• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

huh.... ?? which my guys did I mention/pimp ?? and I bolded Hurts (and Morgan) cuz eye thought him/them a more likely pick than your Herbert or other people's Tua…. pure speculation after reading between the lines/listening to Telesco.

and Brown wouldn't spell Joseph, he'd spell Jerry or Justin @the 3T.

and why are you so keen to trade down.... team TommyJohn's drafting record of success drops accordingly to where slotted, and.... are you sure that @least one of the four OTs doesn't turn out to be a dud, and.... if you trade down, aren't you more likely to end up w/the short end of the straw there ??

and gonna disagree.... Brown improves the D (much) more than Simmons.... that's been our problem/downfall: the neglect of the IDL in lieu of the back seven.
    Not if we don't trade down too far. Maybe Jax wants Herbert at#6. Can still get a OT and don't agree. Simmons helps more in my view.

We have Linval and a Tillery should be better. You would have us drafting OL or DL in the first round every year....... Which isn't a bad thing but sometimes you just have to go with who can help you more if the QB you like isn't there.

Trading down a bit, getting one of the OT isn't a bad thing.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Simmons will absoluty make the defense better than Brown, who will not start over Linval. NTs aren't every down players in a passing league.

For me it's Simmins or trade down. But if they draft Tua or Herbert , i guess I'd be ok but not what I would do. But of course I'll defer to them.

Sounds like beach heard what he wanted to rather than what TT said by continuing to mention HIS guys lol. If we go QB lower my guess the floor is Hurts and not Fromm or Morgan.

Won't be long now.
      We generally play a 4 man DL. Brown & Linval can be the 2 man middle with one 0 tech, one or both 1, 3 tech. Two good-very good DTs can be VERY disruptive. And, of course the edge rush gets more one on ones and the QB has to get the ball out or eat it.
      ---Not that I don't like Simmons or Okudah. Odds are good that we can choose one. It depends on what the board looks like when Bolts are on the clock.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Not if we don't trade down too far. Maybe Jax wants Herbert at#6. Can still get a OT and don't agree. Simmons helps more in my view.

We have Linval and a Tillery should be better. You would have us drafting OL or DL in the first round every year....... Which isn't a bad thing but sometimes you just have to go with who can help you more if the QB you like isn't there.

Trading down a bit, getting one of the OT isn't a bad thing.
        and of course the assumption is that you wouldn't bust (would you ? ….do you ever

and re: OL/DL.... think you're pretty much right after scrolling down thru Telesco's drafts, albeit wouldn't be bothered w/the selection of Lamb this year, and did make the case for Swift @6 as well:

Tillery << OC Erick McCoy
        Derwin << OT Isaiah Wynn
        MW << OT Ryan Ramczyk/DT Malik McDowell
        Bosa << DT A'Shawn Robinson/OT Jason Spriggs (trade down ?)
        MG3 << OL Cam Erving (trade for Mariota and Tevin Coleman)
        Verrett << LB Trent Murphy/OT Morgan Moses, DL Ra'Shede Hageman/TE Austin Seferian Jenkins (tough year.... trade down options ?)
        Fluker << NT Star Lotulelei
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• alex8080
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Lol, sorry don't agree. Costello is transferring next season to Miss st. He was ok the season before but hurt last year. So why the transfer? Unless he balls out,...is he anything more than Herbert? Or Fromm?. Newman needs to really step it up next season.

Ehrlinger is ok,...maybe can elevate himself as a first round pick with a great year. Lawrence is the crown Jewel next season and Fields would be next if he don't have a down year.

Still like this class better. We aren't going to get Lawrence.
          lol,
          costello is moving on to leach after playing for shaw.. watch his stats lol
          newman had a good year at wake and is the number 1 grad transfer in the ncaa. lol
          if you watch a texas game you see the leadership, toughness, football player ehrliger is. those are the qualities everyone talks about here. lol

this year you have teams shitting because they don't want to make a mistake draft whomever is the @2 qb. lol

Comment

• alex8080
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post

lol,
            costello is moving on to leach after playing for shaw.. watch his stats lol
            newman had a good year at wake and is the number 1 grad transfer in the ncaa. lol
            if you watch a texas game you see the leadership, toughness, football player ehrliger is. those are the qualities everyone talks about here. lol

this year you have teams shitting because they don't want to make a mistake draft whomever is the @2 qb. lol
            with that said, it would be hard for lac to pass on a qb at 6 unless they bottom in 2020. i don't think they will

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Not only talent, but that system Herbert played in was a fucking dumpster fire.
              Its such a fine line to determine if once the player gets the big money under the NFL spotlight, will he be able to take his game to the next level. To say as a matter of fact Herbert will be this or he will be that is just an opinion at this point, because how could we be possibly know?

A whole lot of people said the Raven's Jackson was going to not have the right stuff to make it at the pro level. They really focused on his completing % at the college level, well they were wrong. See what I mean?

Comment

• Boltup90
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Adam Schefter reported that the Jaguars have discussed trading Fournette in addition to Yannick Ngakoue.

Is Fournette worth a 4th round flyer?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Its such a fine line to determine if once the player gets the big money under the NFL spotlight, will he be able to take his game to the next level. To say as a matter of fact Herbert will be this or he will be that is just an opinion at this point, because how could we be possibly know?

A whole lot of people said the Raven's Jackson was going to not have the right stuff to make it at the pro level. They really focused on his completing % at the college level, well they were wrong. See what I mean?
                  Greg Cosell went into great detail, predraft, about what was deficient.

Lamar was standing too straight--poor mechanics will destroy accuracy.

To Lamar's credit, he is working very hard,
                  constantly seeking improvement.

This QB class has work to do also, across the board.

It's all projection.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Just saw some video of Jonathan Taylor. He seems able to make decisions quicker than MG, which tells he probably has better vision. Not sure he's as explosive at the top end but did notice his ability to step out of shoe string tackles, something MG never seem to do.
                      Most boards showing him going in the 2nd, maybe 3rd. Not sure I'd be comfortable taking him that high. But if he makes it to the 4th........

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltup90 View Post
                        Adam Schefter reported that the Jaguars have discussed trading Fournette in addition to Yannick Ngakoue.

Is Fournette worth a 4th round flyer?
                        No. Attitude is shitty, and will be expecting his big payday soon. You want that type of back, pick up AJ Dillon at the top of the 4th.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Greg Cosell on Simmons

Comment

Working...
                          X