Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
    There isn’t an elite QB in this class.
    Burrow looks to be the top QB. This class is certainly better than last year's class at the top and lower rounds. I'm just not enamored by Herbert but id like to be.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Burrow looks to be the top QB. This class is certainly better than last year's class at the top and lower rounds. I'm just not enamored by Herbert but id like to be.
      Easily the top QB. Been saying it for a while now. Was really hoping TCU would come back and force Hurts to win it. I want to see his resolve. Not that i question his fight. Hes made some dumb mistakes tonight. He looks off with Lamb. Overthrowing him twice. He doesnt miss those. Lamb needs to relax he has a hot head and lest his emotions get the better of him. His body language says a lot.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Easily the top QB. Been saying it for a while now. Was really hoping TCU would come back and force Hurts to win it. I want to see his resolve. Not that i question his fight. Hes made some dumb mistakes tonight. He looks off with Lamb. Overthrowing him twice. He doesnt miss those. Lamb needs to relax he has a hot head and lest his emotions get the better of him. His body language says a lot.
        Yes not his best game, and he runs a lot. He wasn't awful though.

Herbert.... His stats are again misleading. He had 310 yards but threw 2 costly INTs had a 3rd dropped.
        His 2nd TD was a 2 yard short pass that his WR ran in from 18 yards out. When he threw down field he wasn't very accurate. Completed 55% of his passes.

Now the AZ st QB ( Daniels) is a freshman. Has a slight build but one to keep an eye on. He threw for 408.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Its too bad Jalen Reager plays at TCU. This kid rips. He would easily have Lamb type production on the Sooners. He probably drops but i think this guy has 1st round talent. And serious world class speed. He will make a nice deep threat but hes an all around good WR. Good routes. Can line up XYZ. Can run. Good ball awareness. Great hands. Put this kid on a team with a QB and watch out.

3rd round cluster of WRs will probably look really good. Id look in that area for a WR. Get really good value. You're drafting your #3 WR but he is such a good value in that he has a chance to become a #2 or #1 in time. With relative ease.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
            There isn’t an elite QB in this class.
            So, Pac, if they're not elite, how would you grade the following QB's, using grades of very good, good, average or below average:

Tua
            Burrow
            Herbert
            Eason
            Hurts
            Newman
            Fromm
            Love

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I’m watching the Hawaii Aztec game ... that HI QB is throwing the ball well.

Edit: until he threw a few off target and a pick, and coach replaced him in the game. Lol.
              Last edited by dmac_bolt; 11-23-2019, 11:19 PM.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

https://www.fanteractive.com/players/?scoutingReport/Jalen/Hurts/Football/NPrince8/40607/QB

https://nflmocks.com/2019/09/26/2020-nfl-draft-jalen-hurts-scouting-report/4/

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/11/02/midseason-potential-miami-dolphins-draft-prospect-profile-jalen-hurts/

Jalen Hurts, Alabama – QB

The SEC Championship Game savior, Hurts' ability with his legs can buy time in any pocket, as he has recorded 1,313 yards on designed carries in his career at Alabama. He has forced 76 missed tackles as a runner while being more than competent as a passer.
                ~PFF

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/01/jalen-hurts-age-who-is-alabama-quarterback-nfl-draft-news-rumors-highlights-projections-comparison-scouts/

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes not his best game, and he runs a lot. He wasn't awful though.

Herbert.... His stats are again misleading. He had 310 yards but threw 2 costly INTs had a 3rd dropped.
                  His 2nd TD was a 2 yard short pass that his WR ran in from 18 yards out. When he threw down field he wasn't very accurate. Completed 55% of his passes.

Now the AZ st QB ( Daniels) is a freshman. Has a slight build but one to keep an eye on. He threw for 408.
                  I saw a bit of the Oregon ASU game and Herbert is a pass

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I saw a bit of the Oregon ASU game and Herbert is a pass
                    Everyone has a bad game, to be fair...but I kinda agree. Overall, I'm not as impressed as some with young Mr. Herbert. Where is this superb arm talent I'm hearing about?
                    Rather have Jalen Hurts. He makes mistakes too...but overcomes them, and does whatever is needed to win the game.

At this point, I'm not sure there is a guy worth trading the farm away for....except maybe Chase Young. Wow...dude is a monster game breaker. Somebody is going to get a star right there.
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Herbert had a bad night but that shouldn't be seen as the totality of his game. Watch his game tape vs Auburn and last year vs Cal and Vs Auburn. He isn't a #1 overall pick type talent but his physical talent and potential for growth are the most intriguing to me.

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, Pac, if they're not elite, how would you grade the following QB's, using grades of very good, good, average or below average:

Tua
                        Burrow
                        Herbert
                        Eason
                        Hurts
                        Newman
                        Fromm
                        Love
                        Sorry, haven't watched enough of them to know...what my shitty opinion is though on some:

Tua: Scary fucking injur(ies). Do we really want to draft another injured player?
                        Burrow: Not enough information for me yet, but last year's version was not good. I'm going to watch more.
                        Herbert: System QB. Doesn't mean it won't translate, he's big and tall, big arm etc...yeah only about seven of those bomb per year in the league. I probably shouldn't have watched the ASU game.
                        Hurts: I like Hurts but I know his measurables are bad. I also think he's very, very limited throwing downfield.
                        Fromm: No. Classic UGA game manager.
                        Eason: Haven't watched enough, only clips.
                        Newman: Like, huge upside and should be available in round 2 (or later?) Really like this kid, albeit I've only seen a couple games.
                        Love: Haven't watched

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Everyone has a bad game, to be fair...but I kinda agree. Overall, I'm not as impressed as some with young Mr. Herbert. Where is this superb arm talent I'm hearing about?
                          Rather have Jalen Hurts. He makes mistakes too...but overcomes them, and does whatever is needed to win the game.

At this point, I'm not sure there is a guy worth trading the farm away for....except maybe Chase Young. Wow...dude is a monster game breaker. Somebody is going to get a star right there.
                          I've seen Herbert have several bad games. He does have a good arm, he just isn't that accurate throwing down field with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X