• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Worth saying again!
    But what if at 6 - you have multiple players with similar grades, especially the OT - and you can move back to take advantage of a team wanting to move up and get more draft picks.

My guess a draft board has two things: 1) slotting by groups, meaning there are tiers of players 2) the difference between picks is not the same meaning Burrows is a 8.0 and Chase Young is 7.8 and Simmons is 7.6 - there might be clusters together

So if at 6 your top tiers are gone and you can get more picks and still get a group of players who are ranked pretty closelike 7.25 to 7.30 - that might be the way to go.

I do know at 6 - if one of your top 3 players are on the board - you take that player

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post
      If Tua is there at #6 and we pass on him, leading to him falling to the Raiders' lap, we're gonna be sitting here in a few years cursing the Chargers FO for passing on two franchise QBs in a 3-year span with both of them ending up on division rivals. Don't make the same mistake twice, PLEASE. I won't be upset if Miami takes him at #5, but if they don't and we also pass on him, that's easily my most crushing draft scenario.
      man, my jaw half hit the floor in disbelief when we tabbed DJ Fluker instead of Star Lotulelei…. my word,

(was originally afraid we might repeat the same mistake this draft and go Jedrick Wills rather than Derrick Brown.... could still happen
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

If Tua is there at #6 and we pass on him, leading to him falling to the Raiders' lap, we're gonna be sitting here in a few years cursing the Chargers FO for passing on two franchise QBs in a 3-year span with both of them ending up on division rivals. Don't make the same mistake twice, PLEASE. I won't be upset if Miami takes him at #5, but if they don't and we also pass on him, that's easily my most crushing draft scenario.
        The Raiders wont draft a QB and Tua will go to the Panthers or Jax if we pass. Maybe even the Falcons. Ryan is getting up there but they need defense badly.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Tua is still a risky pick due to all the injuries. I think he's very good and could be a top NFL QB, but he could miss a lot of time too.

As for the raiders, I can't see a need at QB for them. I think Derek Carr is under-rated by many and they added a back-up with experience as a starter.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Getting a multi year all pro would make up for tor losing Tua.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Getting a multi year all pro would make up for tor losing Tua.
              I agree. If the Chargers take Tua even with Simmons on the board - fine

But if Tua is not an option at 6 (Miami did pass Tua at the combine in terms of a physical), Simmons, Okudah, Brown or OT should get you a REALLY good player

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

From Ian Rapoport @RapSheet:

Sources: The #Dolphins have called the teams in front of them for a possible trade up from No. 5 and are gauging the price to come up to No. 3 to potentially take an offensive tackle. We could see a run on tackles in the Top 10 like never before.

This could be interesting - if Tampa wants a tackle - they might have to move up; same with Cleveland. Arizona is there at 8 but I think they would go Brown first and foremost. Very interesting that both Tua and Simmons could be sitting there at 6 as if Miami goes OT, NYG might go OT, Detroit probably goes Defense and that leaves the Chargers at 6

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                  Day One...
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Brentwood, 94513
                  • Send PM

Hurry up, cause my obsession with the possibility of Simmons is taking over. Bosa and Simmons one side, Ingram and James on the other. Vice versa. Bosa Ingram on one side, James and Simmons on the other. As vital as Phillips was on defense, replacing him with Simmons would be huge. Sprinkle in some White, Tranquil, Adderley...

Again, I'll understand if we go Tua. But franchise qb will be there every year, there are even some on the streets right now. But when or how many times do you see a lockdown defense. I already expect our defense to be stellar. We have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Geez, we can see something we have never seen as a Charger fan. If Fouts had this defense....

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

We as fans think there will be an elite prospect at #6...what if the team and TT thinks the elite prospects are all gone at #6? What if they have near equal grades from there til the end of round 1? TT has been on record that he thinks the first round is deep in talent...that was my thinking in dreaming up this scenario. Simmons is gone, Thomas and Tua are to Miami, they don't want Herbert...Okuda to the Lions...so if they don't love Brown or one of the other tackles, why not move back? Just an idea...
                    Then TT/staff should not be talent evaluators.
                    Trading back should be on the table but we better extort a hefty price.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Ah the hindsight/potential hindsight game. I’m good at that too. Can I play?
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                        Hurry up, cause my obsession with the possibility of Simmons is taking over. Bosa and Simmons one side, Ingram and James on the other. Vice versa. Bosa Ingram on one side, James and Simmons on the other. As vital as Phillips was on defense, replacing him with Simmons would be huge. Sprinkle in some White, Tranquil, Adderley...

Again, I'll understand if we go Tua. But franchise qb will be there every year, there are even some on the streets right now. But when or how many times do you see a lockdown defense. I already expect our defense to be stellar. We have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Geez, we can see something we have never seen as a Charger fan. If Fouts had this defense....
                        If the pick is Tua even with Simmons on the board - I can kind of get it -- he is the potential franchise QB . Herbert - maybe a little lower

But Simmons to me makes the defense top notch, versatile and a chance to be one of the best in the AFC or NFL.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Then TT/staff should not be talent evaluators.
                          Trading back should be on the table but we better extort a hefty price.
                          It seems like everybody wants to trade down (ARI, CAR, DET, WAS)
                          Could it cause a falling value ?

Comment

Working...
                          X