• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    I am now expecting Burrow-QB, Young-DE & Herbert-QB will be off the board before pick #7

One of these prospect will be there at #7

Simmons-LB, Clemson
    Okudah-CB, Ohio St.
    Epenesa-DE, Iowa
    Brown-DT, Auburn
    Jeudy-WR, Alabama
    Thomas-OT, Georgia
    Wirfs-OT, Iowa
    Tua-QB, Alabama

7.Chargers

Tua is a mobile QB, not dual threat running QB.
    He is going to land on his keister a lot. It is a huge concern that he will end up on IR a lot. Just can't draft him that high.

If I am Miami. I call Cin and ask what do they want for the #1 pick.

If I am Chargers. My preference is to move heaven and earth to get the #1 pick.
    But they are unlikely to do that.
    They should draft Herbert if he is still there at pick #7? But I am expecting Burrow to go #1 and Herbert to get taken Pick 2 through 6.
    Herbert has a lot of tools to work with, he put up very good numbers. Oregon changed its HC his 1st 3 seasons. From Helfrich to Taggart to Cristobal.
    And he kept playing well in spite of the different changes. So I think he handles change well and will handle the move to NFL level well.
    I think he is still high on QB needy teams board and will go before pick#7.
    Hebert is a really interesting prospect that I suspect will end up still on the board when we pick. A lot of people seem divided about him being a boom or bust type of player. If we do take him (or any other QB for that matter), are people really sold that our coaching staff is the one to coach him up?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Here's what our draft might look like if we take care of O-line with first 2 picks:

image.png

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Hebert is a really interesting prospect that I suspect will end up still on the board when we pick. A lot of people seem divided about him being a boom or bust type of player. If we do take him (or any other QB for that matter), are people really sold that our coaching staff is the one to coach him up?
        No. But that can’t stop us from picking guys that need coaching.
        Every QB needs quality coaching, in Herbert’s case maybe a bit more.
        system qb in my view and that’s not a criticism necessarily, just needs a good system he can master. Reminds me of Alex Smith.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I can't fathom that the decision to bring back Rivers or let him walk will not be decided long before the draft. It will have a massive effect on what they do.
          Yeah, but...I get feeling Rivers is not gonna want to play here, and the team seems prepared to move on too. Just my gut.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            Here's what our draft might look like if we take care of O-line with first 2 picks:

image.png
            Muti has had season ending surgery early in each of the past 2 years. No thanks and he should go back to school.

Wirfs would be disappointing at #7.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I can't fathom that the decision to bring back Rivers or let him walk will not be decided long before the draft. It will have a massive effect on what they do.
              yeah! Rivers won't be waiting around like Gates to see if he's wanted in L.A.

Chargers won't sign Rivers;
              Lynn will say Tyrod Taylor is the man, and how excited they are to have him;
              they'll draft a qb round #1

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

yeah! Rivers won't be waiting around like Gates to see if he's wanted in L.A.

Chargers won't sign Rivers;
                Lynn will say Tyrod Taylor is the man, and how excited they are to have him;
                they'll draft a qb round #1
                Hard to argue with that after watching Rivers this season.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Couple of guys I'm gonna be watching real hard, in the event Lynn is our guy going forward AND Rivers is coming back...Jalen Hurts in the bowl game vs LSU Saturday, and Jaime Newman vs Michigan State Friday. Hurts is someone I really like, but who I have not seen throw enough...I think Lynn would love to build an offense around him. I would like to see him break out a little, and let em' hang vs LSU. Not just with his legs...I wanna see some accuracy, some pro throws...I already know he can do the improv thing. What I don't want to see, if LSU starts running away with it, is him getting erratic or sloppy...wanna see him keep a cool head and continue to make plays. But I don't want to see him win, lol...I would want to pick him up with our second, or trade back into first.

Newman is a kid with build, tools, and characteristics I like, but he is raw, and there is not enough footage of him...however, there is far more arm talent there than with Stick. If we don't go blue chip QB early, picking this kid up if he falls to the 4th or 5th round might be the way to go...and let those 2 young guys compete. Even if Rivers leaves, let Tyrod take the wheel, and Newman/Stick develop behind him...between the 2, you might get something...or you go after a blue chipper in 2021.

Now, if you are talking blue chip, first round QB...(some might consider Hurts just that, to be fair to him) the lineup includes(according to pundits) Burrow, Tua, and Herbert. I think I know all I need to know about Burrow, and Tua is gonna have to show in workouts in the spring that he has conquered his injuries...but Herbert has underwhelmed everyone. He has a lot of questions to answer...namely, can he take over a game? I don't buy all that Oregon can't produce a QB crap...whether Herbert ends up being a francise QB or not is dependent on qualities he was most likely born with...fast mental processor, rocket arm, steely nerves, desire to win. True, a system can cover up the lack of some of these traits in a QB, by setting them up for success...but a QB that is successful in a "system" doesn't necessarily lack these traits by default. I would like Oregon to take the handcuffs off the kid, and let him go all out vs Wisconsin...and I hope we give him a hard look...cuz there is a lot to like there....but look hard and careful, cuz there is reason to question as well. In this case, maybe Oregons system held him back...we will see.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

No mention of Jacob Eason ? Probably has some of the best pure arm talent of all the qbs including burrow

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      Couple of guys I'm gonna be watching real hard, in the event Lynn is our guy going forward AND Rivers is coming back...Jalen Hurts in the bowl game vs LSU Saturday, and Jaime Newman vs Michigan State Friday. Hurts is someone I really like, but who I have not seen throw enough...I think Lynn would love to build an offense around him. I would like to see him break out a little, and let em' hang vs LSU. Not just with his legs...I wanna see some accuracy, some pro throws...I already know he can do the improv thing. What I don't want to see, if LSU starts running away with it, is him getting erratic or sloppy...wanna see him keep a cool head and continue to make plays. But I don't want to see him win, lol...I would want to pick him up with our second, or trade back into first.

Newman is a kid with build, tools, and characteristics I like, but he is raw, and there is not enough footage of him...however, there is far more arm talent there than with Stick. If we don't go blue chip QB early, picking this kid up if he falls to the 4th or 5th round might be the way to go...and let those 2 young guys compete. Even if Rivers leaves, let Tyrod take the wheel, and Newman/Stick develop behind him...between the 2, you might get something...or you go after a blue chipper in 2021.

Now, if you are talking blue chip, first round QB...(some might consider Hurts just that, to be fair to him) the lineup includes(according to pundits) Burrow, Tua, and Herbert. I think I know all I need to know about Burrow, and Tua is gonna have to show in workouts in the spring that he has conquered his injuries...but Herbert has underwhelmed everyone. He has a lot of questions to answer...namely, can he take over a game? I don't buy all that Oregon can't produce a QB crap...whether Herbert ends up being a francise QB or not is dependent on qualities he was most likely born with...fast mental processor, rocket arm, steely nerves, desire to win. True, a system can cover up the lack of some of these traits in a QB, by setting them up for success...but a QB that is successful in a "system" doesn't necessarily lack these traits by default. I would like Oregon to take the handcuffs off the kid, and let him go all out vs Wisconsin...and I hope we give him a hard look...cuz there is a lot to like there....but look hard and careful, cuz there is reason to question as well. In this case, maybe Oregons system held him back...we will see.
                      Lone, thanks for reminding me of Newman. I know Pacstud is pretty high on him--could be a diamond in the rough. Here's what a mock with Newman might look like:

image.png
                      Still need a CB--we'd need to pick one up in FA...Start Tyrod next year and see how he does with the rebuilt line. Maybe one FA OT also. Let Stick and Newman develop and see who progresses most in a year or two...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I think it's a pipe dream to think Stick or Newman might be franchise QBs. Just be better than Tyrod would be an accomplishment.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree about Herbert but just don't see the draw to Jordon Love. Unless you are talking the 4th-5th round. Don't see him worth more than that.
                          Love is a lower round option, Yes. Both Lamar Jackson and Drew Brees were taken at #32.

I am open to both trading up for Burrows and drafting OT in the 1st and later rounds for QB Jordon Love.

Comment

Working...
                          X