• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sb4Rivers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Who will develop this new QB?

if Lynncant even control WHiz, Rivers or rest of rest of Team, how will he develop a QB?

he has problenpms calling players and clock Mgmt.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
      When does the NFL announce the compensatory picks?
      we were scheduled/hoping for a fourth rounder for Tyrell according to some, and.... others counter that our signing of Tyrod will cancel that out >> no comp picks for LAC.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

so addressing the Burrows burough here.... most of you assuredly feel he'll be an NFL starter.... will he be a Pro Bowler.... an All Pro ?? and how sure are you 'bout that ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Would have been nice to have drafted Dre Greenlaw. We still need that monster in the middle. Perryman ain’t it, TD ain’t it.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            so addressing the Burrows burough here.... most of you assuredly feel he'll be an NFL starter.... will he be a Pro Bowler.... an All Pro ?? and how sure are you 'bout that ??
            Watch him play, Beach...I haven't been this impressed with how a QB plays, in all aspects of the game, in a long time...and against the best teams in the country. He doesn't have the best arm, he isn't the most accurate, he isn't the best runner....but he is pretty darn good at all of it, and doing all of it at the right moments, and making sound decisions...he has the tools and intangibles. I have witnessed it. We wont be drafting him...Bengals will...but as much as you can be sure a QB will have success in the NFL from watching them play? Burrow has it.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Watch him play, Beach...I haven't been this impressed with how a QB plays, in all aspects of the game, in a long time...and against the best teams in the country. He doesn't have the best arm, he isn't the most accurate, he isn't the best runner....but he is pretty darn good at all of it, and doing all of it at the right moments, and making sound decisions...he has the tools and intangibles. I have witnessed it. We wont be drafting him...Bengals will...but as much as you can be sure a QB will have success in the NFL from watching them play? Burrow has it.
              I would agree and add that he spots people open consistently (of course). You have both praised and damned him in a certain sense: you've painted a picture of him being a high floor, but lower ceiling type of a guy than one would like. He'll be good, but how good? Does he get rid of the ball quickly? No! Can he consistently complete tough throws in a crumbling pocket where he can't fully step into the throw? We don't know!

I am asking a lot; but the burrow hype train is projecting so much, that they would have us sell our mom (& a few sisters) to get him.

Peyton Manning was the best of the very few whose mental aspect of the game was so great, they good overcome those type of limitations.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I wish there was more film on Burrow in a crappy pocket.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I have also witnessed this majesty. "Best" arm is a bit subjective but he has a massive and fine arm capable to make every throw, he is accurate on both short and deep routes. Dude plays cool as the back side of your pillow on a winter night ... has advanced ability to check down to 2nd, 3rd, even 4th route options as needed. He moves well in the pocket and will get the occassional running first down, but he is a decidedly a pro style pocket passer - which many here assert can and will never go out of style.

... That said - i'd rather have Lawrence.

:More Q Please:
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    Its tough to say. This same question came up on one of the NFL shows. They were comparing Burrow to Trevor Lawrence.

They talked about some of the downsides of Burrow.
                    • He's essentially a 1 year wonder at this point
                    • Sat on the bench for two years at Ohio State and could not beat out JT Barrett. Urban Meyer who has a pretty good eye for QB's kept Barrett as the starter over Burrow.
                    • Played last year for LSU but was very average. Not great, not terrible.
                    • Burrow's career did not take off until this season when they brought in a new OC this season. The new OC seemed to open things up so Burrow could flourish. So this is his first really good year.
                    • They talked about his build. He has a slight build and is not a very big guy. Said he looks more like a waiter than an NFL QB.
                    Those are the facts. How good he will be in the NFL is anyone's guess.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I think Burrow is the deal. I don't care Urban kept with Barrett - they were practically undefeated in that span so its no surprise he wouldn't change his QB. I don't care if LSU OC installed the Unicorn Offense, it was Burrow making all of the reads and throws. He dropped some amazing deep balls into tight coverage on a dime in the game last Saturday. I saw several LSU games this year where he did the same. He's got a strong presence on the field, he's the General and in charge. But the "how good he will be in ..." - i guess that applies to every player ever seen, so it applies to him.

I'd invest in trenches and make a big run at Lawrence in '21 - i'd even tank a year to get him. he's the shizzle. nobody does that of course and LAC won't given their move to Kronk Palace and already pathetic #Fight4LA problem. they can't wait a full year, they can't even wait until next September - they need to MAKE SOME NOIZE in LA!

Tua scares me. the hip is an important bone, i think. Not that they aren't all important but its literally pivotal. he still hasn't declared though most expect he will. I definitely can see LAC taking him for some sizzle splash, and I can also see him still being there at 6. Its actually a relatively good bet vs the complete crap shoot that is guessing TT/JJ's mind.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We can talk about Burrow all day but he IS a Bengal, wild chance a team like Miami trades the farm - but WE are not that team.

And no team will ever tank for a year on purpose, moving into a new stadium, really? More unicorn thinking.

At #6 it’s a QB like Tua or Herbert, or OT then start thinking about a trade up for ??? I really think QBs will be going like hotcakes late in the first...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Yeah it's funny seein all this energy bein put into a QB we ain't gettin lol.How bout we focus on the QBs that we might be able to get and trying to decide if those ones are worth such a high pick instead of drooling over somebody else's future QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X