone said there’s been 8 similar cases and all but 1 didn’t turn out so good. I don’t know the data ... just sharing what i heard.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

still have a funny feelin' that Lynn's QB of choice is already in the building.... OT-RB 1-2
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              still have a funny feelin' that Lynn's QB of choice is already in the building.... OT-RB 1-2
              You may be so right.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Director of Scouting

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  May also be his termination ticket

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

May also be his termination ticket
                    Well he survived Rivers’ 5-11 lol.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      Director of Scouting

who was in the booth together @about the six min mark ??

are the one or both of 'em instrumental in the final say ??

think that guy's a good scout too, and.... still think our scouting dept is a little top heavy w/the time to move on from guys like Abraham, Eller, McConnaughey and Sheridan ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Well he survived Rivers’ 5-11 lol.
                        He got a one year contract extension. He won’t survive a second 5-11 season.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He got a one year contract extension. He won’t survive a second 5-11 season.
                          Yeah, agreed he should go if repeats that mess.

Comment

Working...
                          X