• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Forget the trade down - you have your pick of blue chip players at 6. No matter who you think the teams above us will pick, they can only take five guys off the board.
    Stay at 6 and get a stud!
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      Somebody on twitter posted QBs for Oregon that have went pretty higher recently: Mariota, Harrington and Akili Smith

I get Herbert is not those guys - but is Herbert and the Oregon QBs successful because of the system - weaker PAC 12 plus good WRs and RBs around the QB

pass on Herbert at 6 please!
      Always a losing effort trying to extrapolate a players potential based on other players who went to the same school, under completely different coaching staffs. :facepalm1:

The same argument could be made as to why to stay away from Tua, as Alabama hasn't put out a single decent starting NFL QB under Saban's tenure. And that is over the course of one coaching regime, not several different ones, as is the case with Oregon.:whistlin:

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Each of those Oregon QB's had a different HC and a different OC.
        It never ceases to amaze me that this gets lost on people.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Always a losing effort trying to extrapolate a players potential based on other players who went to the same school, under completely different coaching staffs. :facepalm1:

The same argument could be made as to why to stay away from Tua, as Alabama hasn't put out a single decent starting NFL QB under Saban's tenure. And that is over the course of one coaching regime, not several different ones, as is the case with Oregon.:whistlin:
          thats true - all very true and over a 20 year period from Smith to Herbert -

I am still nota fan of Herbert at 6 - I like him more in the teens. Especially if Simmons is on the board and if the Boloney Anonymous List of Telescos prospects are right. Simmons at 3, Herbert at 13

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Forget Saban. How many 1st round QB”a have come out of Bama in last 20 years. Can’t count Tua since he’s had exactly Zero snaps in the NFL. Now look at Oregon

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not enough.
              #6 nets you an elite prospect.
              #18/#26 do not.
              Pay the piper or sit back and wait your turn.
              Agree, i wouldnt trade down that far.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

thats true - all very true and over a 20 year period from Smith to Herbert -

I am still nota fan of Herbert at 6 - I like him more in the teens. Especially if Simmons is on the board and if the Boloney Anonymous List of Telescos prospects are right. Simmons at 3, Herbert at 13
                Sorry, but I find it funny that anyone thinks that list has any validity.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Sorry, but I find it funny that anyone thinks that list has any validity.
                  I saw it but it was reasonable based on what have seen across many mock drafts in that Tua was ranked around 5-7 and Herbert was in the teens.

The one player, Espensa at 12 - was a bit higher than many others so who knows

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I saw it but it was reasonable based on what have seen across many mock drafts in that Tua was ranked around 5-7 and Herbert was in the teens.

The one player, Espensa at 12 - was a bit higher than many others so who knows
                    Believe what you want, but sort of info doesn't get leaked.

Comment

• BlackMamba
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

If Tua is there at #6 and we pass on him, leading to him falling to the Raiders' lap, we're gonna be sitting here in a few years cursing the Chargers FO for passing on two franchise QBs in a 3-year span with both of them ending up on division rivals. Don't make the same mistake twice, PLEASE. I won't be upset if Miami takes him at #5, but if they don't and we also pass on him, that's easily my most crushing draft scenario.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Forget the trade down - you have your pick of blue chip players at 6. No matter who you think the teams above us will pick, they can only take five guys off the board.
                        Stay at 6 and get a stud!
                        Worth saying again!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

If Tua is truly a franchise QB - I doubt the Jags let him go past 9 as they need a franchise QB too.

Thats why Telesco has to do his homework, make sure Tua or even Herbert is the right guy if he takes them. And doesn't take them because the Chargers "NEED" a QB.

As much as I want Simmons - if Tua is the pick -- so be it. Sign Jason Peters maybe to be a bridge LT and just rounds 2 on go best player available as you need WR, LB, CB, more OL depth.

Comment

Working...
                          X