• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    There is a report from Dan Sileo that the Chargers are in trade talks with Bengals for the #1 pick along with a few other teams
    Offer the Bungles our 1st this year, 2nd next year, and throw in Jatavis and Dzoobie to sweeten the pot...

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

That is a surprise but would be great news if the Chargers ownership finally wants to do the right thing.......

any links to that report? or was it just mentioned on radio?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

That is a surprise but would be great news if the Chargers ownership finally wants to do the right thing.......

any links to that report? or was it just mentioned on radio?
        This worries me
        im not claiming to know how good or bad JB will be as a pro, but competing against so many teams to move up is the kind of risk that can deplete our resources indefinitely if we “win” the trade
        the upside is a future HOF quality qb on said depleted roster
        Gracias but No gracias
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

its more about the system fit........ for example, Rivers would not have done well in KC because reids system requires a mobile QB who can roll out and buy time for receivers to get wide open......

Brees would not have fit with Norv's offense.....

Tannehill is not great but got better when he had a RB running for 150 plus yards per game....

Oregon QB's are good in that system and because they never play against good defenses...... same true with oklahoma QB's and Texas tech QB's..... mahomes is only exception to that and its because he is better and because he is with Reid who is running a perfect system that takes advantage of that mobility...... and strong arm.....
          I’m not 100% with everything you’re saying but I really appreciate your attention to qb fits
          I think it’s an under-rated part of the equation
          I think qb fits will be more and more important as college qbs typically aren’t exposed to pro offenses
          Good gms commit to a qb or qb style and build around that
          fortunately for us Lynn and telesco seem to be on the same page in what they want from future qbs
          mobility, minimum turnovers, play within the system
          my assumptions
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            There is a report from Dan Sileo that the Chargers are in trade talks with Bengals for the #1 pick along with a few other teams
            Offer them nick dzubnar; dangle easton stick if the Bengals play hardball.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I’m not 100% with everything you’re saying but I really appreciate your attention to qb fits
              I think it’s an under-rated part of the equation
              I think qb fits will be more and more important as college qbs typically aren’t exposed to pro offenses
              Good gms commit to a qb or qb style and build around that
              fortunately for us Lynn and telesco seem to be on the same page in what they want from future qbs
              mobility, minimum turnovers, play within the system
              my assumptions
              A game manager with mobility? You don't have to break the bank for that guy.

Forget qb and load up at the other positions: defenders & road grading olinemen to run block

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

A game manager with mobility? You don't have to break the bank for that guy.

Forget qb and load up at the other positions: defenders & road grading olinemen to run block
                And you’re the Colts. Hello 7-9

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

I don't think there's any way they give up Burrow, but you have to make the call to see what they want. If I'm them, I ask for 2 1sts, 2 2nds, Mike Williams, M. Ingram, Sproles, Rodney Harrison, Gary "Big Hands" Johnson, Ron Mix, the San Diego Chicken, the cannon & a box of those Charger Power shirts... The yellow ones....

& I would still toss & turn every night until draft day debating on pulling the trigger. I think the kid could be that good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't think he had a good enough year for Chucky's liking. I hope he trades for Cam. That's a minimum of 5 turnovers for us next year.
                    Carr has more talent than any QB Gruden's ever had.. Gannon had the one good season and Johnson rode a #1 defense to a SB.

Gruden is the king of scrub QB signings. I hope he signs Cam as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I don't think there's any way they give up Burrow, but you have to make the call to see what they want. If I'm them, I ask for 2 1sts, 2 2nds, Mike Williams, M. Ingram, Sproles, Rodney Harrison, Gary "Big Hands" Johnson, Ron Mix, the San Diego Chicken, the cannon & a box of those Charger Power shirts... The yellow ones....

& I would still toss & turn every night until draft day debating on pulling the trigger. I think the kid could be that good.
                      I don't put anything last the Bungals. They have one of the WORST owners.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Some have speculated about Burrow pulling an Eli Manning noting that Jordan Palmer is training Burrow and Jordan’s brother Palmer was infamously critical of the Bengal organization on his way out.
                        but I agree, if I’m the Bengals, Burrow makes too much sense on/off the field. If I get a call from Burrows people saying they’ll re-enter the draft, I’d call their bluff and draft/trade him anyway.
                        SOMEONE will offer me a small treasure on draft night.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Some have speculated about Burrow pulling an Eli Manning noting that Jordan Palmer is training Burrow and Jordan’s brother Palmer was infamously critical of the Bengal organization on his way out.
                          but I agree, if I’m the Bengals, Burrow makes too much sense on/off the field. If I get a call from Burrows people saying they’ll re-enter the draft, I’d call their bluff and draft/trade him anyway.
                          SOMEONE will offer me a small treasure on draft night.
                          I'm not sure how the points system works for trades. Would swapping 1s, our 2 this year & our 1 next year, in theory, get it done?

Comment

Working...
                          X