image.png

image.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

how much of Herbert's perceived deficiencies was due to Oregon's offense? I'm not sure he won't be better than expected. I'd rather have him than Love based on my uneducated viewing but you guys are much smarter.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        how much of Herbert's perceived deficiencies was due to Oregon's offense? I'm not sure he won't be better than expected. I'd rather have him than Love based on my uneducated viewing but you guys are much smarter.
        I second this. Why do you think Miami is slotted to draft him and not Tua. Crap if Tua doesn't get drafted by #6 I'd rather take a chance on him at #6. Both Tua and Love are expected to have to sit out one year. Burrows and Herbert are not. But, then again this is charger management and they do solidly 50% things I really dislike.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Here's what I think - he was in love with his arm strength and loved firing the ball. His deep passes at Oregon we almost always thrown on a line which often prevented WR's from catching up to them.

What I think changed is he started reading all the reports on his throwing style (and being a smart young man) and decided to start easing up and putting some air under it.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Here's what I think - he was in love with his arm strength and loved firing the ball. His deep passes at Oregon we almost always thrown on a line which often prevented WR's from catching up to them.

What I think changed is he started reading all the reports on his throwing style (and being a smart young man) and decided to start easing up and putting some air under it.
            So he’s able to adjust based off of feedback?
            nice.
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Hebert's short passes were also bullet passes..... he won the bowl game as a big fast running QB, not by passing well.......

Easy to lob balls to receivers at a combine when there is no pass rush and there are no defenders covering......

Remember that combine is about what a good athlete you are....there is no decision making, no defense, ....etc..... QB's need to be studied in real games against real defenses.......

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

he's a very smart guy. not that this guarantees a star in NFL, but NFL QB is a job where intelligence will most definitely help. I only watched a couple Ducks games, and i'm not expert at deciphering their offensive scheme. but it just doesn't seem as QB-friendly a scheme as, say, LSU? maybe i'm just a moron.

Then again, these things are not mutually exclusive. I could be right and still be a moron
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

he's a very smart guy. not that this guarantees a star in NFL, but NFL QB is a job where intelligence will most definitely help. I only watched a couple Ducks games, and i'm not expert at deciphering their offensive scheme. but it just doesn't seem as QB-friendly a scheme as, say, LSU? maybe i'm just a moron.

Then again, these things are not mutually exclusive. I could be right and still be a moron
                  Well you are not. LSU changed schemes when they hired Joe Brady (why Panthers hired him as OC). This more than anything else is the reason for Burrow’s success his senior year when he was a marginal college QB until this season.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Hebert's short passes were also bullet passes..... he won the bowl game as a big fast running QB, not by passing well.......

Easy to lob balls to receivers at a combine when there is no pass rush and there are no defenders covering......

Remember that combine is about what a good athlete you are....there is no decision making, no defense, ....etc..... QB's need to be studied in real games against real defenses.......
                    Using this criteria, nobody should draft Love then because his decision making is awful.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Using this criteria, nobody should draft Love then because his decision making is awful.
                      He had worse options than Rivers last year. On a college team. Had more Ws. Not sure poor decision making is what’s going on, and if it is we’re living in the definition of a glass house lol.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

According to Pro-Football-Reference’s combine results play index, these are the people who have run a sub-4.4 40-yard dash at 6’4-6’5 and between 230-250 lbs:

Calvin Johnson, 2007: 6’5, 239 lbs, 4.35 40-yard dash

Isaiah Simmons, 2020: 6’4, 238 lbs, 4.39 40-yard dash

That’s it.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan