• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

JT Barrett at QB? I mean...there is spitballing....and then there is just plain silliness. Barrett isn't a starting NFL QB on any team, in any system. I'd rather bring back Cardale...sorry bro...

(Psst...Hey...does anybody else, when they disagree with Fleet, feel like they are slamming one of the Boss's ideas at work?...head on a swivel, and waiting for the axe?):runaway:
    Lol, no you are allowed to disagree with him. I agree with you on Barrett. No thanks. Hasn't been able to crack a roster spot with three teams now.... A QB named Duck kept him on the PS at Pittsburgh.

Some made an argument that Burrow couldn't beat out Barrett but Barrett was more of what Ohio st wanted. A decent passer who ran lot (much like Hurts) and finished with 3200+ rushing yards.

Yet Barrett went undrafted and Burrow will probably be the #1 pick.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

My EDGE guy will beat your BPA @ 37.

We play modern defensive football.
      M.Lynch was picked up.
      Last year. CJ.Anderson was picked up by Rams.

1st Rd. BPA
      Franchise QB
      Defense.Defense.Defense.
      O-line
      WR
      TE
      Then RB.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Thomas, Wills, Wirfs at #6, that’s my fucking cluster.
        Is your second round cluster ready for publication? I quite like this one.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Is your second round cluster ready for publication? I quite like this one.
          Agree with critty our second pick needs to be QB. Not shy about liking Hurts for that, think he will succeed at the next level just fine (and is the type of QB Lynn really wants). But I worry that one of the five teams ahead of us that passes on QB in the first also covets him, or at least to the extent they’re worried he won’t be there top of the third round. He may be gone before we pick at 37. And I am fine trading back into the bottom of the first round to snag him. I read the negative comments about him then watch the game film, seems they are watching a different player. I like the adversity he has overcome in his college career, I love his maturity and the wheels. I would be very hopeful with him as our QB of the future. Other guys, not so much, but that’s just me. I do expect QB with our second pick unless TT pulls the trigger on Tua.

So not a cluster so much as a target, lol.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Agree with critty our second pick needs to be QB. Not shy about liking Hurts for that, think he will succeed at the next level just fine (and is the type of QB Lynn really wants). But I worry that one of the five teams ahead of us that passes on QB in the first also covets him, or at least to the extent they’re worried he won’t be there top of the third round. He may be gone before we pick at 37. And I am fine trading back into the bottom of the first round to snag him. I read the negative comments about him then watch the game film, seems they are watching a different player. I like the adversity he has overcome in his college career, I love his maturity and the wheels. I would be very hopeful with him as our QB of the future. Other guys, not so much, but that’s just me. I do expect QB with our second pick unless TT pulls the trigger on Tua.

If the Bolts really want Hurts, then trade down to #10 or so, pick up an extra second rounder, take Hurts at #10 and use that second rounder for OT...even double dip at OT in round 3 or 4...though my preference is to stay at #6 and take one of those OT's in Blue's clusta...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

He'll be there and I'm not sure he will be fine. Can probably trade back in the 2nd

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think RPO offense is on Anthony Lynn's mind. And Jalen Hurts is the only QB who fits that style to a T. Jalen Hurts has his detractors but the kid doesn't flinch, never too high, never too low. THAT's what I want in my QB. That, and a killer instinct and who knows when to go for the throat.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He'll be there and I'm not sure he will be fine. Can probably trade back in the 2nd
                  I just looked at the selection order again and I agree Hurts will be there, and they can probably trade back. I can see the Colts moving on a QB
                  at #34, but a pure pocket passer is Frank Reich's style. Meaning a 6'5" white guy.

Second round Third round Fourth round Fifth round Sixth round Seventh round                  

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Thomas, Wills, Wirfs at #6, that’s my fucking cluster.
                    That's my fucking cluster, too!

2nd round: OC Creed Humphrey, OT Trey Adams, QB Jordan Love, QB Jacob Eason, CB Trevon Diggs
                    3rd round: RB Najee Harris, RB Chuba Hubbard, OC Lloyd Cushenberry, DT Leki Fotu, CB Paulson Adebo
                    4th round: RB K'Shawn Vaughn, RB Anthony McFarland, G Ben Cleveland, OC Cesar Ruiz, CB Jaylon Johnson, CB Cameron Dantzler
                    5th round: QB Tyler Huntley, RB Kylin Hill, OT Lucas Niang, DT Justin Madubuike, DT Ross Blacklock, LB Joe Bachie, CB Luq Barcoo
                    6th round: WR Devin Duvernay, WR Collin Johnson, WR KJ Hill, CB Troy Pride, OC Zach Shackleford, LB Chazz Surratt
                    7th round: WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Aaron Fuller, WR Jauan Jennings, G/OT Ezra Cleveland, OC Frederick Mauigoa, LB Tuf Borland, LB Erroll Thompson

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I really like the first 2 picks.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                        ~ Charger Fan ~
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Jupiter, FL
                        • Send PM

With so many people predicting that 2 QBs and 2 OTs taken before we draft, that would mean an elite edge rusher or CB will be their at 6. There will be a great player available when we draft (QB, OT, DE, CB)!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
                          With so many people predicting that 2 QBs and 2 OTs taken before we draft, that would mean an elite edge rusher or CB will be their at 6. There will be a great player available when we draft (QB, OT, DE, CB)!
                          Add LB to that.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X