Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Los Angeles
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Jets are looking at QBs.
    Giants are oogling Herbert.

Ha ha...sure...it's true...it's true.
    Id take Sam Darnold off their hands if so.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Id take Sam Darnold off their hands if so.
      Hmm - interesting if they really want Tua. Not for the 6th pick. 37 at best

Darnold was not picked by Gase

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hmm - interesting if they really want Tua. Not for the 6th pick. 37 at best

Darnold was not picked by Gase
        Ive watched all his games at SC and really wanted to sell the farm for him when he came out. I think with a little polishing and a shit ton of weapons we have he can light it up in our offense. Id give up the 37 pick for him in a heartbeat and we keep our 6th and draft either an OT or Simmons. Geez just the idea of that got me all excited LOL.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I think his game will take a big leap with some real coaching. The physical tools are all there.
          If that’s all it took,
          If pigs could fly,
          We’d have 12 SB trophies
          From that Leaf guy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Ive watched all his games at SC and really wanted to sell the farm for him when he came out. I think with a little polishing and a shit ton of weapons we have he can light it up in our offense. Id give up the 37 pick for him in a heartbeat and we keep our 6th and draft either an OT or Simmons. Geez just the idea of that got me all excited LOL.
            I doubt it happens - but yes, if the Jets really want Tua (and the Jets need something to market and I think Tua does that over Darnold) - I would give up the Chargers 2nd this year and possibly even a future pick for Darnold.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

It’s hard to find a consensus among evaluators about how to stack the top tackles in the 2020 NFL Draft.

But one former General Manager believes the best tackle available this week isn’t in the draft at all.

Via Scott Allen of the Washington Post, former G.M. Scot McCloughan (who now consults for multiple teams) said that wantaway Washington left tackle Trent Williams is better than any of the group including Mekhi Becton, Tristan Wirfs, Andrew Thomas, or Jedrick Willis.

He’d be the first tackle taken this year in the draft, hands down, . . . even at his age,” McCloughan said during an interview on Team 980. “You know what you got. You bring him in, you’re going to get three to four years out of him, and it’s going to be Pro Bowl years. He’s legit one of the top five tackles in the NFL, hands down, right now. … He’s a great guy and a great teammate. Players love being around him.”
              if we miss on an early OT, I’d throw a late draft pick out there for him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I think his game will take a big leap with some real coaching. The physical tools are all there.
                It's his head. He is a smart dude and that's why I say the wonderlic means nothing for football.

He doesn't process fast enough when to throw a WR open or into a zone or read a defense. Things don't get slower in the NFL.
                He is going to take some time. If Eason had Herberts wheels I'd rather have him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

if we miss on an early OT, I’d throw a late draft pick out there for him.
                  The salary is a bit of an issue since the Chargers truly have about 8m of space and his contract is 12m - that being said, that can be worked around - but if you can afford him for the next 3-4 years combined with maybe trading a 3rd and another pick - I would be okay with Trent.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The salary is a bit of an issue since the Chargers truly have about 8m of space and his contract is 12m - that being said, that can be worked around - but if you can afford him for the next 3-4 years combined with maybe trading a 3rd and another pick - I would be okay with Trent.
                    3 years, 36 million. Id be happy with that. Even a little more. But not with throwing a high pick at him too.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If that’s all it took,
                      If pigs could fly,
                      We’d have 12 SB trophies
                      From that Leaf guy.
                      Sometimes it is.:shrug:

He has a better arm and is more athletic than either Burrow or Tua.:shrug:

And Leaf was a head case and everyone knew it except for our beloved Bolts.:shrug:

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's his head. He is a smart dude and that's why I say the wonderlic means nothing for football.

He doesn't process fast enough when to throw a WR open or into a zone or read a defense. Things don't get slower in the NFL.
                        He is going to take some time. If Eason had Herberts wheels I'd rather have him.
                        I don't necessarily disagree. Although I don't think that he's as far off as some of y'all are acting. And unlike the couple of issues he does have, you can't "coach up" size, arm strength and mobility. And I do find it rather funny that you're using his intelligence as a negative.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

3 years, 36 million. Id be happy with that. Even a little more. But not with throwing a high pick at him too.
                          He's currently due $13.6 for this season. I highly doubt he takes any less than that.

I do like him as a player, but not at the price he's likely seeking.

Comment

Working...
                          X