• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mocks have us taking Kristen--the other LSU CB in rd 1.

I don't get it...he's a Man CB...we want a Zone CB w/length.
    It could be because of how we use our CBs. In that nickel King/Slot type deal. Lots of money D. They use him both inside and outside. I know CB is a need eventually but if we are top 10 im really hoping for one of those OTs. But yes i agree zone is where he has struggled. But i often wonder if our perimiter coverage is based on player strengths. I think if you have a guy with amazing man skills you can make it work. But he is someone that can take out a slot and line up outside. Thats pretty solid versaitilty when you think of the guys that have beat us in the past. Edelman and Hill. He can be a chess piece type that eliminates those threats.

I see WR in a lot of Mocks. Fuck what is it guys are seeing with this team? OL is killing us. You cant fire off the bullets without the gun. Which is protection.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

I’m all in on Trevor Lawrence now.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        I’m all in on Trevor Lawrence now for 2021.
        There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I AGREE.... Chargers need to pull a newsworthy type of trade....... Bad organizations will take the multiple high picks over the future HOF potential type players....... Burrow could sell out that new stadium........

Chargers, Raiders and Miami should be offering the farm to get the number one pick...... Burrow may be best QB prospect since Payton manning(his mental/character makeup made him a cant miss)..... and Burrow has more/better physical skills.....

Im begging Chargers to bite the bullet and insure a great future for many years...... though cheap spanos will likely choose to go and sign/trade for a not so great QB like Newton, Flacco, .....Carr....... though selfish me me guy newton would love the self loving me me LA culture.......
          Just because I like the guy, doesn't mean I would trade away the future...Cuz that's what the bungles would charge...if they were actually selling...

I'm just giving the kid some respect.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Burrow is from Ohio. He probably wants to play for the Bengals

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fleet, agree 100%. If we can just draft and acquire through FA a couple more players to finally solidify our O-line, if Tyrod or Stick can simply game manage with short to intermediate passes, and NOT force the rock for picks, I honestly think we can make the playoffs. Better chance with Tyrod, because he at least has a lot of starting experience. A LOT of teams have gone to the SB with an average game manager QB who didn't make too many mistakes. Remember Trent Dilfer?
              You are right. There have been like 4 guys like Dilfer that won SBs but those QBs all had the number 1 defenses. Doug Williams was a shit QB IMO but he had a good day behind the 206 career rushing yards by Timmy out of the league soon after Smith.

Then there is Jeff Hostetler and Brad Johnson who mere meager QBs with number 1 D's. Rypien was also mediocre but had a great OL, three very good WRs and a very good defense.

So just having a mediocre QB won't do shit unless Telesco beefs up both trenches big time. I don't have faith he ever will get a steller OL. It's still a team game.
              Get a great QB who can overcome some team shortcomings or a mediocre QB who has a great cast around him.
              Then we still have to avoid phantom PI's in the last 14 seconds. Oh and then there is the Spani's to overcome.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-07-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Burrow is from Ohio. He probably wants to play for the Bengals
                Im from CA and I hate LA. I wouldn't assume that. He went to LSU.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im from CA and I hate LA. I wouldn't assume that. He went to LSU.
                  Only after starting at Ohio Stage and transferring out.

maybe he’ll pull an Eli and say I’m never playing for the bengals

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Only after starting at Ohio Stage and transferring out.

maybe he’ll pull an Eli and say I’m never playing for the bengals
                    Yes he transfered out... To LSU. Could of went elsewhere in OH is my point. Hopefully he does say he won't ay for them lol. But then Miami has a lot of picks to trade.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

You are right. There have been like 4 guys like Dilfer that won SBs but those QBs all had the number 1 defenses. Doug Williams was a shit QB IMO but he had a good day behind the 206 career rushing yards by Timmy out of the league soon after Smith.

Then there is Jeff Hostetler and Brad Johnson who mere meager QBs with number 1 D's. Rypien was also mediocre but had a great OL, three very good WRs and a very good defense.

So just having a mediocre QB won't do shit unless Telesco beefs up both trenches big time. I don't have faith he ever will get a steller OL. It's still a team game. Get a great QB who can overcome some team shortcomings or a mediocre QB who has a great cast around him.
                      Then we still have to avoid phantom PI's in the least 14 seconds. Oh and then there is the Spani's to overcome.
                      Ouch...that sure is a lot to overcome...especially the Spani Hog-tie Operandi...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I AGREE.... Chargers need to pull a newsworthy type of trade....... Bad organizations will take the multiple high picks over the future HOF potential type players....... Burrow could sell out that new stadium........

Chargers, Raiders and Miami should be offering the farm to get the number one pick...... Burrow may be best QB prospect since Payton manning(his mental/character makeup made him a cant miss)..... and Burrow has more/better physical skills.....

Im begging Chargers to bite the bullet and insure a great future for many years...... though cheap spanos will likely choose to go and sign/trade for a not so great QB like Newton, Flacco, .....Carr....... though selfish me me guy newton would love the self loving me me LA culture.......
                        He does remind me a bit of peanut head in certain aspects of his mechanics; and yet, I'm still not sold on him. I like Wirfs/Brown a lot more.

I just don't see Burrow as a fixture in pro bowls like those guys (or Manning).

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Yes he transfered out... To LSU. Could of went elsewhere in OH is my point. Hopefully he does say he won't ay for them lol. But then Miami has a lot of picks to trade.
                          Is there any place else in Ohio with a big time program?

Comment

Working...
                          X