• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Herbert demonstrated very good touch at the combine, weird it’s not something to see much of in game tape. Not sure what to make if it, expect to call it a risk. At #6, go with safe.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Herbert demonstrated very good touch at the combine, weird it’s not something to see much of in game tape. Not sure what to make if it, expect to call it a risk. At #6, go with safe.
      I agree..... in 4 years at oregon, he rarely showed touch...... but when a guy was open his bullet passes got there in a hurry....... problem with Hebert is when you watch entire games, he does not really throw consistently accurately ....... highlight films hide/dont show all of the bad throws, bad decisions.... etc.....

If we miss out on Burrow and Tua, then If we have to gamble on a QB, I would gamble on the upside and more natural passing of Love who actually has shown lots off touch in real games......and he can do it while running for his life(good skill for playing with chargers OL)....

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I would rather take Love than haskins...... haskins has no accuracy...... Love actually has touch(which Hebert does not have), mobilty, and a strong arm..... he just needs work on decision making ...

If we cant get Burrow or Tua, then at least Love has some actual upside. compared with all the other remaing QB's..... unfortunately we probably have to take him at 6 because CAR, OAK, TB, INDY, JAX, NE, need QB's... and will trade up for them.....
        Are you judging Haskins on his rookie year or his college career. He completed 70% his season at the OHSU.
        He was a 1 year wonder just like Burrow, who couldn’t beat him out.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I agree..... in 4 years at oregon, he rarely showed touch...... but when a guy was open his bullet passes got there in a hurry....... problem with Hebert is when you watch entire games, he does not really throw consistently accurately ....... highlight films hide/dont show all of the bad throws, bad decisions.... etc.....

If we miss out on Burrow and Tua, then If we have to gamble on a QB, I would gamble on the upside and more natural passing of Love who actually has shown lots off touch in real games......and he can do it while running for his life(good skill for playing with chargers OL)....
          Pass. There is no upside for taking him. Better to get a bluechip defender at #6. I think three QB's will be off the boards with herbert going to miami at #5. The wild card in all this is if detroit decides to draft him as a replacement for stafford.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Pass. There is no upside for taking him. Better to get a bluechip defender at #6. I think three QB's will be off the boards with herbert going to miami at #5. The wild card in all this is if detroit decides to draft him as a replacement for stafford.
            If that is the case you get the Best Player available if it is Simmons not sure where we would play him at we already have a stud at SS in James Far as QB, I think Hurts in the 3rd round it is too risky of a chance on any of the other QB's in the second round.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

If that is the case you get the Best Player available if it is Simmons not sure where we would play him at we already have a stud at SS in James Far as QB, I think Hurts in the 3rd round it is too risky of a chance on any of the other QB's in the second round.
              Easy answer. Anywhere on any play.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Easy answer. Anywhere on any play.
                could you play him over the nose? Because thats the defense's biggest weakness
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I would rather take Love than haskins...... haskins has no accuracy...... Love actually has touch(which Hebert does not have), mobilty, and a strong arm..... he just needs work on decision making ...

If we cant get Burrow or Tua, then at least Love has some actual upside. compared with all the other remaing QB's..... unfortunately we probably have to take him at 6 because CAR, OAK, TB, INDY, JAX, NE, need QB's... and will trade up for them.....
                  IMO, it's far easier to correct the mechanics needed to throw a touch pass than bad decision making, and in fact Herbert has been working with a QB coach since the end of the season on this very item - and it shows.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I just don’t want any QB who played in a clean pocket, cuz not NFL reality outside of NE.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

could you play him over the nose? Because thats the defense's biggest weakness
                      I do not agree that NT(as we don’t play a true NT) is valuable PON and is far down my list. You can get 2 down quality run stoppers late or UDFA.
                      Im a proponent of signing M. Pierce in FA long term for that answer of a proven player that will play limited snaps at a reasonable cap $ for his limited role.
                      We’ve invested heavily draft wise at DT/DL as a whole. We have 3-1st rounders, 1-2nd rounder, 2-3rd rounders, & 2-7th rounders currently on the roster with the vast majority 27 or younger.
                      Is Brown or Kinlaw worth a first rounder/top 10? FUCK YES! If you want the prospect that has the superior ability to 2-Gap that is Kinlaw, who is also the better pass rusher at this point.

You are correct though. Simmons cannot effectively play SDE or DT as far as I know. He hasn’t aligned there so still up for discussion...:sigh:

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Lol apes.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Jeremiah mocking Mekhi Bechton to us at #6...LOL... Rivers would be:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X