or a chef on Fear Factor
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Derwin James ran a 4.47 at the combine at 217 lbs , had a 40" vert and also an 11' broadjump. Simmons is a little faster at 4.39 at 238 lbs also with about the same vert and broadjump.
      great explosion numbers.

Would love to see how Gus could use him IF we don't go QB. We will still get an OT in the draft, I'm sure if it. I'd be ok with one in round 1 too just would like to see 3 stud players in our defense in Bosa, Derwin and Simmons.....and maybe, just maybe Ingram will wake the hell up too.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Derwin James ran a 4.47 at the combine at 217 lbs , had a 40" vert and also an 11' broadjump. Simmons is a little faster at 4.39 at 238 lbs also with about the same very and broadjump.
        great explosion numbers.

Would love to see how Gus could use him IF we don't go QB. We will still get an OT in the draft, I'm sure if it. I'd be ok with one in round 1 too just would like to see 3 stud players in our defense in Bosa, Derwin and Simmons.....and maybe, just maybe Ingram will wake the hell up too.
        I think more highly of SUPAMEL but agree with our potential DEFENSIVE TRIPLETS!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

I have been out of town and out of pocket since last Monday. I see Simmons did nothing to change my vote on drafting him, but now I fear he is gone by 6. I feel sorry for Jake Fromm from what I have read. He should have stayed in school.........

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If he keeps Mebane this year - when he SHOULD have been cut last year - TT is in over his head and his evaluations are not good or the SPanii are involved
            I think DAvis should be released
            Pouncey

The good thing about the top of the draft - the Chargers could use every player
            CB - Okudah
            DT - Brown!
            Defense - Simmons!!!!*****!!!!!!
            OL - take your pick
            QB: Herbert or Tua

Telesco just needs to do his job in free agency understanding he knows who he plans on picking at 6. I don't trust him at all. He will keep Mebane, probably Davis - but will see what he does.
            I think who he takes at 6 all depends on if he signs someone before then. If he signs a credible starting IDT, I’ll stop pimping Brown. Brown is a multiplier for the entire defense but if they even get to a competitive level inside the DL, he can focus elsewhere. No doubt we need a new franchise QB - the ultimate multiplier and #1 on every team
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think who he takes at 6 all depends on if he signs someone before then. If he signs a credible starting IDT, I’ll stop pimping Brown. Brown is a multiplier for the entire defense but if they even get to a competitive level inside the DL, he can focus elsewhere. No doubt we need a new franchise QB - the ultimate multiplier and #1 on every team
              Brown would make Tillery actually look kind of good...and Brown would make Bosa look like a monster...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Brown would make Tillery actually look kind of good...and Brown would make Bosa look like a monster...
                Thats my thinking on the topic. If Tillery and Bosa start getting to the pocket faster, all of the DBs suddenly look magically better as well. There’s obviously several very good options at 6. If Herbert were still there, I’d take him and forget all other nonsense. Otherwise, I think Brown or OT.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I’m softening on Herbert at 6, those touch passes were eye-opening. Maybe he was coached to throw bullets? But I think TT/Lynn are going big D.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Willie Gay flamed his 40.
                    Is Gay related to William Gay of Hoover High School / USC / Detroit Lions William Gay?

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Tua at #6: we can practically demand what we want in a trade, do it.

Mebane: he was our best DT last year, no contest. Yes some of the young guys are progressing, but why you guys wanna cut the best player we have at a talent-depleted position??
                      PFF disagrees.

They ranked Broughton, Square, Jones and Williams above Mebane (overall score). Broughton and Williams you can write off because it was just a few snaps, but Square had a similar number of snaps and Jones a larger number.

I would also disagree in terms of talent. All the younger DL are more "talented" than Mebane, but they lack the positional skills and fundamentals. Those things improve with time. At his stage of his career, Mebane will continue the decline that he has faced since he was in Seattle.

I agree that he is still a somewhat useful player, but his biggest asset is that he is a good meeting room guy, at a position that is full of very young players.
                      Last edited by Steve; 03-01-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Is Gay related to William Gay of Hoover High School / USC / Detroit Lions William Gay?
                        No clue buddy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats my thinking on the topic. If Tillery and Bosa start getting to the pocket faster, all of the DBs suddenly look magically better as well. There’s obviously several very good options at 6. If Herbert were still there, I’d take him and forget all other nonsense. Otherwise, I think Brown or OT.
                          To me, free agency has to be OL or IDL. I know CB is a need but to me, not bigger than finding a big dude on the interior DL and adding to the OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X