• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    My problem with Love is he hasn't shown he is anything more than a talented Avatar. Good staff, good scheme...calling the right plays....recievers that get open...and yea, Love will get the ball there. But when you get the wrong play call, or you don't get your matchup, or the reciever just can't get seperation...Love will get the ball there as well...for the defender to pick off. He doesn't show decision making after the snap...goes with the play sometimes regardless...that could be the sign of someone who can't see the field well, or how the defenders are moving/reacting to the play.

Honestly, I would rather it be a "what the hell" and chuck it attitude he had, cuz he had his eye on the horizon, because of the big shake up there. I think Lynn can smoke that attitude out of him, instill discipline into his game...and he will have a humble year or two to catch on...but I fear the problem may be deeper than that. But I reckon NFL talent evaluators know more than me. No reason for us to take him at #6...but if we do take him later, I'll be an instant fan of J-Love(Catchy, huh?)...but I will also be crossing my fingers that they really did their homework on him.

One last thing...Justin Herbert, whom all will acknowledge(even his supporters) has some holes in his game? Outperformed Love, side by side, in the Senior bowl week of practices...the Senior Bowl itself, and the combine...by my eye, and by pundits and media.
    IF Love has the right stuff it won't matter, he'll sit a year behind Tyrod, and next season he'll start if we don't win the superbowl.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

FFS... Not a single one of those were even close to being in the same situation. :sigh:

Gordon didn't leave for less money, he wasn't offered shit, last years offer was no longer on the table and he wasn't gonna get anything more than what Denver threw at him.

Pouncey got released.

And NE refused to pay Brady what he's getting now.

Let me remind you that your original argument was that $12mil was "market" for a top notch LT. I've offered several examples as to why that's not the case, and all you have to offer is your uniformed opinion and a bunch of apples to oranges arguments. $12mil isn't the market price for a top end starting LT just because you want it to be. Deal with it...:shrug:
      Time will tell. Maybe even by Sunday. But Williams loses value every day.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

TT likes his big picks to have a long college career performing at a high level. A one year wonder QB? Maybe, but I think not. A QB with no real post season accolades and holes in his game? Meh, nope. A fragile QB? Definitely not! (but could see it..)

There aren’t really any QBs in this draft that have a consistently high level of play over their 4 year college career...except one.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Jake Fromm ?

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            Jake Fromm ?
            He won what?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

I thought it was about high level of play !

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                I thought it was about high level of play !
                He was in the running for a Heisman?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Not that much !

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He did have 9 new offensive starters and new offensive coordinator in 2019 (who got fired). Just saying.
                    Not allowed to make excuses for the lack of talent and coaching surrounding a QB because it apparently isn't supposed to matter to an elite QB.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I get the BIG NO! What I think about is if this all goes south, Lynn and his staff go. The Chargers are more or less saying OK Lynn Tyrod is your guy! At least make the playoffs this year, or it is time to move on. I like where we are at as a franchise. It is put up or shut up this season. Another losing season will not be OK.
                      gonna be curious to see how Lynn & Co. fare.... he canned Whizzymoto, got Derwin and a coupla few others back, and after one good game, finished out the season unceremoniously, which @least speaking for myself was not wholly expected ??

as said @least a few times, do think he has some Doc Rivers to him, and of whom I was completely soured on his nepotism/loyalty, and wonder how that might sit w/others if Lynn shows those tendencies again this season ??

he won quite a few in that one stretch (w/Rivers eye might add), and now things are getting thorny (aka not exactly coming up roses....)
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not allowed to make excuses for the lack of talent and coaching surrounding a QB because it apparently isn't supposed to matter to an elite QB.
                        No, he’s still elite, just a dumbfuck.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

AL, Welcome to the NFL with an average QB. Good luck to you. And to us.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X