• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Taking Jordan Love at #6? Why? I;d rather have Hurts at #37.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

When you are picking as high as #6, you want to either get the QB of the future, or a perennial all pro. I figure Herbert will be there, with an outside chance someone takes Herbert over Tagovailoa, and Tua comes to LA.

If neither of them are there, that means either someone traded ahead of us for a QB, or someone like the Skins, who already have a QB in Haskins, decided one of this years prospects (Tua?) was just too good to pass up...

So in this scenario, you now you have 3 QBs in the top 5, plus you know someone is gonna take Chase Young. That leaves 1 team, probably the Giants, left to pick the remaining unknown. They probably take an olineman, they sure could use one, and the talent is there...but they could also opt for Simmons, or even smarter, trade out to someone who wants Simmons.

So what I am setting up here is a worst case scenario, where we can't get a QB or Simmons. So what do we do?

Some would argue that we should stay there and take BPA. If you think Okuda will be a perennial all pro...sure, make the pick. I guess I could live with that. Otherwise, I hope like hell we trade back. I used to be high on Brown...but I think it is more about what he could do for the Chargers as a need filler, than the fact that he is a special player. I think he is gonna be good....but I pump the brakes on "special"...especially after an average combine performance.
      I also really like some of the OTs...but there is depth in this class, and not a lot of seperation between the top tier and second tier guys, IMO. If you really want one of the top 4, you can trade back a ways and still nab one I think...Thomas, Whirfs, Becton, Wills....

Worst case scenario, you come out of day 1 with no QB, no extra picks, and Jeffrey Okuda...I wouldn't be mad...mildly disappointed we couldn't get more done, but in the above scenario, I don't see how we could have done better...at least not without trading up.

Actually, worst case scenario would be if we reached for a QB anyway and took Jordan Love...at #6, that would suck.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        When you are picking as high as #6, you want to either get the QB of the future, or a perennial all pro. I figure Herbert will be there, with an outside chance someone takes Herbert over Tagovailoa, and Tua comes to LA.

If neither of them are there, that means either someone traded ahead of us for a QB, or someone like the Skins, who already have a QB in Haskins, decided one of this years prospects (Tua?) was just too good to pass up...

So in this scenario, you now you have 3 QBs in the top 5, plus you know someone is gonna take Chase Young. That leaves 1 team, probably the Giants, left to pick the remaining unknown. They probably take an olineman, they sure could use one, and the talent is there...but they could also opt for Simmons, or even smarter, trade out to someone who wants Simmons.

So what I am setting up here is a worst case scenario, where we can't get a QB or Simmons. So what do we do?

Some would argue that we should stay there and take BPA. If you think Okuda will be a perennial all pro...sure, make the pick. I guess I could live with that. Otherwise, I hope like hell we trade back. I used to be high on Brown...but I think it is more about what he could do for the Chargers as a need filler, than the fact that he is a special player. I think he is gonna be good....but I pump the brakes on "special"...especially after an average combine performance.
        I also really like some of the OTs...but there is depth in this class, and not a lot of seperation between the top tier and second tier guys, IMO. If you really want one of the top 4, you can trade back a ways and still nab one I think...Thomas, Whirfs, Becton, Wills....

Worst case scenario, you come out of day 1 with no QB, no extra picks, and Jeffrey Okuda...I wouldn't be mad...mildly disappointed we couldn't get more done, but in the above scenario, I don't see how we could have done better...at least not without trading up.

Actually, worst case scenario would be if we reached for a QB anyway and took Jordan Love...at #6, that would suck.
        Yes, it would. Way to fricken high and why the media is pumping him is beyond belief. If herbert is on the board take him. If Tua is on the board trade out to someone we can rape (Jerry Jone). Take Hurts at the bottom of first round.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

You just contradicted yourself.
          You may not like Love as a prospect but it’s plausible that he turns out to be a franchise qb simply because he has the requisite physical talent.
          in that case, spending a sixth would be a steal.
          I can’t think of a single year where the qbs panned out in order drafted, if so, must be very rare.

I wouldn’t bet on it but would anyone really die of shock if Love were to justify pick 6 overall?
          especially considering the recent trends at qb?
          surprised? Yes.
          shocked? Nope.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You may not like Love as a prospect but it’s plausible that he turns out to be a franchise qb simply because he has the requisite physical talent.
            I can’t think of a single year where the qbs panned out in order drafted, if so, must be very rare.

I wouldn’t bet on it but would anyone really die of shock if Love were to justify pick 6 overall?
            surprised? Yes.
            shocked? Nope.
            Didn't contradict myself....I said that that pick should be an all pro, or the QB of the future...I don't believe Love is either. I believe my last statement that post makes it clear.

Are there prospects worth gambling on in later rounds, who might turn into franchise guys? Sure...Hurts comes to mind. Not crazy about Love, but I would put him in that category as well. But not at #6.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Lone, this is one of my biggest questions, the amount of dropoff from the Big 4 OT's and the rest of the pack. If the dropoff isn't that much, and guys like Austin Jackson and Joshua Jones would still be solid, and still available @37, I might consider a trade down, but preferably no more than 3-4 spots. If we could pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder in this deep draft, it would really help us fill some holes at not only OT, but DT, LB, CB, WR, RB....and so on...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Didn't contradict myself....I said that that pick should be an all pro, or the QB of the future...I don't believe Love is either. I believe my last statement that post makes it clear.

Are there prospects worth gambling on in later rounds, who might turn into franchise guys? Sure...Hurts comes to mind. Not crazy about Love, but I would put him in that category as well. But not at #6.
                Ah, the hits keep coming: "Crazy Little Thing Called Love!!!"

Sorry, just couldn't resist...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                  I’ve mentioned him before but again gentlemen meet JEREMY CHINN!

He is my small school Derwin/Isaiah Simmons. Can play FS, SS, NCB, BCB, & WILL.
                  4 year starter, ELITE BALLSKILLS = 13 INTs, HITTER that tackles, PRO READY INSTINCTS, elite range, tough, leader.

JEREMY CHINN

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
                  S
                  DB40 Prospect Info

COLLEGE
                  Southern Illinois
                  HOMETOWN
                  CLASS
                  Fishers, IN
                  Senior
                  HEIGHT
                  WEIGHT
                  ARMS
                  6' 3"
                  221 lbs
                  32 1/8”
                  HANDS
                  9 5/8” Prospect Grade

HOW WE GRADE
                  i
                  VIEW ALL PROSPECTS

Combine Results
                  u-unofficial
                  40 Yard Dash
                  SECONDS

Bench Press
                  REPS

Vertical Jump
                  INCHES

Broad Jump

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jeremy...b-1e6fa9b75e74
                  Here's the Draft Network take on Chinn. Maybe bulk him up and turn him into a LB and use for coverage?

image.png

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    maybe, just maybe Ingram will wake the hell up too.
                    Pro Football Focus - NFL League Leaders in Pass Rushing

1) JJ Watt
                    2) Joey Bosa
                    3) Melvin Ingram

Whatever name you care to mention, Melvin was better than any of them. Melvin ranked in the Top 3 in the league. You don't like the guy, that's fine but it is clouding your judgement, as he is producing on the field. I posted the article with the rankings on this forum and I cannot find it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

surprised? Yes.
                      shocked? Nope.
                      I'm done if Love is the pick at #6.

It would just be a matter of waiting for Telesco and Lynn to be fired; and then returning just to look at the dead carcass of an organization
                      out of mild curiosity more than anything else.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Pro Football Focus - NFL League Leaders in Pass Rushing

1) JJ Watt
                        2) Joey Bosa
                        3) Melvin Ingram

Whatever name you care to mention, Melvin was better than any of them. Melvin ranked in the Top 3 in the league. You don't like the guy, that's fine but it is clouding your judgement, as he is producing on the field. I posted the article with the rankings on this forum and I cannot find it.
                        I do not believe that. He had 7 sacks. There are two guys that had 19 and others that had twice as much as him.
                        I'm sure sacks aren't the only criteria for this and not sure how PFF came to that conclusion but some of their stuff is questionable.
                        There were games Mel was invisible.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's the Draft Network take on Chinn. Maybe bulk him up and turn him into a LB and use for coverage?

image.png

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/j...inn/LBtJPoKRIv
                          Play him @FS in base and anywhere/everywhere other times.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X