• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    What do you think of D. Jeremiah's last mock ?
    1. Burrows
    2. Young
    3. Okudah
    4. Wirfs
    5. Herbert
    If that happens, I will be very nervous.
    If Miami passes on Tua, the Chargers will pass on Tua.

There is a great deal of similarity in how GMs assess risk.
    The risk would be too great at #5/6. Less so further down.

Tua will not be a Charger. I'd be happy if the Fish choose Herbert.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Fromm = Drew Brees 2.0
      Jake Fromm Statefarm is the next Brees?

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If Miami passes on Tua, the Chargers will pass on Tua.

There is a great deal of similarity in how GMs assess risk.
        The risk would be too great at #5/6. Less so further down.

Tua will not be a Charger. I'd be happy if the Fish choose Herbert.
        Here's the other thing with Tua if you draft him top ten. His fifth year option will be astronomical compared to drafting him at 11. You sit him for the first season and then get some success out of him as QB. Do you want to pay him $30 mill for his fifth year? I'd rather see the chargers move down with a trade partner to #13 or #14 etc. and if he's still on the board fine. Haven't we learned enough from Verret and Ryan Mathews? Players with injury histories do not get better....
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Here's the other thing with Tua if you draft him top ten. His fifth year option will be astronomical compared to drafting him at 11. You sit him for the first season and then get some success out of him as QB. Do you want to pay him $30 mill for his fifth year? I'd rather see the chargers move down with a trade partner to #13 or #14 etc. and if he's still on the board fine. Haven't we learned enough from Verret and Ryan Mathews? Players with injury histories do not get better....
          If you’re paying that fifth year option, odds are that things are working out just fine for that top 10 pick. Whoever we end up with, I hope that four years from now we’re paying the guy and bitching about TT getting his extension done. Don’t worry, the Bears aren’t gonna be worry about paying Tribisky’s option a year from now.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post

A franchise QB will win significantly more games for the Chargers over his career than a great LB/S/whatever hybrid would. I'll take my chances on the former, even if it's not guaranteed, it's just worth the risk IMO.
            I'll take a HOF player anytime regardless of position. If there's a good chance of getting one at 6, take him. Tua, Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Thomas appear to have that potential. Tua is an injury risk that many teams are allegedly unwilling to take. Gimme one of the other 4 in the above order, or Tua if they absolutely believe in him and we're ready to go with TT for a year.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

If you’re paying that fifth year option, odds are that things are working out just fine for that top 10 pick. Whoever we end up with, I hope that four years from now we’re paying the guy and bitching about TT getting his extension done. Don’t worry, the Bears aren’t gonna be worry about paying Tribisky’s option a year from now.
              It's just incredibly risky on all levels given that some of the second rounders Like Hurts, Eason, Love might have better overall careers given they're available to play. With that bears offense Dan Marino would have a hard time making anything happen let alone a young insecure QB.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's just incredibly risky on all levels given that some of the second rounders Like Hurts, Eason, Love might have better overall careers given they're available to play. With that bears offense Dan Marino would have a hard time making anything happen let alone a young insecure QB.
                first name Jacob,

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'll take a HOF player anytime regardless of position. If there's a good chance of getting one at 6, take him. Tua, Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Thomas appear to have that potential. Tua is an injury risk that many teams are allegedly unwilling to take. Gimme one of the other 4 in the above order, or Tua if they absolutely believe in him and we're ready to go with TT for a year.
                  stick w/the bolded, and.... Isaiah.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    We will probably gain that many wins just based on the fact that we lost so many close games last year, and the historical fact that bad luck in close games doesn't happen to the same team (or good luck) 2 years in a row.
                    Our league fewest defensive takeaway number combined with 3rd most offensive turnovers may have stimulated the bad mojo. Being relatively avg in those areas would have probably resulted in 3-4 more wins.
                    IMO we have that covered with the current roster if most of the key starters play most of the season. If we score an impact starter and some useful others in the draft, I'll be thinking +5 or 6.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Telesco has heard all of your collective concerns

fortunately he understands that being a real GM in it’s nature is a duty of constant risk assessment.
                      we fans can mock safe drafts all we want without the pressure to produce results.
                      in real life, he has one opportunity to build a winning team post-Rivers era and by far the most important piece is thy mighty franchise quarterback.

Telesco has been given the green light to make it happen and will roll with a Tua with an injury history over a Taylor with an average history.

it will be very difficult for me to be disappointed tomorrow regardless of who we draft but there’s a bug chance many of you will be disappointment if/when we draft Tua.

I ask that we handle our disappointment responsibility and support this kid as I know we can. Send out positive mojos, stay optimistic and enjoy the ride.
                      if we fail, there will be ample time to piss and moan and throw this shit in my face (I’m not going anywhere anytime soon).

boltup brothers (and sister)
                      like way up.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

fortunately he understands that being a real GM in it’s nature is a duty of constant risk assessment.
                        we fans can mock safe drafts all we want without the pressure to produce results.
                        in real life, he has one opportunity to build a winning team post-Rivers era and by far the most important piece is thy mighty franchise quarterback.

Telesco has been given the green light to make it happen and will roll with a Tua with an injury history over a Taylor with an average history.

it will be very difficult for me to be disappointed tomorrow regardless of who we draft but there’s a bug chance many of you will be disappointment if/when we draft Tua.

I ask that we handle our disappointment responsibility and support this kid as I know we can. Send out positive mojos, stay optimistic and enjoy the ride.
                        if we fail, there will be ample time to piss and moan and throw this shit in my face (I’m not going anywhere anytime soon).

like way up.
                        You confuse disappointment with concerns. Again my biggest concern with Tua is him not being able to stay on the field and a cut short career.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

like way up.
                          I hate to say this...I'd rather trade this years 6th pick for next years 1st and 2nd rounder for the trevor lawrance sweepstakes if they're contemplating this stupidity. 2 1sts and 2 2nds should get us to the promised land. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                          X