• Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tevi is tougher than you can even dream,
    and he has great feet.
    Tom Telesco in his SOTC speech.

Cut somebody else to get your gazillion dollars of cap space so you can get the best five Olinemen money can buy.

:dead:

He's tough alright. Tough to watch...

If saving money were my goal, I'd cut Okung and use the money to buy a FA right tackle (Conklin or Kelly). Then draft Okung's replacement (Thomas/Wills/Wirfs). Upgrade the OL and save money... nutt'in wrong with that.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

No kidding...I like to think I could deduce a few things from that presser...but then he throws out that little nugget. If Sam Tevi is in the Chargers plans as a starting Tackle, then this front office was not humbled this year at all. Not sure why he felt the need to defend Tevi...was that a personal pick of his?Or maybe he is a solid team guy and hard worker, and well liked around the lockerroom..or maybe there is some substance to the Tevi moving inside rumour...who knows. All I know is if he is the starting RT next year, we probably failed in FA and the draft.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

If they did decide to address RG with Tevi...if his limitations vs speed rush can be mitigated, and they really feel he can be the solution there...I don't know. Feels like they are trying to get cute, and solve a problem cheaply...and again on the oline. If the aforementioned is the case, hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the ass...again

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Replace Tevi or replace TT.He likes his sorry ass so much he can exit with him.Sick of these guys trynna sell the rest of us some mediocre bullshit like its top tier.No Telescope we ALL can see by watching every game that this o line and Tevi in particular sucks ass.Stop cheapin out on the trenches man damn.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

LOL my fellow football gurus in need of a new hearing aid battery
            or maybe some ginko.

It was no less than AL who said Trent Scott might move to the inside.

OT is not a PON in a non-trencher world.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

If they continue to ignore the trenches or give another half ass attempt and fail then this f.o. is criminally inept and are going to continue to wallow in mediocrity.Trenchmuncher 4 Lyfe!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                If they continue to ignore the trenches or give another half ass attempt and fail then this f.o. is criminally inept and are going to continue to wallow in mediocrity.Trenchmuncher 4 Lyfe!
                It sure seems like the coaching staff is much higher on some of the players on both the offensive and defensive lines that us fans are. I don't think you can go wrong by drafting players on both lines every single year and hope we do that.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

or maybe some ginko.

Your right...my mistake...it's the other shitty tackle we have that might move inside...I get them mixed up...

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I think Tua-QB had no choice but to declare.
                    if he goes back, he wont play. If he is unfortunate, the rehab will require more time, have a set back or require an additional surgery. And even if all went well, I don't see how he improves his draft stock by returning to school.

Declaring now. Eliminates all those questions and risks. And he can get a contract this next year. And if he has a setback, he is already on a team.

Just think he had to go pro in terms of risk reward.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If saving money were my goal, I'd cut Okung and use the money to buy a FA right tackle (Conklin or Kelly). Then draft Okung's replacement (Thomas/Wills/Wirfs). Upgrade the OL and save money... nutt'in wrong with that.
                      Yep. Tough to watch Tevi giving up all those sacks and hurries:

image.png

Thanks, TT...yer a real good evaluator of talent there...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

or maybe some ginko.

Yep...let's just kick most of our OT's inside, then kick our TE's to OT...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

apples and oranges.....

lets put it this way....... Bridgewater never was and never will be a franchise type QB with HOF potential....... he is a good game manager....if he has a great defense, OL and running game..... period..... he has never picked defenses apart.... Bridgewater, Newton or any other vet would just be a stop gap QB...... no need to stupidly give them big money..... if we draft a star rookie we can franchise Rivers for a year..... Bridgewater ws undefeated as a saint because they have better personel and they have a great HC.......Bridgewater will struggle on chargers..... and look about the same as taylor.....
                          Whoa now....are you saying Burrow and Tua have HOF potential? Because.. that's way too premature. And I think any QB would struggle with our OL. Brady, Brees, Lamar.....any QB.

Burrow and Tua have not played in NFL yet obviously, but just like when Manning, Marino, Elway, Rivers, Luck, ....etc were in college we knew if they didn't pull a ryan leaf that they were going to be special..... their upside is huge...... yes either or both may get hurt and end it all..... but with today's rules its pretty easy to see someone who is that accurate in college(throwing all kinds of passes not just dump offs) will be pretty damn accurate in pros.....
                          Well we hope. Still got to prove it in the NFL. Many top 5 QBs ha r failed. It don't think they will. I'm just not ready to call them HOFers in any capacity yet.

n there is no need to spend the money and or picks for Bridgewater (who has been ok in the NFL and nothing special as a passer)...... teamates love him as a leader..... and a person..... and I certainly won't disagree with that.... but he missed a lot of open passes for NO..... he is not a consistent passer.....
                          Just how much do you think he is going to cost? He is a free agent so no picks will be used.
                          Sorry just don't totally agree with your assessment. I think Burrow and Tua will be good but that's high expectations. Especially for one that has shown to be brittle.

If we get one of them..... or another, I'll always hope for the best but if Rivers is gone I'd be fine bringing in Bridgewater for a year or so to let the rookie sit, no matter which one it is.
                          Id prefer Rivers for another year but I get he might be done with this franchise and not want to come back

Comment

Working...
                          X