• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

really starting to wonder if Andrew Thomas could fall to 6 ??

Burrow to Cincy and Young to DC ?? and don't see why Detroit would take Okudah as there are CBs aplenty in the first round (they could trade down and still get a darn good corner), and Derrick Brown is not quite universally rated @3 overall ??

the Raiders can trade their two firsts and their later third rounder to move up to 3, if and how eye suspect that Gruden likes Herbert.... (is Mayock willing ?)

also for some sneaky suspicion/reason have the sense that NY is going Jeudy ?? does Miami take Tua @5, or wait and hope he can be had later in the first ?? (will he last 'til later tho ?)

does that leave Thomas for the Chargers @6 ?? !! (would be pretty darn awesome)
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

I don’t get the Andrew Thomas “falls” to #6. It is early to have your board finalized. Is AT the best OT in this draft? Is he one of the 6-8 best prospects in this draft? What separates him from the next 5 OTs prospects?
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        I don’t get the Andrew Thomas “falls” to #6. It is early to have your board finalized. Is AT the best OT in this draft? Is he one of the 6-8 best prospects in this draft? What separates him from the next 5 OTs prospects?
        Yep, way too early. It's Why I don't even bother to do mocks until at least after the combine. it won't have a huge effect hit it will have some.

Usually a stupid effect like Boller throwing a ball from his knees and GMs slobbering lol. Nevermind he was mediocre as a college QB.
        I recall a RB who was a late round prospect who ran a 4.3 and someone drafted him in the 2nd round. He flamed out fast. Forget his name.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Name a QB drafted after the first 5-10 picks that didn't have question marks,
          Russell Wilson? (I consider 6' height as tall enough for a QB...)

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

you think Durant is equal to Thomas ?? personally like both Durant some and Wirfs a bit more, and.... my sense is both of 'em are more north/south guys and not as agile/lateral oriented as Thomas ??

the biggest difference for me is intangibles.... really get the sense that AT is a solid, and that he's pretty much the ten year vet you're looking for.

Durant and Wirfs both seem not to be lacking for talent, they just seem a bit "younger" or the such to me, and while Thomas comes across as steady and ready, or the such ??

how do you not see a difference between Thomas and the day two guys, not to mention Wills and Wirfs ??

personally see Thomas as the best get in the draft.... better than the both of Burrow and Chase Young.... 'specially for the Chargers if that were to be the case.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

you think Durant is equal to Thomas ?? personally like both Durant some and Wirfs a bit more, and.... my sense is both of 'em are more north/south guys and not as agile/lateral oriented as Thomas ??

the biggest difference for me is intangibles.... really get the sense that AT is a solid, and that he's pretty much the ten year vet you're looking for.

Durant and Wirfs both seem not to be lacking for talent, they just seem a bit "younger" or the such to me, and while Thomas comes across as steady and ready, or the such ??

how do you not see a difference between Thomas and the day two guys, not to mention Wills and Wirfs ??

personally see Thomas as the best get in the draft.... better than the both of Burrow and Chase Young.... 'specially for the Chargers if that were to be the case.
              Oh I like Thomas. Tremendous movement, mirror, and handstrike skills. He is not the massive roadgrater that some see. I have only done 2 2019 games of his so far.

My my highest rated OT thus far is Mekhi Becton.

Durant has a technical flaw in his kickstep that causes occasional quick losses inside. Coachable.
              Wirfs has some lateral agility issues that will be problematic against S2P opponents, spin counters, and hesitation double moves. He may move inside.
              Wills has excellent feet but his vertical natural body position will cause leverage issues and his grip strength is questionable. Both correctable.
              Naing is the most natural ROT with movement skills, adequate power, and solid fundamentals that show up playafter play.
              Wanogho has great feet/athleticism but is raw. His measured length correlates to his S2P issues on tape. He may need to kick inside.
              Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-21-2020, 03:54 PM.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Oh I like Thomas. Tremendous movement, mirror, and handstrike skills. He is not the massive roadgrater that some see. I have only done 2 2019 games of his so far.

good to hear.... would love it if he went to NY.

am hoping everyone thinks we are considering the likes of Herbert or Tua, and/or then Wills and possibly Becton.... crossing fingers for the either of Thomas or Brown.

ps. def willing to sacrifice roadgrader for someone (durable and) to keep our QB upright.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Durant has a technical flaw in his kickstep that causes occasional quick losses inside. Coachable.
                  Wirfs has some lateral agility issues that will be problematic against S2P opponents, spin counters, and hesitation double moves. He may move inside.
                  Wills has excellent feet but his vertical natural body position will cause leverage issues and his grip strength is questionable. Both correctable.
                  Naing is the most natural ROT with movement skills, adequate power, and solid fundamentals that show up playafter play.
                  Wanogho has great feet/athleticism but is raw. His measured length correlates to his S2P issues on tape. He may need to kick inside.
                  like54ninjas=Daniel Jeremiah?:runaway:
                  The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I spend far too much time on here to be anyone of renown.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Speaking of Jeremiah, here's his recently released Mock 1.0:

image.png
                      image.png
                      image.png
                      image.png
                      image.png
                      In Daniel Jeremiah's initial look at Round 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft, he has four QBs -- including Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa -- going in the top 15. Who else landed on DJ's first mock draft of the year?

Last edited by Topcat; 01-21-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

I gotta believe there'll be a few OL that improve their stock at the combine, which will put us in a favourable spot at 37 to take a player we'll be able to plug right into our starting unit.
                        I'm still thinking Simmons has to be the guy at 6. Pairing him with James on that side of the ball would just be HUGE for our D. He's most likely to have an immediate impact on our football team( just like Derwin in 2018)

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

thinkin' the first five off the board are Burrow, Chase Young, Herbert, Jeudy and Tua.

suspect that 'tis likely that Gruden trades up to three for Justin, and guessin' that Gettleman surprises (some) again and takes Jerry.

my cluster remains unchanged save for some uncertainty on the Oline, as still have D. Brown as job one, and still like D'Andre Swift and CeeDee Lamb quite a bit.

what rankles me some is a bit/degree of uncertainty 'round Andrew Thomas and Wirfs ??

speaking personally and as a chronic draftnik, it hasn't gone unnoticed that am no better than team TommyJohn @this thing, as am pretty darn avg when it comes to selecting players that work out, i.e. have gotten a fair bit of mileage outta Ryan Ramczyk, but truth be told was just as high if not higher on Malik McDowell.... was also a big fan of A'Shawn Robinson, but then again was pretty darn keen on Jason Spriggs that year as well, and last year when Steve or someone suggested we go outside the box of our team needs and consider someone theretofore rarely mentioned, was one to volunteer AJ Brown, albeit again had paired him up w/JaChai Polite in the same conversation, and so.... you get it.... how certain can eye be of my Derrick Brown/Andrew Thomas combo ??

Wirfs is a consideration/complication as well, as could he not be better than Thomas ?? and why has Thomas fallen off a bit these last few weeks ?? and how did Wirfs find himself in the second half of round one in some mocks of late ?? not to mention that some pundits have put Derrick Brown mid first round, and rather than top five/ten ??

so given my tendency/preponderance for hitting on the one of two picks usually volunteered.... how am eye looking w/Brown vs. Thomas @6 ??

ps. my first round cluster last year fluctuated between Stidham, Dex, Erik McCoy, Kaleb McGary and Nasir....

Comment

Working...
                          X