• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    Take Chase Young and trade Ingram in the off-season. Gives a monster of pass rush duo to attack Mahomes and the Chiefs.

No rookie QB is going to lead us anywhere next year. I'd rather wait for 2021 to decide between Lawerence and Fields.
    What if we pick 27th? Then we have no shot at them without trading 4 picks. Won't have that problem if we pick top 10.next draft

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What if we pick 27th? Then we have no shot at them without trading 4 picks. Won't have that problem if we pick top 10.next draft
      Uh, I don't think the Bolts will be picking 27th in the 2020 draft...right now, looks more like 7th...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Uh, I don't think the Bolts will be picking 27th in the 2020 draft...right now, looks more like 7th...
        I was talking about 2021 while by passing on a QB in 2020 when picking top 10.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I was talking about 2021 while by passing on a QB in 2020 when picking top 10.
          Oh, my bad...in that case, if there's a solid QB in the top 10, with a quick release and can scramble out of trouble, I'm up for drafting one...time to move on from Rivers...

Comment

• alex8080
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

eason in the 1st or ehlinger in the 2nd

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              Take Chase Young and trade Ingram in the off-season. Gives a monster of pass rush duo to attack Mahomes and the Chiefs.

No rookie QB is going to lead us anywhere next year. I'd rather wait for 2021 to decide between Lawerence and Fields.
              From what little i've seen, i don't think much of Lawrence. He benefits from being on a great team.

I remember when everyone said to pass on one qb class and wait for the Sam Darnold/Josh Rosen sweepstakes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                eye too had eyes for Evan Weaver, and.... apparently he got "owned" by Jacob Breeland against Oregon ??

may be leaning FA Jon Bostic @backup MLB ?? as don't think they're letting Denzel depart ??

also not sure we don't already have 5 CBs w/Teamer, 4 OTs w/Lamp, 2 pass rushers w/Mel 'n Uchenna, and the three TEs ??

and not convinced they show the either of Tyrod nor Easton the door before next season ??

still thinkin' we select somewhere in the later teens next draft, and yes.... we need an OC & WR, along w/RB and NT.... me thinx ?? (QB in 2021 is my guess ?)

will also add that eye like Herbert, albeit think he comes w/a ? or coupla few, and.... not overly fond of him, 'specially as a Charger, and suspect that Fromm is the safer pick as reports he can "see" the field, one of the more valuable traits of any (NFL) QB.
                I agree with you on the qbs. Eye like Herbert: if he didn't come with a ?, he'd go top 3. Eye like Fromm: he is a safer pick, but with less upside; he can see the field and anticipate things. Very much a pocket guy - Lynn might not like that. Fromm will be available - i'd guess he's an early 2nd round guy. Get your olineman, and then trade up a bit for Fromm.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I agree with you on the qbs. Eye like Herbert: if he didn't come with a ?, he'd go top 3. Eye like Fromm: he is a safer pick, but with less upside; he can see the field and anticipate things. Very much a pocket guy - Lynn might not like that. Fromm will be available - i'd guess he's an early 2nd round guy. Get your olineman, and then trade up a bit for Fromm.
                  there has been some recent chatter that has Fromm moving down into the second.... personally think that is ridiculous, as even tho am personally not a fan, dude is a tight ship and def can steer an NFL roster to where it needs to go.... think he's a safer pick/bet than either Herbert or Eason, albeit a bit behind Joe and Tua ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

there has been some recent chatter that has Fromm moving down into the second.... personally think that is ridiculous, as even tho am personally not a fan, dude is a tight ship and def can steer an NFL roster to where it needs to go.... think he's a safer pick/bet than either Herbert or Eason, albeit a bit behind Joe and Tua ??
                    Fromm is 6'2", 220 pounds, decent mobility - but not first rate, decent arm.....he ain't going in the 1rst round. Those guys never do. 2nd round is his ceiling.

Herbert is everything Joe is and more.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
                      eason in the 1st or ehlinger in the 2nd
                      from what little i saw of eason, i liked. I watched him some more, and now i think he is the guy.

There will be someone available in the first / 2nd round. Groom for 2 years behind rivers.
                      I'd still need to see more, but my initial impression is that i like this qb class.

now is the time.

I'm usually picky about qbs.
                      Last edited by powderblueboy; 10-26-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Fromm is 6'2", 220 pounds, decent mobility - but not first rate, decent arm.....he ain't going in the 1rst round. Those guys never do. 2nd round is his ceiling.

Herbert is everything Joe is and more.
                        Disagree about Herbert. Think Joe is the better QB. I've yet to see Herbert play big in a big game. Doing good against the Pac 12 isn't that impressive to me.

Hec Hundley did that and I didn't care for him and he isn't close to a NFL starter.
                        I'd still have Herbert on the list but he someone I wouldn't trade up for. Burrow imo is the cream of the crop so far.
                        Both having good seasons.
                        Just seen Herbert have some bad games. Even when his ststs weren't bad, he wasn't as good as they showed.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-26-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Herbert looks like a system qb
                          not as a knock, but like alex smith with actually physical talent.
                          kid’s ceiling is superhigh with the right OC.
                          id be happy to risk a first for him.

Joe is obviously impressive, so far, I’m on wait and see mode.

im a Tua fan. Intangibles.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X