• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

When he takes off, similar scrambling style us all, but yeah, not advised lol. Just pointing out, Hurts is a different beast when he runs.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      we don't have a need, we have desire @WIL.... we have four of 'em…. Drue, Vigil, Kyzir and Malik Jefferson, and most of those guys have or can play @least one of the other LB designations.

and guessin' that two of the four OTs will be off the board @6, as don't think Miami is going QB either.... hopefully Wills is one of the two off the board.... if Thomas is the other OT off the board, am obviously ok w/Wirfs, and as.... however much eye like him, think it would be a mistake to pass on an OT for WR, or any other position for that matter.

will repeat.... Tristan hedges our bets short term at three positions in question on the Oline…. LG, RT, LT, and long-term he gives us options @every position save for the OC.

or as I like to say.... you don't frost a burnt cake.

we can keep drafting frosting in the form of your fave wunderkid LB/S or the next great Chargers receiver, or.... we can get our chit together/take care of our biz and build the darn !ines.

….(every darn round
      Wirfs is the most gifted OL athlete. Period. Becton is surprisingly athletic for a 6-7, 360lb man. Wills is probably the best blend of desirable OT characteristics. Thomas is in the discussion for 2020 best OT.
      2020 has strong 1st rd OT talent with 4+ rounds of prospects.
      Implying that great defensive players are just decorative frosting is kinda funny. Like a Lombardi Trophy is just decorative frosting.
      "Defense Wins Championships"
      That said, I also favor strong lines. OL & DL are absolutely critical. #6 should be the most talented player available, Position building should be filled out throughout the draft & FA.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Simmons,Okudah,or A.Thomas with the 6th would be my preference.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why do you put Kyzir or Malik at WILL? Is that their position or is Kyzir our SAM and Malik is a practice squad guy the organization thinks of as a developmental MIKE?
          have got them behind both Drue and Vigil, albeit Malik is clearly better served by playing WIL, even tho Telesco said he'd prolly primarily be @MIKE, and again according to Telesco, they were very high on Jefferson, who was drafted day two.... personally have questions 'bout him and am not willing to count on him anywhere on the LB corps, and.... that said, just listing where these guys overlap, as Telesco also mentioned Kyzir as prolly still able to play WIL, albeit he is our SAM atm.... bottom line is we have alotta bodies @LB.... (just like @3T as Jolt and others have mentioned), and.... because of that, and as these guys for the most part are serviceable/rotational players, don't think you can call it a (pressing) need, and yeah.... of course, who wouldn't want to upgrade there and most anywhere ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I keep forgetting about Eason as I don't think his mobility or some lack of puts him on Lynn's radar
            However, be has a good arm and if he has just enough for them to be able to avoid some pressure he could be a surprise pick.

A real surprise for me but I'd say he has a better chance than say Fromm. Rather have him than Love.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-19-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Good choices. I'd add Brown & Wills is my fav OT but no complaints with your guys.
              Two, maybe three QBs will go before we are on the clock at #6.
              The Bolts will have to make a difficult choice between exceptionally talented options.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Revised

#6 Tua Tagovailoa
                #37 Austin Jackson OT USC
                #71 Cam Akers RB FSU
                #112 Van Jefferson WR Florida
                #151 Jack Driscoll OT Auburn
                #186 Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
                #220 Tanner Muse LB Clemson

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Revised

#6 Tua Tagovailoa
                  #37 Austin Jackson OT USC
                  #71 Cam Akers RB FSU
                  #112 Van Jefferson WR Florida
                  #151 Jack Driscoll OT Auburn
                  #186 Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
                  #220 Tanner Muse LB Clemson
                  I like this mock -- good work

I still want Simmons but this would be an excellent draft

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    I believe that is my 3 pack too followed by who fell.........???

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

If Simmons is gone, and we can't find a partner to trade down, I'd be happy with Thomas at 6.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        If Simmons is gone, and we can't find a partner to trade down, I'd be happy with Thomas at 6.
                        This is what I am thinking too. And I would be okay with Brown or Thomas at 6 - but if can get back to 9 or 10 (maybe the BRowns really want OT) - Chargers can get another 3rd round and maybe a 5th or something.

Comment

• RageTheory
                          Gilbride Era Survivor
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Tulsa, OK
                          • Send PM

Gut feeling? Raiders are the ones who released Tua's Wonderlic "score" to get him to fall to 1.12
                          But that may just be the Coryell Era in me..

Comment

Working...
                          X