• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Two of the most iconic Charger players in their history were picked at #5. Can they get a franchise player at #6 this year? I’m waiting
    Jammer was the 6th pick I think -- but yes, if Simmons is there, just take him and be done with it. Truly. If Tua is the pick - well at least Daniel Jeremiah thinks highly of him so that would be a positive. Herbert at 6 - too me, thats a reach, trade with Tampa - and take Herbert at 14 if you really want Herbert.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

I was just listing the #s. If Simmons or Brown are not there maybe an option if they could still get a top OT. Maybe trade back up. We do have a few needs to fill.
      I forget about Brown - for me this is a two prong draft
      1) I think Herbert at 6 is a reach
      2) I think Simmons at 6 is a no brainer

If Simmons is gone, and Telesco doesn't take Herbert at 6 - I am good with mostly anything. Even WR at 6.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not enough.
        #6 nets you an elite prospect.
        #18/#26 do not.
        Pay the piper or sit back and wait your turn.
        We as fans think there will be an elite prospect at #6...what if the team and TT thinks the elite prospects are all gone at #6? What if they have near equal grades from there til the end of round 1? TT has been on record that he thinks the first round is deep in talent...that was my thinking in dreaming up this scenario. Simmons is gone, Thomas and Tua are to Miami, they don't want Herbert...Okuda to the Lions...so if they don't love Brown or one of the other tackles, why not move back? Just an idea...
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

We as fans think there will be an elite prospect at #6...what if the team and TT thinks the elite prospects are all gone at #6? What if they have near equal grades from there til the end of round 1? TT has been on record that he thinks the first round is deep in talent...that was my thinking in dreaming up this scenario. Simmons is gone, Thomas and Tua are to Miami, they don't want Herbert...Okuda to the Lions...so if they don't love Brown or one of the other tackles, why not move back? Just an idea...
          If there’s enough in return, sure, would not be a bad move. (a second late round pick in the 1st works for me if it’s Hurts..)

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

I’d consider moving back if Miami’s ‘21 first was somehow involved. They will likely finish in “Trevor” territory with that roster

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

IF Love has the right stuff it won't matter, he'll sit a year behind Tyrod, and next season he'll start if we don't win the superbowl.
              There's very little chance that we won't win the super bowl! :woot:
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

The latest CBS mock has this trade. I think its possible. Chargers trade up and get a 5th year option on a mobile QB. Thomas taken at 6. I’d be ok with this.

Round 1 - Pick 25

Jordan Love QB
                UTAH STATE • JR • 6'4" / 224 LBS
                PROJECTED TEAM

L.A. Chargers
                PROSPECT RNK

19th
                POSITION RNK

4th
                The Chargers passed on a quarterback at No. 6 to take an elite tackle, and that's caused two QBs to tumble further than people expect. And the Chargers themselves are the beneficiary, packaging No. 37 and 71 to get to this spot for Love, who can sit and learn for a year as the team goes with Tyrod Taylor in 2020
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  The latest CBS mock has this trade. I think its possible. Chargers trade up and get a 5th year option on a mobile QB. Thomas taken at 6. I’d be ok with this.
                  I see a trade back into the end of the 1st as a real possibility if they don't go QB @ 6. That 5th year option is huge, especially when you're drafting a potential project.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Somebody on twitter posted QBs for Oregon that have went pretty higher recently: Mariota, Harrington and Akili Smith

I get Herbert is not those guys - but is Herbert and the Oregon QBs successful because of the system - weaker PAC 12 plus good WRs and RBs around the QB

pass on Herbert at 6 please!

Comment

• Silversurfer
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Los Angeles
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I could be wrong but I feel like Love is gone by then.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        If Miami and the Bolts are having conversations, as posited by the Miami Herald...that could bring up an interesting trade scenario I considered back when we still had Rivers....The fins other 2 first rounders for our #6. Word is, per rotoworld, that Miami is torn on Tua vs Andrew Thomas. What if we offered them the opportunity to get both?

Not sure that would be enough for me, but TT does like the depth in the first round...if Simmons were gone, would you do this trade? 18 and 26 for 6?

Personally, I would want them to throw in 56...or at least 70 to boot...but if Simmons is gone, our eye is on the second tier QBs(or no QB)and we also like the second tier OTs? Might think hard about that trade...

18. Henry Ruggs WR
                        26. Jaylon Johnson CB
                        37. Niang/Jones/Jackson/Prince OT
                        70. Hurts/Eason/Fromm QB
                        71. Taylor/Dobbins/Akers RB

Seen worse scenarios....
                        Id love to pick at 18 and get Ezra Cleveland. Then Love at 26. Hell yes I’d do that trade.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          Somebody on twitter posted QBs for Oregon that have went pretty higher recently: Mariota, Harrington and Akili Smith

I get Herbert is not those guys - but is Herbert and the Oregon QBs successful because of the system - weaker PAC 12 plus good WRs and RBs around the QB

pass on Herbert at 6 please!
                          Each of those Oregon QB's had a different HC and a different OC.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X