• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Per rotoworld, Miami doesn't want Herbert...and may not even select Tua...have an eye on Andrew Thomas. For what its worth, probably just smoke...but if other teams are convinced Miami is out of the running, and won't be outbidding them(which they could probably do to anybody) those teams may be the sources of all these calls to the Skins and Lions.
    They could always grab Love with one of their later 1st's and let him sit behind Fitzmagic for a year. They have tons of options with the collection of picks they have.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

That is in fact what was suggested...still could be smoke...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Far as I'm concerned, anybody else picking Love is a good thing...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• RageTheory
          Gilbride Era Survivor
          • Apr 2020
          • Tulsa, OK
          • Send PM

Far as I'm concerned, anybody else picking Love is a good thing...
          sorry, new here.. "Love" = Tua..?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RageTheory View Post

sorry, new here.. "Love" = Tua..?
            No...Jordan Love, the consensus #4 QB in the draft. Boom or bust prospect who threw almost as many interceptions as TDs last year, after having a spectacular season the year before. Scares the hell out of me, so that is why I would prefer someone else draft him, so we won't. Possibility I may have to become his biggest fan, lol...Lynn likes him some mobile QB...and Love fits the bill, with a really talented arm. But no idea if he can actually read and react to defenses.

Comment

• RageTheory
              Gilbride Era Survivor
              • Apr 2020
              • Tulsa, OK
              • Send PM

No...Jordan Love, the consensus #4 QB in the draft. Boom or bust prospect who threw almost as many interceptions as TDs last year, after having a spectacular season the year before. Scares the hell out of me, so that is why I would prefer someone else draft him, so we won't. Possibility I may have to become his biggest fan, lol...Lynn likes him some mobile QB...and Love fits the bill, with a really talented arm. But no idea if he can actually read and react to defenses.
              yikes.. sorry, he is so far down my Value/Expected (43/19; net -24) draft board I had forgotten about him.
              Almost think he is riskier than the second tier QBs, but yeah someone will fall for him (just cannot imagine TT unless he gets a HUGE deal on him, e.g trade down w/many picks and he is there)

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

He did have 9 new offensive starters and new offensive coordinator in 2019 (who got fired). Just saying.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Chargers have to probably do everything they can do to draft Tua. Should we take the view that the league will do everything in their power to allow Tua to be a star player, Tua in LA makes the most sense in the big picture? No?

Plan B if they can't pull it off is bring in Cam? right?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                    Chargers have to probably do everything they can do to draft Tua. Should we take the view that the league will do everything in their power to allow Tua to be a star player, Tua in LA makes the most sense in the big picture? No?

I say negative on bothTua and Cam.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I’ll say a big fucking NO to both.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

My problem with Love is he hasn't shown he is anything more than a talented Avatar. Good staff, good scheme...calling the right plays....recievers that get open...and yea, Love will get the ball there. But when you get the wrong play call, or you don't get your matchup, or the reciever just can't get seperation...Love will get the ball there as well...for the defender to pick off. He doesn't show decision making after the snap...goes with the play sometimes regardless...that could be the sign of someone who can't see the field well, or how the defenders are moving/reacting to the play.

Honestly, I would rather it be a "what the hell" and chuck it attitude he had, cuz he had his eye on the horizon, because of the big shake up there. I think Lynn can smoke that attitude out of him, instill discipline into his game...and he will have a humble year or two to catch on...but I fear the problem may be deeper than that. But I reckon NFL talent evaluators know more than me. No reason for us to take him at #6...but if we do take him later, I'll be an instant fan of J-Love(Catchy, huh?)...but I will also be crossing my fingers that they really did their homework on him.

One last thing...Justin Herbert, whom all will acknowledge(even his supporters) has some holes in his game? Outperformed Love, side by side, in the Senior bowl week of practices...the Senior Bowl itself, and the combine...by my eye, and by pundits and media.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’ll say a big fucking NO to both.
                          I get the BIG NO! What I think about is if this all goes south, Lynn and his staff go. The Chargers are more or less saying OK Lynn Tyrod is your guy! At least make the playoffs this year, or it is time to move on. I like where we are at as a franchise. It is put up or shut up this season. Another losing season will not be OK.

Comment

Working...
                          X